Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
2 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

not long now :oldrofl: :santa-emoji: anim_yhg2.thumb.gif.955e1ca9dac42a667547873a2af27d0f.gif

Looks a bit marginal does that.. Probably end up in Greece in the end anyways.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

What a dreary way to end the warmth, just slowly ebbing heat under a grey sky. Useless Scottish weather again.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in the summer

Been another stunning day in the Hebrides again with back to back days of 25c and blue sky.  

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Warmest that I noticed today was 26C, but turned cloudy later in the afternoon and has been raining for a bit this evening. 

• Like 4

Posted

Temperature managed to reach a hot 26.5c in the early afternoon - I'm sure it would have gotten higher were it not for the cloud rapidly building up in the afternoon.

Overcast and very humid from mid afternoon onwards, still 19c outside even with the heavy rain that has been off and on for the last 30 mins or so.

Casting an eye to the rain radar, looks like we are in for a wet few hours with the string of showers all the way back to Eastern England.

Pity the lightning activity on the showers down there will not move up here - compensate for the complete failure that was last night (not even a drop of rain here overnight going by the rain gauge).

image.thumb.png.7bbd4d7022273e1d51d210abc5224134.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Just woke up for a pee (too much information I know ) and thought I would check the radar just incase anything was happening!

Anyone on the East coast of Scotland currently look out to sea! Line of storms moving up - should be a good lightning show if it all holds together! (Maybe off the North East coast of Scotland also)

F0DB5E77-43A7-4621-AF0E-8AABDB83D995.thumb.png.01ef463da27649f66ce0f09272731fcb.png764A95C3-F03B-4FF4-84A1-6DB70275035F.thumb.png.7b420d99a6ff3715df14027b640653b2.png

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

@Mr Frost what do you think I am doing  got that rain overhead ATM but those first lot of cells should pass to my east north east soon so hopefully I might hear or see something 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
4 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

@Mr Frost what do you think I am doing  got that rain overhead ATM but those first lot of cells should pass to my east north east soon so hopefully I might hear or see something 

Knew I could count on you!

If only @Norrance was still up! 

Lots of folk in the North East of England on a Facebook weather page I follow are reporting low rumbling thunder, lots of flashes and numerous CG strikes out at sea! 

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 1

Posted

@Mr Frost they are trying to head my way but are struggling to move West with this pesky rain band trying to move n / ne at the same time! @Norrance might get something later if they move inland up there.

• Like 1

Posted

Some flashes and rumbles here in the past 15 mins or so 

• Like 3

Posted
6 hours ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Some flashes and rumbles here in the past 15 mins or so 

Pretty decent - think it peaked about 3am!

All that lightning wasted over the North Sea - unless you had a view of it!

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 1

Posted

In rain here yesterday or this morning.  I think today might be decent here.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning all!

What a wonderful day for a garden party!   As they say in this neck of the woods, 'It's fair stotting!'   Had a look at the radar, and it looks as if it is ever so slowly moving WNW and may leave Fife in the clear, though cloudy,  soon?

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Morning all!

What a wonderful day for a garden party!   As they say in this neck of the woods, 'It's fair stotting!'   Had a look at the radar, and it looks as if it is ever so slowly moving WNW and may leave Fife in the clear, though cloudy,  soon?

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Indeed!  It is dry here now, tho', and I am hopeful of it staying that way with, perhaps, a sunny spell this afternoon, at least for the happy campers.

• Like 4

Posted

We've had rain. It's actually really nice we finally getting some again! Looks like a very wet day coming up

• Like 3

Posted

Warm sunshine!  I love that the breakdown often means improved weather here.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
11 hours ago, Mr Frost said:

Knew I could count on you!

If only @Norrance was still up! 

Lots of folk in the North East of England on a Facebook weather page I follow are reporting low rumbling thunder, lots of flashes and numerous CG strikes out at sea! 

Yes was in bed. Did hear some distant thunder and there were some spells of heavy rain.  Have been listening out for thunder so often recently that I sometimes think that I am imaging it (or it was the wife’s snoring.)

• Like 4

Posted

@Mr Frost few flashes and rumbles as I said about 1am then a distant rumble just after 3 but couldn't see any flashes, have had some very intense rain throughout the morning so wouldn't be surprised if there is flooding in places.

• Like 2

Posted

Warmest place in UK at moment is Shetland!!  Any members up there?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Finally stopped raining here.   A bit of flooding around the garden but it always drains away quickly once dry.   Front is on the other side of the motorway now on the Kinross side.   If it doesn't intensify, should be ok.:oldgood:

• Like 6

Posted
18 minutes ago, howham said:

Seen that! I’m sure there is a member from up there.

41823DCE-9CEB-4FE9-8123-A8C33DA6CCED.thumb.png.3cb8850d7bfc7a534452d278928c43b3.png

Very hot over Scandinavia also.

DC2C267C-99D3-4BAE-BA47-1BAE585B6EA8.thumb.png.29448ecba862f54975610aefafe62653.png

Rovaniemi, Lapland (home of Santa ) is currently 27c.

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
35 minutes ago, howham said:

There used to be a regular poster from Shetland. Was he a coastguard or similar?

Edit. It wouldn’t be often that he would be reporting as the warmest place in the country, at least in the Summer.

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 4

Posted
39 minutes ago, Norrance said:

There used to be a regular poster from Shetland. Was he a coastguard or similar?

Edit. It wouldn’t be often that he would be reporting as the warmest place in the country, at least in the Summer.

Yes - I remember him! 

@Weather-history has just informed me that in August 1910 Shetland was indeed the hottest place in the UK! 

6th August 1910: 27.8C at Sumburgh Head.

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
50 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Finally stopped raining here.   A bit of flooding around the garden but it always drains away quickly once dry.   Front is on the other side of the motorway now on the Kinross side.   If it doesn't intensify, should be ok.:oldgood:

Looks like it has finally stopped here noo Blitzy!

I know that a lot of our team on here like their Thunder Storms, but could we mibeez all collectively wish for a prolonged spell of Blue Skies and Sunshine?

Our local park here is Fkn saturated and it's the local kids Gala day next Saturday. 

Even during the hot days this week, it was squelching tae walk oan and the coming week disnae look good either!

Fksake

Big Innes

• Like 4