Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Did I just read tornado safety advice on the Scotland discussion thread?

• Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

Did I just read tornado safety advice on the Scotland discussion thread?

There's a storm working its way up, its over Lancashire just now, creeping up the coast. It seems to be holding its own, so people from Dumfries and north of that might get something decent later on. Disappointingly, I'll be able to see it sail past in the distance from my window. 

• Like 2

Posted

Sean Batty  @SeanBattySTV

BREAKING - It's official. Edinburgh is currently experiencing its warmest day on record with the temperature hitting 31.2C at 3pm! Previous record in the city was 30C set in 1975

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

only one thing for it in this heat, ice cold beer! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather

Convective weather showing a severe for Dumfries area whilst Met Office showing low level threat that barely even touches Lochmaben. Which one should I believe  

6CE9DC08-8353-46B0-BFA0-0F7D54720CC6.png

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, Tempest said:

Convective weather showing a severe for Dumfries area whilst Met Office showing low level threat that barely even touches Lochmaben. Which one should I believe  

Go with this and not the Met office as this one appears to be holding more truth. 

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Tempest said:

I'm in the red zone, not seen a single flash or rumble all summer so i wont get too excited..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather
1 minute ago, rossco89 said:

Go with this and not the Met office as this one appears to be holding more truth. 

Excellent, thanks Rossco89 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Penicuikblizzard said:

Not much on the precipitation forecast charts from the met office,,,are these storms not picked up until they arrive??

I noticed the same earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Pretty hot here today (peaked at 28c) - not as hot as Edinburgh though! Brilliant stuff!

D9B877A7-CED0-4133-940C-E723D25C15E1.thumb.png.2d0236a3cf086b4e659ddba581f68a80.png

Wish these storms were heading for me!

I would be absolutely buzzing if I lived in the Borders, Edinburgh, Fife ect ect!

968D8EC5-422B-4FEA-B668-E1DD578F62C4.thumb.png.9920a7ec3e7cae575e033203737a25ee.png373A03B5-16A0-45E1-A8D5-CA17399A9ACC.thumb.png.ed09aef9fc38a8942d2588dfafe25263.png

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 4

Posted

looking at the radar East wales area going up toward Liverpool has been getting some action

Posted
1 minute ago, JoeShmoe said:

lol at the TOORPing in the storms thread that we are nicking all their storms again

just wait till winter when we nick all their snaw..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Very breezy here but like an oven ootside back door. Reading 30.1c on the weather station  I'm willing to swap my tornado and/or storm for another nice day - any takers? I want 3 months of sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer
29 minutes ago, Tempest said:

Certainly not expecting anything here in Dumfries. Somewhere like Langholm and further East look far better suited. 

Looking at the radar there are some beefy storms around Lancaster and are heading almost due North

We topped out at 29c here. ‘Hot’ but would say I’ve had hotter here. I’m sure on my very unofficial sheltered thermometer I’ve had 30/30.5 before however still right up there.

The humidity is notable and I love it in the evening (as much as it’s hard to sleep in).  

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, mardatha said:

Very breezy here but like an oven ootside back door. Reading 30.1c on the weather station  I'm willing to swap my tornado and/or storm for another nice day - any takers? I want 3 months of sun

Had three months o sun last year, while it was gid, it was abit boring wae hee haw happening lol

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

This looks decent for Edinburgh/Kirkcaldy around about 19:00. (Radar prediction - obviously could be slightly East/West.

Lots of lightning showing currently on this.

3D9522D4-B016-465E-A24A-95388B584B02.thumb.png.830a84390dc56e019fbaa154f7dbe6f4.png

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
2 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

This looks decent for Edinburgh/Kirkcaldy around about 19:00. (Radar prediction - obviously could be slightly East/West.

Lots of lightning showing current on this.

3D9522D4-B016-465E-A24A-95388B584B02.thumb.png.830a84390dc56e019fbaa154f7dbe6f4.png

I am keeping an eye on it with more cells possibly trying to develop ahead of it 

• Like 3

Posted

Sky looks increasingly full of altocumulus.  A good sign.

• Like 2

Posted

ESTOFEX update

http://www.estofex.org/cgi-bin/polygon/showforecast.cgi?text=yes&fcstfile=2019072520_201907251638_0_mesoscalediscussion.xml

showforecast.cgi?lightningmap=yes&fcstfi 

Mesoscale Discussion
Valid: Thu 25 Jul 2019 16:00 to Thu 25 Jul 2019 20:00 UTC
Issued: Thu 25 Jul 2019 16:38
Forecaster: GROENEMEIJER

Across the Lake District, a complex of thunderstorms has developed within an environment of around 1500 J/kg MLCAPE and strong, around 20 m/s, 0-3 km wind shear, supportive of supercells. Thus, large hail will be a distinct threat. It is likely that the storms will produce strong outflow, given the deep boundary layer in place. In combination with the strong lower tropospheric shear, the risk of a forward propagating bow echo exists, which should be capable of producing a swath of damaging wind gusts.

• Like 4

Posted

I'm sitting at Gretna Green at the moment under the anvil from the Cumbria storms. Would not be surprised if it went supercelluar. Not sure I'll wait for it as it'll probably hit East of here but tempted.... 

20190725_174739.jpg

20190725_174731.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Big cells just fired west of here around Stirling on latest radar update 

• Like 3