Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Barely 30 mins ago I was snoozing with a book in the yard. Dire now, dark, wet and cooling off quickly. <Poooft> goes summer.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

30BBCFED-F79B-4A3F-8C3E-8C54D8A6B170.thumb.png.ddc9de8513e7754277db18f648825926.png68FBA9DE-B269-473E-A58D-14DBBBC2F44A.thumb.png.c2f24001863c9f01158c6a6090006787.png

It’s kicking off here!

@Mr FrostWhat's that a screenshot from cos it's doing better than the blitzortung crap on my phone that shows zippo between here and Oban.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
7 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

@Mr FrostWhat's that a screenshot from cos it's doing better than the blitzortung crap on my phone that shows zippo between here and Oban.

http://www.weatherpro.eu/home.html

Great for general weather but best when thunderstorms/snow are forecast - served me well during the Beast from the East last year!

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

I think you will take a direct hit @Mr Frost

I can hear distant long rumbles of thunder to my south west

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
14 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

I think you will take a direct hit @Mr Frost

I can hear distant long rumbles of thunder to my south west

It’s amazing! Constant now for 30 mins - torrential rain and hail also! The perfect way to end any hot spell! Best storms since May 2006! 

I could not be any more lucky with regards to the way it’s all moving through - hopefully some of you join in the fun shortly!

76B33BAA-46BB-4D3C-9135-0DC165E6B371.thumb.png.9ceb4859255217a86d7e4c52ca39db33.pngBFD789C0-0341-43EB-944F-D8A33606A88A.thumb.png.402db4354ff4efa555121eac930b7d05.png

Updated Metoffice warning as well! 

266DF548-8095-451F-9306-79A9AE36F629.thumb.png.c114aca22d5e107a86301440a97da0d8.pngB168838F-029B-4DDD-BAB3-1396AAFC6C8D.thumb.png.5ca0ef559c7e40eb7302ebf316df590d.png

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

It’s amazing! Constant now for 30 mins - torrential rain and hail also! The perfect way to end any hot spell! Best storms since May 2006! 

I could not be any more lucky with regards to the way it’s all moving through - hopefully some of you join in the fun shortly!

76B33BAA-46BB-4D3C-9135-0DC165E6B371.thumb.png.9ceb4859255217a86d7e4c52ca39db33.pngBFD789C0-0341-43EB-944F-D8A33606A88A.thumb.png.402db4354ff4efa555121eac930b7d05.png

Charge your phone before the power goes off!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Boom boom boom  

568144BD-8CF6-4261-B4DB-2FD19E40959E.thumb.jpeg.cf9a0f3ea2bed0ad4153f471c89ac0d3.jpeg 

• Like 4

Posted

Saw a nice cloud to ground strike close to the M77 while driving about half an hour ago.  Everything seems to have skipped past pretty quickly but it feels a lot cooler and at least the hay-fever sufferers will begin to get some relief! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Some loud rumbles of thunder in Glasgow and a wee bit of steady rain for a while. Brightened up here briefly with a gap in the cloud.

Radar suggesting where I am is probaby in the gap between the lines of precipitation. Seem to be traveling at the same angle as the line is tilted, so some places will get drenched whereas others will miss out entirely, possibly within a few miles of each other.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Some very heavy rain passed through Inverness an hour or so ago. Seems to be some lightning activity moving up the Great Glen now, hopefully the lochs can give it a wee boost! 

• Like 3

Posted

I was joking earlier when I said the storms would die out and form further east but it looks to be happening. (at least we saw something though) 

That storm near Biggar looks like a strong storm from the radar.. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Starting to get a bit grey and still here too now. Sparrows getting excited.

• Like 1

Posted

Just down the road from me earlier!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Been warm and muggy here all day but very little direct sunshine due to clouds. When the sun did get out though I'd to retreat into the garage as it was fierce. 

Took the first washing in not long ago and hung the second out, which should be the best way to gaurantee that the line of heavy rain, and possibly thunder(?), to my SW gets here. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Storm moving through here at the moment and possibly some building further south too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
13 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Storm moving through here at the moment and possibly some building further south too.

Can hear thunder in the distance. Hard to say from where but appears to be from my SouthWest towards Perth or North West Fife.

Edit. More now from theSouth but no nearer yet. Heavy rain has just started.

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero
11 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Missed us here. Nice and atmospheric with a few distance booms but nothing close and no heavy rain. Not sure why but when precipitation moves up from the south into our neck of the woods it often splits into two just before it gets here - happened again this afternoon with one half going west over Kinross, the other half going east over Freuchie.....and barely a graze in between.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
Just now, Benvironment said:

Missed us here. Nice and atmospheric with a few distance booms but nothing close and no heavy rain. Not sure why but when precipitation moves up from the south into our neck of the woods it often splits into two just before it gets here - happened again this afternoon with one half going west over Kinross, the other half going east over Freuchie.....and barely a graze in between.

deep rumbles just to my east in the forth, storms appear elevated so no structure ATM

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Flashes and rumbles here now one every minute or so and getting closer. 

EDIT: Flashes every 20 secs or so now and getting closer. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 2