Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted

It's going to be a roaster today ☀️☀️

Unbroken sunshine since dawn and after quite a cool start (down to 6c going by the weather station) already up to 18.5c in light winds.

Such a change from the wet Monday where it never got above 11c.

• Like 5

Posted

Absolute crackerjack as Quinach said been sunny since the crack of dawn. Few very puffy clouds but won't spoil the day

Edited by NUT
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Wall to wall sunshine here too all morning. The North Sea keeping us a tad cooler at 16.9C. Feels much warmer than that though in the strong  

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Stunning day here. blue sky sun blazing away. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Through in Bishopton at the moment and it is proper roasting already! 

Looks as though parts of Scotland could be looking at highs of 26/27c! 

Temperatures are soaring! 

4A475F24-16B1-4855-B07F-F94C4DF64C17.thumb.png.b4c0b9861f5aebf7e24a114fd118560b.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
12 minutes ago, Arnie Pie said:

Some great photos taken from The North and good to see them posted..... @Huntforsnow I would say they were low latitude Noctilucent clouds......The fine lined structure and shine gives it away...a beauty

@Mr Frost ....This really looks to be the same Noctilucent cloud only caught in the post sunset red glow

If you zoom in you can see the fine lined structure of the cloud....and what a lovely back drop for you photo,,,another Beauty

imby......Clouded out... but with an eary glow to my to my N and NW

Many thanks for taking the time to reply - that’s incredible! 

Much appreciated! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Same as everyone else with cloudless skies and warm sunshine here too ☀️ tenor.gif

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Just home and caught up. North Berwick was hot out of the wind and bearable in it. But the folk coming off the boat trips looked kind of cauld

• Like 5

Posted

Fabulous day here too. Very dewy this morning so grass took a lng time to dry,weeded a bit of garden and soil still very damp..Currently 19c. Justwhat the farmer ordered.All plants in need of sunshine.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

First properly warm day of the year here, wall to wall sunshine.

Would fall into the ‘Very warm’ category. Sadly the sun hits my thermometer about 15:30 in peak summer so I cannot say what the absolute max was but it was reading 25c when I left at 1pm.

Car was consistently showing 27/28c so I would think 26c was reached.

Always do well here in an Easterly but no accurate weather stations cover us (Eskdalemuir is at significant altitude and 15/20 miles ENE), Carlisle probably the best. 

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 3

Posted

Just back in Gourock now.

26 degrees of pure Scottish Celsius!. It’s sizzling hot! 

8360DD7F-2D13-4921-BFED-F3E24BD4DE7C.thumb.png.77bce64d04297e73e227f9f8c6566d72.png

Looks even hotter tomorrow - Glasgow, Aviemore and numerous places in the Northwest Highlands might get close to 30c.

I would not mind some more of this in July and August! 

26c seems to be the max for Scotland today - not bad at all.

16E5CFB4-2798-40DE-A0ED-82C9262405AF.thumb.png.6b00f7c8f1735087c45b4bbb2f120111.png

Have a good night all!

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 2

Posted

The above was not the max temperature in the end...

• Like 2

Posted

No heat records were broken here, warm in the morning, around 18C, but a waft of cloud/fog ingressed from the north and north-east during the afternoon – then cleared - leaving a sunny 20C late afternoon and early evening. 

On the east coast earlier during the morning at Arbroath it was a mere 14C.

Now overcast, but still feeling mild-ish and humid.

Altogether it was a typical Scottish summer day.

• Like 3

Posted

Summer indeed, max of 23.5c this afternoon if I trust my thermometer.  Would have been higher if it weren't for some cloud that bubbled up in the early afternoon.

Dramatic change this evening with the haar quickly rolling in after 21:30 - making for quite a spooky sunset.  Temperature rapidly cooling in the process, 3c drop in just 30mins.

Snag_301aae9.thumb.png.a41d44ea92ffa457b51860586d770327.png

Snag_301d535.thumb.png.c00a4812d3bc2cd75ae699f9a35a9e40.png

• Like 7

Posted

Won't be a dawn to dusker today due to the fact the low cloud's just clearing now but should be another crackerjack of a afternoon. The last of this spell

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Yesterday was brilliant, barely a cloud after mid morning and up to 20C.

Different story today with haar and low cloud refusing to clear. Not been above 15C yet. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Forecast from me for tomorrow 

397347365_stormmap.thumb.png.01db908aeaed5241efd7d3d45f2dce8d.pngYellow = small risk 30-35 % of elevated thunderstorms 1pm - 4pm, Red = medium chance 50-60% of strong elevated storms (and or surfaced based storms, possible MCS) 7pm - 1am 

A front moving in from the west will engage with the MUCAPE although CIN levels are quite high in some areas which is why I have given a small risk for the yellow zone, however as the front moves further east high levels of both SBCAPE and MUCAPE will develop (again also high CIN values) but models indicate the CIN will be overcome and strong storms will develop in the red zone, I would expect hail, gusty winds and frequent lightning in these areas, I am unsure about tornado risks hopefully one of the more in depth storm forecasters will mention the chances of that in their forecasts.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Thanks @Kirkcaldy Weather

Keep us updated on the chances of thunderstorms tomorrow. I have the day to myself. The Mrs is away for the day with her mum and the kids are going to be staying overnight at my parents. I will be going fishing down the Ayrshire coast in the morning then if it’s looking good for some thunderstorms later on then I may take a wee drive east to see if I can see anything. Yes I am sad I know but I would do anything to see a good thunderstorm 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.
1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

Yesterday was brilliant, barely a cloud after mid morning and up to 20C.

Different story today with haar and low cloud refusing to clear. Not been above 15C yet. 

I can see low lying mist over parts of the coast but here and down in the city centre it's clear with blue skies - hovering around 21'C / 22'C. Wind direction looks set to change to a more southerly trajectory in the next few hours so maybe a nice evening to come? 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
10 minutes ago, NorthernRab said:

I can see low lying mist over parts of the coast but here and down in the city centre it's clear with blue skies - hovering around 21'C / 22'C. Wind direction looks set to change to a more southerly trajectory in the next few hours so maybe a nice evening to come? 

That would be nice!!!! The murk is patchy so every now and again the sun appears to tease us, then vanishes a few minutes later.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.
Just now, Hairy Celt said:

That would be nice!!!! The murk is patchy so every now and again the sun appears to tease us, then vanishes a few minutes later.

Temperature in Lossiemouth just rocketed with a change of wind direction, not sure if that's en error or not as I'd be amazed if the temperature went from 16'C to 27'C in a few hours with a change in wind direction!

• Like 5

Posted

Garden responding well002.thumb.JPG.943bd9e1ad32760b8561f4e3ec52c1be.JPG to three days of sunshine although a  very foggy start to today.     Currently 21c. Birds finally ignoring the feeders today

• Like 6

Posted

Another hot day here - 25c and barely a cloud in the sky!

Had a wee family day out - jumped on the ferry to Kilcreggan, Argyll and Bute. (Thirteen minute journey)

FCA92513-8B1A-4E15-B1BA-048E62761C7C.thumb.jpeg.e4b4160348b0f61681e99ce895820f0d.jpeg70508C55-92FF-423E-B833-A6EAC57460B3.thumb.jpeg.abbd50805f62a30ae40fc5c60866c0d0.jpeg8D60E300-C41C-4ABA-8544-9D6259FBBFC4.thumb.jpeg.cdf049b9cb16df73ad331372d186b8d3.jpeg

I see we had the hottest place in the UK today! 

Enjoy the rest of this wonderful weather everyone!

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 5