Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

@Kirkcaldy Weather nothing again for me... 4 warnings so far and not a single rumble or flash. ive had enough of this summer and just want winter to get a move on. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
1 hour ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

My storm risk map for tomorrow image.thumb.png.5e937976b818c6974a13cf0c93008717.png could also be some cells that develop further east but main focus should be in that orange zone (easterly wind likely to pick up which as I discussed usually kills any storms around here so not keen on anything here hence no zone further east) Orange zone threats - frequent lightning and intense rainfall with medium - high risk of flooding, discussion - storms look likely to develop with plentiful amounts of both SBCAPE and MUCAPE with a front moving up from the SW and also a convergence zone looking like setting up focusing the storms over the orange zone, after a few days of heavy rain and the likeliness of intense rainfall in a short space of time flooding will be likely so if in this area keeping an eye on the radar will be a good idea.

@Mr Frost @Ross B @Stormeh in with a chance tomorrow.

Looking good mate! Cheers once again for taking the time to deliver another storm risk map/outlook - enjoy reading them!

I am feeling quite confident for here tomorrow (there goes any chance I did have! ) 

Radar at the ready for tomorrow - really has been quite the Summer for thunderstorm warnings/outlooks! Most of my thunderstorms happened at the end of June - bits and bobs since.

Peaked at 18c today - heavy showers on and off - low hanging clouds the order of today! 

B4C1395E-3D2B-4C31-9265-AD60115A7BEF.thumb.jpeg.17eff6b2b85227daeca916df888e65d9.jpeg33034EB4-3DC0-465A-9F0A-9AA84C3EE273.thumb.jpeg.70d7acf86f9e27d9eecfc83e1ce714ad.jpeg

If going into August there is no sign of a plume/heat/thunderstorms I would like to fast forward straight into Winter! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and Thunderstorms
2 hours ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

My storm risk map for tomorrow image.thumb.png.5e937976b818c6974a13cf0c93008717.png could also be some cells that develop further east but main focus should be in that orange zone (easterly wind likely to pick up which as I discussed usually kills any storms around here so not keen on anything here hence no zone further east) Orange zone threats - frequent lightning and intense rainfall with medium - high risk of flooding, discussion - storms look likely to develop with plentiful amounts of both SBCAPE and MUCAPE with a front moving up from the SW and also a convergence zone looking like setting up focusing the storms over the orange zone, after a few days of heavy rain and the likeliness of intense rainfall in a short space of time flooding will be likely so if in this area keeping an eye on the radar will be a good idea.

And me in Beith

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Thanks. Gauranteed as I'll be back down in North East England!  There does look like a good chance of thundery downpours training on the same areas, hopefully the flash flooding won't be as bad as yesterday.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Morning all

21c predicted for today, sunny spells and torrential downpours/thunderstorms - Ayrshire looks the sweet spot for any action if you enjoy a bit of wild weather. (Hopefully no flooding)

Misty/gloomy start here. 

79805775-8056-4D99-B268-1515FD5C979B.thumb.jpeg.bc2bf6d7fcb325a381ccded156ce5633.jpeg

Another round of torrential downpours/thunderstorms tomorrow. 

BF193367-1291-4656-82EB-D9F32C92323A.thumb.png.39acbeccd0b4bb2912c249927f7b32a4.png

Pretty impressive temperature wise recently and again this week - above average month on the cards for all of us I would imagine.

@Kirkcaldy Weather the reindeers up in Lapland will be loving the weather now!

4DAD2DB0-DFD6-46D3-8074-54C67EDE2E9C.thumb.png.1d24778a1e032ee2c1f31e3a864b2a47.png

Have a good day all!

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Seems ages since since we've had a morning like this!   Cloudless, strong sunshine and no wind.   17.1c.

static_weathercams.php.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

Well another very humid (98%RH) foggy night Temperature at 1.00am this morning was 18.5c and is currently 20.5c.Even the fan felt like it was blowing warm air over you.Weeds have got away from me in the garden as on any dry day in the last fortnight we have been making hay.

• Like 4

Posted

All eyes to the south those showers just over the border look corkers but will they keep their oomph 

• Like 3

Posted

i'm not getting my hopes up again. would love a good storm or 2 but so far this summer they have all missed.

• Like 2

Posted

Couple of downpours here today but my hopes are fading for anything electrical!

South Ayrshire and Dumfries for example are so close to epic thunderstorms but it’s all swinging back West out to sea just as it looks like hitting!

Just need it all to snake a bit further North/North West and then we are in the game - will it make it!?

2A117094-98CB-4F58-9BA6-5339291DA9E2.thumb.png.7ea2268a44eca6a48c9805c25c39d163.png51ADF55A-8A58-490D-8C2F-B8567A5B81D6.thumb.png.fa99af86db12678161f23bbf770ec8cf.png

Sums up July for us in the West! 

Another chance at glory tomorrow. 

North Yorkshire has been the place to be.

