Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
28 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Wuss.

i'm still under restricted posting from a rant from winter. i cant afford to get into anymore trouble 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
20 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

i'm still under restricted posting from a rant from winter. i cant afford to get into anymore trouble 

:oops:

Several loud crumps here and some splotty rain. 

Posted

Quite a number of thunderstoms round about us this afternoon. Got caught in one in Forres with torrential rain but they are very localised with some  areas staying bone dry.

A very stormy looking sky at some points this afternoon too.

• Like 2

Posted

Another lovely day.  Max of 20.9C. No showers here although some big clouds on the horizon.  I think our next turn may come tomorrow.

Edited by howham
  • Like 2

Posted

Nothing again. this must be how southern folk feel in winter when snaw is falling here and they are getting cold rain..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
27 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

Nothing again. this must be how southern folk feel in winter when snaw is falling here and they are getting cold rain..

The Black Isle is usually pretty thunder-free but we've had a good bit this afternoon, even saw some flashes and grounding. Also some epic heavy rain, not that we need it. Damn snails are feasting on everything green faster than the Gestapo can round them up.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Lively day up North - great stuff! 

Crepuscular rays dancing over the Cowal Peninsula currently - heavy downpours arriving from the West soon.

FC2C2F06-F7E8-4AD0-8CE6-CE8375FF6F7A.thumb.jpeg.347921812bca709a3d12a8361e882d77.jpegF0A000B1-5797-4752-BAB4-AF5D76D93BF2.thumb.png.95b178faf60b49dae4645b4f53c994c0.png

Excited to see what tomorrow and Wednesday brings! ⚡

Have a good night! 

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 8

Posted

Very good point @CatchMyDrift just seems like no matter what angle they come from they manage to avoid Crieff... the rest off the week and weekend look like a total wash out and one thing i just noticed as i let the puppy out for her final pee is that tonight it feels a little colder than it has done for a long time. Autumn is coming i feel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.
28 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

Very good point @CatchMyDrift just seems like no matter what angle they come from they manage to avoid Crieff... the rest off the week and weekend look like a total wash out and one thing i just noticed as i let the puppy out for her final pee is that tonight it feels a little colder than it has done for a long time. Autumn is coming i feel.

Ditto Comrie - the odd distant rumble this summer and nothing more. On the upside, we've also avoided a lot of the downpours, too, so silver linings and all that. Mind you, if it were winter and it was snow bypassing us the way the t-storms have, the dummy would be getting spat oot!

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Polar Gael said:

Ditto Comrie - the odd distant rumble this summer and nothing more. On the upside, we've also avoided a lot of the downpours, too, so silver linings and all that. Mind you, if it were winter and it was snow bypassing us the way the t-storms have, the dummy would be getting spat oot!

Iv'e already dusted off the pram and loaded the toys in ready for the coming winter. if i cant get moved to higher ground before winter i got the feeling it will be getting used.

Edited by bigsnow
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

There's a Met-Office yellow warning for thunderstorms today and tomorrow for Scotland so that's really pinning down who might catch one, covering all the bases again.

Capture 1.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Dramatic sky to my North - torrential downpours galore currently across many parts! 

37375E3A-E7EC-4B54-A89F-732C71994CBD.thumb.jpeg.91ae0b8a2207412e0557a38544bc52e8.jpeg

Hopefully plenty of thunderstorms across Scotland today! 

• Like 6

Posted

Radar has a very heavy band heading my way. am i about to get some proper action or will it some how manage to avoid me like it has all summer. come on summer please give me a storm to talk about.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Took my son to the park with his scooter. The sun was shining, I checked the radar and there was nothing near here. So we walked along with no jumper or jackets on then 10 mins later...

FF00CDC7-B326-442D-A267-61F9633F3201.thumb.jpeg.8834c21210c12e3f1a958066f465ec5d.jpeg

Big downpour out of nowhere, we are both soaked right through 

• Like 7

Posted

Jesus god that was some absolutely torrential rain that just went through here (and that the first main shower of the day too)! if that's anything to go by we going to be absolutely drenched

• Like 6

Posted

Went very dark and then monsoon rain. no thunder but by far the best iv'e seen all summer.

• Like 5

Posted

Latest from here.

7 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

No thunder/lightning yet but its a conveyor belt of convective heaven just to my North West/North. (Cowal Peninsula and Argyll hills)

Moving North East to the Arrochar Alps and beyond - wouldn’t fancy a walk on the mountains today as they are getting an absolute deluge.

Pictures taken one hour apart.

2A2DA061-936B-46F9-9264-EE348AADF05C.thumb.jpeg.37d99c57976184dabf6e3c62e970c8ea.jpeg

CE064530-688D-4473-9B29-EE4A2366F4C7.thumb.jpeg.9e0fce2251cc45cb08e121e71ee09d9c.jpeg

Lightning showing up in Northern Ireland within the last hour so hopefully only a matter of time for here and elsewhere.

I can’t remember a Summer with so much convection/thunderstorms throughout Scotland - not to mention the amount of warnings we have had.

Anyone think/know of one?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Plenty of heavy showers so far today no thunder yet, back edge of that latest shower IMG_20190806_125545.thumb.jpg.1d5bf4673b05c20dde1df98bf198e3f4.jpgIMG_20190806_125547.thumb.jpg.abd08b734ee48ca82bfc8e8586ec2471.jpgIMG_20190806_125604.thumb.jpg.40dcd2a26e733c929574a75c8d560dd5.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

I think this is the first year the Met Office have started thunderstorm warnings but yes, it is a good summer for storms.  Nothing here yet (sunny and warm) but clouds bubbling up inland.

• Like 3