Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Supposed to go down the A7 to the BGH at half eleven, if it's as bad as they say then we can't go. One bloody day a year and it has to happen that day lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

I had a cracking day fishing down at Ardrossan with my son on my inflatable boat. It was really warm and humid and there was plenty of fish about 

65F2C808-098D-45BB-AB20-16D511C8DE4A.thumb.jpeg.76131d66ee09d653aa60dd203189577c.jpeg

4609FC29-1539-4D72-9AE7-700603B5576F.thumb.jpeg.874094be5e3b46710d93d7fe70181b57.jpeg

7018F94C-5F0E-4663-8F6A-5A16D2E8AB14.thumb.jpeg.0841325cf036e1091a42bbd2f646b8ce.jpeg

457698B6-0577-4DCF-A280-763CCAB642A4.thumb.jpeg.81c35992c8c8e956c8e8c03e61a95ade.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted

Interesting weather at the weekend across Scotland.  Left for Royal Highland Show at 5.00am on Saturday in  cool dry and sunny weather at home with temperature of 4c.Car lit up the frost warning at Carrbridge at 3c.

Stiill a good number of snow patches left on the Cairngorms in spite of the  very dry almost snowless winter.     The cool mostly northerly wind weather from the beginning of May must have helped to preserve them.

Fine cool breezy day at Show with warm sunny perods out of the wind

Left for home at midday today in  much more humid bright weather and arrived  home to a torrential shower and 15c. Must have been warmer last  night too as crops have jumped in 48hours neeps from both sowings can be seen up and down the drills and the first sowing can be seen across the drills

• Like 7

Posted

A most satisfactory weekend's weather here.

Max temperature both days just shy of 20c with plenty of hazy sunshine.  Just an annoying gusty wind in the early afternoon to blemish the scorecard.

Neb was streaming all day so the pollen count must have been high as well.

Weather changing quickly this evening with the hazy sunshine being chased away to the north to be replaced by plenty of low cloud rolling in.

Local rookery has had a good breeding season going by cacophony of noise outside the house this evening....

2090480186_Rooksonthemovelowres.thumb.jpg.188e8de66927d0a8efbf667ab598a74d.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

A bit sticky and uncomfortable last night and temp currently at15.5c, cloudy and light breeze. Looks like we'll miss the fun and games weather this week. Looks more like the east will get it whilst we get off lightly over here. Pity, could do with a guid thunderstorm to clear the air a bit! ⚡

• Like 4

Posted

Plenty of cells popping up over the south and south east. That one over Dumfries has lots of lightning activity.

D23568EF-CA65-4757-8601-F8676B595BC3.thumb.jpeg.5685333db72ceb6d65cc5cdb42e77df9.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Back to crap this morning, heavy rain since before my bleary post-Edinburgh eyes were open. Maybe it'll ease up this afternoon...

• Like 5

Posted

Dismal grey and wet morning.  Can only be mitigated if any of these storms roll up here this afternoon...

• Like 3

Posted

Thunder in north Edinburgh - huge cell about to pass west of the city over the airport. Too foggy to see any lightning though. Dreich.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
2 minutes ago, shuggee said:

Thunder in north Edinburgh - huge cell about to pass west of the city over the airport. Too foggy to see any lightning though. Dreich.

Yes heading my way soon and a smaller cell just to the east but unlikely I will be able to see anything due to the lower level cloud that the sea flow is bringing in, I witnessed a similar storm about 6 years ago with fog, very eerie.

• Like 4

Posted

Looks like these cells are breaking up as they hit us  but there some really cracking rain to the east though

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Thick luminous mist here and rain just got heavy.

• Like 3

Posted

I have heard a few rumbles to my south and now the rain is getting heavier.

• Like 3

Posted

Big rumble of thunder

• Like 4

Posted

More rumbles but I am frustratingly on the edge of the 2 cells / storms and the low cloud giving no chance of seeing structure.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and Thunderstorms

Rumbles of thunder and heavy rain in Beith 

• Like 3

Posted

Two consecutive large cells.  CG lightning and biblical rain.  Marvelous. Edinburgh not known for the electrical fun.

• Like 5

Posted

WOW what a storm! I have never seen rain that intense closest would be the July 2015 storm, went from nothing to gutters overflowing in seconds, almost certain there will be local flooding, also a definite wind shift in the middle so not sure if some rotation, I will try and upload vids to my YouTube later, I was right under the purple on radar, some lightning and gunshot thunder too.Screenshot_20190624_153019.thumb.jpg.eabd44dd224dc88cea4283850a41cd12.jpg

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 5

Posted
45 minutes ago, shuggee said:

Two consecutive large cells.  CG lightning and biblical rain.  Marvelous. Edinburgh not known for the electrical fun.

Yeah , I was out at gogarburn earlier near the airport and there were 2 storms not long after each other - was eerily dark as well !

• Like 4

Posted

Either something exploded or somebody moved something very loud  Sure it was a rumble though there's no real rain around in the area

• Like 5

Posted
Posted

And believe it or not we now have rain (albeit not thundery) surprised at how cool it is too how these storms in places have managed to erupt

Edited by NUT
  • Like 3