Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

@Kirkcaldy Weather i just told the family to expect an epic winter after reading your post. best check the food stocks and milk supply..

• Like 3

Posted

Valley gutters just inspected all clear so just the volume of water being the problem. And right on cue its raining again.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Storm moving in hereIMG_20190807_133539.thumb.jpg.24cc1c3e5a43db3d2233426f1949b69f.jpgIMG_20190807_133402.thumb.jpg.592b6d2c81e8cbb63ca1242bdc0cc7b2.jpgIMG_20190807_133417.thumb.jpg.b97663c1573663ad8c60c7676eb167d3.jpgIMG_20190807_133419.thumb.jpg.6f8c3e882cb108f2fc1ef7521d299aa3.jpgIMG_20190807_133429.thumb.jpg.8a6c5160eb323110f4848539dfe8a8f1.jpg

IMG_20190807_133505.jpg

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 8

Posted

Wow what a storm, lost count how many that is now this year, gutters overflowing, thunder but the main things were the intensity of the rain and possible rotation as about a third of the way into the storm sudden gusts with rain swirling in all directions, have some videos so will try and get them uploaded at some point, yet again flooding will be an issue here.

• Like 6

Posted

Still getting rumbles from the cell in the forth / Edinburgh and possibly more developing to the NW 

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Penicuikblizzard said:

Storm in coming over Edinburgh looks pretty intense 

Was looking at that myself. Deep purples..

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

We had the full Monty here around 2pm.   Thunder, lightning, torrential rain and gusty wind.   Parts of the garden flooded (again).

I am sure if you were caught out in that lot you would have experienced some serious  pain as it was coming down so hard.   Still rumbling away!

Love it!:oldsmile:

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 5

Posted
14 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

I can hear the odd rumble from that line of storms but it's to my north-west. In a straight line it's about 30-35 miles from here to Kirkcaldy...that's my wee fact for the day

Edit: This is looking NW from near my house.

20190807_154010.thumb.jpg.dca4ebbf8a58c7266de566ca9d3b7f2c.jpg

30-35 miles between storm heaven or toys oot the pram  getting sandwiched in between cells here now, I would happily send them your way as I dont think we can handle another lot of intense rain here!

• Like 3

Posted

Cb and anvil creeping into view to the west with mammatus trying to form on the back of the cell to the SW IMG_20190807_155745.thumb.jpg.ceaee4d880ca465a882076cd99475b54.jpgIMG_20190807_155749.thumb.jpg.de7ecda55fd82cfd8073a0cef7f3d8d5.jpgIMG_20190807_155800.thumb.jpg.dff73e26aed0b4250da2184fb8068ab3.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Ms HC reports our moat at home too deep without wellies and my site office near Fyvie has a moat too.  Patchy heavy rain all day continuing. Reports of various flood from here across to Dingwall.

Not loving it in the least. At the lowest impact, it means some vulnerable folk reluctant to go out, up to higher impacts on roads, rails, drains, residential and business properties getting flooded.  Yeah so heavy rain is dramatic to see but beyond that, no thanks. Grump over.

• Like 5

Posted

Popping in for the first time in what feel like forever! Great reading the reports from the Edinburgh storms. I've missed pretty much every single storm this summer due to an increase in working away time. Was back home briefly last weekend and had literally 2 rumbles of thunder all afternoon and 1 heavy shower. Pathetic really 

Hope everyone's watertight!!!!!

• Like 6

Posted

Welcome back @101_North get the sandbags oot!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

I've got the edges of this I think, went suddenly dark indigo, winds gusted, couple minutes of rain, and heard rumbles in the distance but it now looks like it's gone over east by Lauder.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Wow popped out for an hour and all hell breaks loose. got caught in a major shower between Lochty and Gilmerton. some of the worst driving conditions ive had to deal with in a long time. got the boss lady to take some pics of the storms to the south of us and will put them on asap. Radar looks full.

Edited by bigsnow
  • Like 4

Posted
Just now, CatchMyDrift said:

We've had a huge downpour and a proper crack of thunder which sounded within a few hundred metres at most

:yahoo:  

• Like 2

Posted

We've had 1 small shower but everything's exploded as it's moved east. Mayhem in some parts again so it seems

• Like 3

Posted

Won't surprise anyone but more thunder here and a flash of lightning 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

We've had some stunning downpours this afternoon, the sky from the north west became black then it all started, some beautiful cloud formations as well.

Looking at the radar the whole system is rotating off the east coast and dragging everything inland and down across the Forth Valley so we are all getting a pasting for a change.

I can hear a few rumbles as I type this...excellent..!!!

Grab 3.jpg

Grab 4.jpg

Grab 1.jpg

Grab 2.jpg

Edited by Klippie
  • Like 7

Posted

We had a few heavy showers today including hail at least where I was. I didn't hear it but one or two work colleagues mention hearing one(!) clap of thunder in the late morning, possibly in the vicinity of the airport. Clouds at times looked very threatening but ultimately I think we escaped the worst in the main here. Currently bright/sunny now with a wind from the NW.

• Like 3