Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and Thunderstorms

Anyone know the likelihood of showers/rain tomorrow afternoon in Dalry, Ayrshire? 

Various forecasts saying different thing but I see it will still be quite warm (but nothing like today) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
7 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

:oldlaugh: 

"Forecast profiles suggest any convection will be largely elevated, though the environment would be conducive to perhaps elevated supercells. Regardless, the magnitude of CAPE/shear and steep lapse rates suggests severe thunderstorms capable of producing very frequent lightning and hail 3-4cm in diameter will be possible. Should the plume destabilise earlier (as per some model guidance) then the risk would extend farther west to Cumbria / central southern Scotland etc, but current thinking is a slower destabilisation would favour later initialisation over North Sea coastal counties, before activity ultimately moves offshore and continues to grow upscale." 

I forgot to mention that last part earlier, will all depend on the timing of the front and the destabilization but I am still happy with my map and timings. 

• Like 4

Posted

Going to be a stuffy night still 20c here  the same temperature as it was this afternoon but now with a S wind instead of a north one . Really strange weather.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

24c yesterday and 25c today, not quite the 29c we got here last year but it's still been at the upper end of comfortable for me.16/17 next week sounds better...

Edited by Ross90
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
36 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

Going to be a stuffy night still 20c here  the same temperature as it was this afternoon but now with a S wind instead of a north one . Really strange weather.

Same here, almost. As the haar finally cleared late afternoon, the temp went up to about 21C and has only dropped to about 17C in the last hour or so.  We went out for a walk after tea; muggins thought he'd need a jacket as well as a fleece and shirt.  Carried them for 4 miles!  Lovely evening to be out, then drank a little wine on the grass before heading in. Bliss.

Where's @Blitzen- this is her sort of summer weather!

• Like 4

Posted

Not sure if this is accurate, but the forecast at Aberdeen Airport shows the possibility of a thunderstorm between 9am-12noon today. Doesn't sound right so soon in the day but I suppose anything is possible.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Interesting... 

78674148-6D8B-4199-8A81-8E120922492A.thumb.jpeg.136fa689c0cc28f2dc3afd36e0e41c1c.jpeg

895EEB5B-3277-45AD-83BE-102C2EF6645F.thumb.jpeg.fd386617f901cee0f7cb75e6718ebd93.jpeg

There is lots of lightning activity over N Ireland just now and it looks like it may head this way. My camera is charged and I am ready to go storm chasing if it makes it over here

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
1 hour ago, Stormeh said:

Interesting... 

78674148-6D8B-4199-8A81-8E120922492A.thumb.jpeg.136fa689c0cc28f2dc3afd36e0e41c1c.jpeg

895EEB5B-3277-45AD-83BE-102C2EF6645F.thumb.jpeg.fd386617f901cee0f7cb75e6718ebd93.jpeg

There is lots of lightning activity over N Ireland just now and it looks like it may head this way. My camera is charged and I am ready to go storm chasing if it makes it over here

Yaaaaasssss! This is looking good for here also and I’m in the thunderstorm warning area for once! 

Lets hope it delivers - very muggy just now at 19c.

0FCBE439-77DD-47DF-B4C8-E09FC51D4A12.thumb.png.ca194b690025518c898f16c0e8374eed.png

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 3

Posted

It’s looks like the storms are too far west to me and moving north? I think today is very unpredictable, so anything is possible

• Like 2

Posted

The sun's obviously went goodbye. Was uncertain about the breakdown today but more encouraged by forecasts now. Could FINALLY our stormless streak be broken

• Like 2

Posted

Very humid after a minimum of 18c overnight.Currently 23c feels very thundery now.I think it might be an interesting day.

• Like 5

Posted
9 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

Very humid after a minimum of 18c overnight.Currently 23c feels very thundery now.I think it might be an interesting day.

yes it it 25c here in nairn i looking forward to my 1st storm of the year if it all play out right 

• Like 2

Posted

Feels right for a few rumbles here.  Much warmer than previous days and some interesting clouds bubbling up.

• Like 2

Posted

Radar observing lightning & precip offshore between Aberdeen & Dundee. It's a few miles offshore, not sure of the direction of the cells (ie. will they stay offshore or move onto the coast somewhere). 

• Like 2

Posted

Got rain allover the place but it's mostly light....................for now does feel very very humid tho

• Like 2

Posted

The cells offshore E Scotland moved S-N offshore, still active now. Looked quite dark offshore but I didn't see any lightning or hear thunder, although no doubt it was there as there were some strikes plotted as they passed offshore Aberdeen.  

We're back to sunny/bright spells interspersed with cloudier interludes. 

• Like 2

Posted

22C, bit humid and more than 3/4 cloud but I wouldn't say it feels thundery. Just a bit muggy. 

(What's the point in heat with no sun? It's pointless, like rain at 1C.)

• Like 2

Posted

Plenty of storms out west, will they make it... Or will they just give drizzle in the west and reform for the east coast? 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Frost and Thunderstorms

Radar has been showing us as being under light rain off and on for last few hours but it's been dry.

• Like 3

Posted

Same here Ceitidh. The only moisture is the sweat dripping off my nose as I strim the bloody garden!

• Like 3

Posted

That muck heading up the great glen has arrived - occasional blobby splots. Also a couple of very distant rumbles. First thunder I've heard this year.

• Like 2

Posted

Big boom of thunder here

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

30BBCFED-F79B-4A3F-8C3E-8C54D8A6B170.thumb.png.ddc9de8513e7754277db18f648825926.png68FBA9DE-B269-473E-A58D-14DBBBC2F44A.thumb.png.c2f24001863c9f01158c6a6090006787.png

It’s kicking off here!

All moving directly over my house shortly.

5A740363-3ACB-4EF7-90B1-24E1E0E0F6AD.thumb.jpeg.f15681e6992425604cebb7edf8d3c1b3.jpeg

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 3