Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Still flashing away to my east but that lot moving up from the south looks good 

5 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Silent with distant lightning here. Only a few drops of rain so far. Surely....

• Like 2

Posted

Bigger storm moving through with better bolts of lightning heavy rain hail and gusty winds 

• Like 3

Posted

It's still 23c in Prestwick, there must be a pretty good chance its going to beat the highest overnight minimum record! 

• Like 3

Posted

Wakes up.  Checks phone.  Checks radar.  Will it make it here?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Been asleep all night up until now so I think there’s probably not been any rain or storms through here. A check of the radar shows a big blob to the east covering most of East Central Scotland and the borders, looks like  being v heavy.

Been a couple of faint rumbles here in past 10 mins, the rain comes on periodically but not heavy. It’s mostly missing here although radar suggest some rain possibly developing over inland Ayrshire which could pass over here provided it doesn’t wishbone.

• Like 2

Posted

OMG WHAT A STORM, certain there will be bad flooding again, gutters overflowing frequent lightning loud thunder gusty winds, knackered now hopefully can get some sleep soon 

• Like 3

Posted

Rain yes but almost quite literaly dodged the main heaviest pulses although some places getting a battering so it seems

• Like 2

Posted

Think it's going to miss here...

Edited by howham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

not seen or heard anything at all.. 3rd time in a row we have missed out. roll on winter.

Posted

Passing to east and west.  Just rain this time for me.

• Like 2

Posted

Southerly gale  and pulses of heavy rain .Some lightning and thunder  about half an hour ago. Currently 20.5c. A very stormy morning for midsummer in complete contrast to 12 hours ago.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Quite the event down South.

@NorthernRab must be getting some decent thunderstorms at the moment.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

We had a fair bit of lightning  from 1.45 onwards but it really got going just after 2am and the rain only cleared after 5am.  Came from due south of me then circled round the hills to the west then came back again. Heavy heavy rain and gusty strong winds for a short time. Now warm but not humid, husband says 20C.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Don’t think it got below 20c here last night which if so would surely be a record

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and Thunderstorms

Gutted to have missed out in any exciting action last night and shattered from staying up so bloody late 

Hopefully the cloud breaks today 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
25 minutes ago, Huntforsnow said:

Gutted to have missed out in any exciting action last night and shattered from staying up so bloody late 

Hopefully the cloud breaks today 

Yes the squeaky bum time I had at 23:00 last night came true - really though it would all push a bit more North but it went more North East resulting in us missing out! (Glasgow also)

I am knackered as well - stayed up until 3:00 then had to get up at 6:00!

Bit gutted - especially seeing all the pictures/videos from England and Wales! Great photo from Blackpool!

96044C0B-CA65-4F71-9CB6-DC3D34CC62F9.thumb.png.a68ffcf1f33d4cf93a640d5fea2e1554.png

Ah well - always next time!

Tomorrow is going to be a proper scorcher! 27c here so I imagine further inland we could be looking at 30c and I see thunderstorms are mentioned again!

4D3AD64E-8E6A-40A5-813C-81960A05D0CC.thumb.png.cfd4d31fcd7a23119b48cb8fcc36083e.png

Quite a good chance of the hottest UK day in recorded history tomorrow!

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning all!

A bit of cloud around still to burn off (or not) after the fun and games for a couple of hours from 4am to around 6am of torrential rain and flash bangs.

Currently 20.4c.   Don't think it will get as high here as yesterday, but pleasant all the same. 

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 2

Posted

Tomorrow Southern and Eastern parts of Scotland main risk going by the Metoffice warnings - it’s widespread and locally intense! Great wording! Late evening/first part of the night as well.

I need to move!

3327C834-460C-4885-9ECA-46BD91B1F6B5.thumb.png.68cb8bf46e1dbe482311699d0582145c.png204A91E0-1789-441E-A2CC-491BF62DD6E2.thumb.png.533241b48184f0e4a46d64734f67b1cb.png

The storm thread is worth a look/browse - incredible pictures/videos posted in there.

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 2

Posted

in the end very little rain came from this first burst. Maybe tomorrow as Frosty just posted might do better for us

• Like 2

Posted

Looks like Embra and Fife are the new storm capital of the UK, another big one last night with torrential rain

Tomorrow late arvo could be really fun here as that cold front hits the heat ... 

• Like 3

Posted

As usual, the North Lanarkshire lightning shield worked perfectly deflecting everything further east.  Had the impression early in the night when I was checking the radar at half-time (was at Dumbarton for the Motherwell game) that things had begun to kick off that bit further east and that's what would happen - sure enough, the further west you were despite the forecasts the more zip you got.  Stayed awake until around 3 but it became pretty clear by then nothing was going to happen out this way. Our decent storm drought continues, now in it's 13th year though as it's my birthday tomorrow looks possible that something might at last deliver?

• Like 2

Posted

Well what a night that was (exhausted today) !! started just before 3am with a silent lightning flashes storm then a lovely view of a cell flashing away to my south then the big one at around 4:30 am. Lightning caused a fire after striking a house in Markinch https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/fife/941859/occupants-of-house-escape-injury-as-lightning-strike-sparks-blaze-in-fife-town/ 

I would love for everyone else to join in on the action too (honest)   not sure why here and Edinburgh have been hot spots the only thing I can think is possibly the firth of forth intensifying the storms somehow? @CatchMyDrift @mardatha you were very unlucky I was sure that storm would be delivering down your way and also for those further NE like @howham perhaps it was the timings as they were ahead of the models by around 3-4 hours so possibly the weakening of the CAPE happened sooner than expected, I think my forecast was 50/50 as the cells in the orange zone @Mr Frost tried to develop but as some of the models showed no organization of cells happened unfortunately possibly due to the trough being further east than modeled, but the red zone was not too far off the mark apart from timings and the NE extent. Tomorrow has some crazy storm potential but atmosphere likely to be capped until developments of a trough and position of that trough will be key but IF a surfaced based storm can develop I would not be surprised to see it develop into a supercell, I will do a forecast either tonight or tomorrow. nmm_uk1-6-35-0.thumb.png.9dae15c63c6b20d42648a0ee0fd085c1.png  nmm_uk1-28-35-0.thumb.png.a2f48bc0f767877280cb6572cf54b798.png. Now to start uploading my videos from last night which will probably take some time as some are quite long but I will post them when finished.  

• Like 6