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

@Mr Frost think that band of showers that drifted in earlier has limited the convective potential that today had although still a chance of cells developing in its wake, looks like a thundery cell has developed up near @Northernlights 

• Like 2

Posted
26 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

@Mr Frost think that band of showers that drifted in earlier has limited the convective potential that today had although still a chance of cells developing in its wake, looks like a thundery cell has developed up near @Northernlights 

Yes very oppressive here this afternoon and the thundery shower is just SW of me with the downpour concentrated over the Cawdor hills. A few rumbles of thunder too. Sun just poked through the stormy clouds only emphasising just how black they are. Been painting machines this afternoon and blowing out air filters all under cover out of the sun. Update storm moving NW towards Inverness.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 5

Posted

A cracking day here.  Sunshine from the off and feeling warm.  Max of 22.8C.  July turning into a very decent month here.

• Like 5

Posted

It’s starting to look better for a few of us now!

38067B32-5995-403A-9E3B-A22FA0810B5E.thumb.png.5e74dddb17070efe71d542503fbec596.png

I might get lucky just to my North/North West within the next hour.

75B75B72-6D26-46B2-9660-99084F9780E4.thumb.png.70b41cd9dcaf5b81537144a811f080e7.png

Sun is beating down just out of picture to my West - view is looking North West.

B48E3F20-AF60-4F45-B3E7-E7C2119580A5.thumb.jpeg.c3e693ad2b598c6e35756cef52aa6c0f.jpeg

Sean Batty on Twitter mentioned risk of thunderstorms Wednesday, Thursday and weekend for central parts. (Although looks decent for many)

Always nice to see the thunderstorm image showing on the map for two days in a row. (Hopefully it actually happens!)

821F822B-9400-40D7-8021-BD67AFEBDEAA.thumb.png.faa3598abaad9d63052dfeb2ec0624ae.png

@Kirkcaldy Weather busy few days ahead if you are planning on doing more risk/outlook maps. ⛈⚡

Northern Ireland looks great for storms over the next couple of hours.

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 3

Posted

@howham Yes, I was surprised how warm and sunny it has been today, hereabouts anyway. I had a walk in Glen Lethnot this afternoon and the car registered 24C in the car park there, which is at some height. Very pleasant it was with just a slight refreshing breeze and good visibility.

The sky was clouding over, however, on the way home around 16.30 with a bank of Cu to the west and north. The temp held up at 22C.

• Like 3

Posted

Watching a big cell pass about 20 miles to the south of me, sky is black. Can hear the odd distant rumble. I'm hoping it saves the best for tonight so I can get decen't photos, without getting wet, hopefully. 

• Like 3

Posted

Once again another evening passing without so much as a rumble. my luck had better be better than this in the coming winter period. a lot will depend on weather i get my move to higher altitude. 

• Like 3

Posted

Still very oppressive and now very foggy . Turned a shed of hay tonight as it appeared to be getting damp with such humid conditions. No sign of heating and still smells fresh. Currently 20c These night time temperatures are just unreal especially going on for so long.

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, Richard Taylor said:

Never seen so many butterflies! Painted Ladies I think they are.

Neighbour was commenting the exact same thing this afternoon, plenty about here as well.  Cabbage Whites though have been pretty scarce this year for a change.

Glorious day, max of 24c and plenty of strong sunshine. 

Evening cloudier and you could see some heavy showers over to the west but dry here; currently 17c outside.

Combine Harvesters are out in force in the fields round here this evening, seems early compared to other years. Blackberry crop definitely early though, a good kilogram picked this evening but the quality of the fruit is not the best - heat is not allowing the berries to swell up as much you would like.

• Like 4

Posted

@

13 minutes ago, Quinach said:

Neighbour was commenting the exact same thing this afternoon, plenty about here as well.  Cabbage Whites though have been pretty scarce this year for a change.

Glorious day, max of 24c and plenty of strong sunshine. 

Evening cloudier and you could see some heavy showers over to the west but dry here; currently 17c outside.

Combine Harvesters are out in force in the fields round here this evening, seems early compared to other years. Blackberry crop definitely early though, a good kilogram picked this evening but the quality of the fruit is not the best - heat is not allowing the berries to swell up as much you would like.

Winter barley sown last autumn is actually just being harvested at its normal time. Last year with the very dry summer it was about ten days earlier than this year.With the heat of the last ten days all plants are racing through their growth stages and crops are ripening very fast so the countryside has suddenly gone from green to yellow

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
On 29/07/2019 at 20:33, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Same areas likely for tomorrow with perhaps a slight inclusion for areas further NE like @Northernlights again, with main threats being the chance of flooding and frequent lightning.

2 hours ago, Mr Frost said:

Big torrential downpour has just passed through - made for quite a dramatic sky! 

I have missed out on a thunderstorm today but I will take this as a consolation prize! 

4FDDEEAA-3172-47F3-8B35-DE2FD1FD4314.thumb.jpeg.0aa9dd4daaa3e0782f2032af02a36129.jpegB6A7AA0F-6B49-4970-9F52-BD7B90F4E1BB.thumb.jpeg.39aac5655629264eb0ab2ddbaa89d727.jpeg19D5110F-2A9C-4B12-A880-48ABF6F7529B.thumb.jpeg.75e076de388ea631778d7753294bf476.jpeg

MDT risk right over my house tomorrow...

Great pics as always  looks like the convergence zone could set up over you tomorrow so  you get a decent storm.

• Like 3