Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

I blame you lot. Yer all sending oot vibes to bring this stuff in !

• Like 2

Posted

Very very wet again today and this evening it is trying to dry up. The ground is now very soft,replacing a few posts this evening and its very easy to punch new holes for the posts by hand quite the opposite of last summer. Thunder rumbling away to the south over the Cairngorms and not cold at 14c just now

• Like 6

Posted

Don"t often see this in June but we have a very autumnal sunset with ground hugging mist everywhere this evening 003.thumb.JPG.8a070b4160b04e5d65dbe98f102c7043.JPG004.thumb.JPG.0f165478496e4c4c0fd35ece5134c156.JPG

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Last few days we've gone from splish splosh to paddle paddle to blub blub to quack quack. Sick of it. Some muppet got a jeep stuck on a field that he could barely walk over. My old faithful boots are leaking. Farmers over in Aberdeenshire (don't read this, NL) are using the rain as an excuse to sling all their farmyard muck into watercourses. Come on summer, let's 'aving yer.

• Like 3

Posted

The rain belt that was over my location Weds night and this morning moved north this afternoon leaving in it's wake a fine clear late afternoon and evening, quite mild too.

I've been out trying to get bat pics - unsucessfully - but managed to get a middle finger trapped in a slat on the patio table. It was freed with a loud painful snap! Currently- 11pm - sitting with hand in a bowl of ice.

• Like 1

Posted

A bright, morning with little wind and feeling quite warm in the sun, and a nice sky too.

sky2.thumb.jpg.287ecabd27ed808ed4d836c89d25b0e0.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Lovely day so far.  Blue skies with just a few clouds, current temperature 17c.  Only downer is that the SE wind is quite fresh - great drying weather though as a consequence.  

• Like 5

Posted

This is better! (apart from the ticks and flies and midges) nice sunny morning although heavy cloud building now. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Lovely afternoon, nice morning too actually. Was going to do some a trimming so thought, what with the sun being out and all, I'd better check for any bee swarms. Yep, found one on a low branch of the cherry tree near the hives so that's now been shaken into a small spare hive. So in the last couple of weeks that's 4 swarms from 2 original hives (well 3 originals but one was small so certain that's not been in on the act). 

Very little honey being produced, partly due to the swarms, mainly due to the #&*@ weather. 

• Like 6

Posted

Much better day than was promised on some forecast sites/phones. 17.7°C which we haven't reached for a while. Greenhouse window open. Heavy rain from 4pm....

• Like 4

Posted

At approx. 09:15 there's around 90% mainly high cloud cover with the sun 'trying' to break through, and a breeze from the N-ish keeping temp on the cool side.

I'm off shortly to Dunbar and Co'path.  Unfortunately, the forecast and radar seem rather grim for that area!

• Like 3

Posted

Some photos from yesterday below a small hill a few miles west of here. Lovely small sheltered glen with loads of history, I'm sure, just looking at all the odd bumps, lines and hollows in the ground.

Bugle flourishing among the rushes  bugle.thumb.jpg.12aff898b4ebdfadcdff4eff4f0abb97.jpg

The sky just as the cloud was starting to build in the middle of the day  sky.thumb.jpg.0d3c98e7bc48c99fbbb8ddafec45cc32.jpg

The way of all of us eventually....  alas.thumb.jpg.3c657fcf4f3c1633f95667b031c17684.jpg  (afternoon despondency after morning optimism)

Today is grey but bright so far; better than forecast anyway.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 6

Posted

I'm going to run out of box sets at this rate....

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Quite enjoyed the weather here today! 16 degrees, sunny intervals and plenty of heavy downpours moving through! (Makes a change from the persistent heavy rain that has been on and off for the past week!)

Looking West to Dunoon

8BF463AA-25A9-47FE-A298-318932C6BB27.thumb.jpeg.fa3073b5502a04b6d17cdd90b633d029.jpeg

South to hills behind Gourock 

BE40F504-14F6-4AAB-B4A7-1BB5029A1A3D.thumb.jpeg.5e51b6cd4c2388d7b8ab78266a068f0b.jpeg

North to Ben Lomond and Arrochar Alps

B11E6BC7-B21D-4A69-9246-100A14C35D51.thumb.jpeg.f40472d9865b80195cbe241d07293f8b.jpeg

Northwest to Creachan Mor

B39EBE72-26B4-4B8D-963F-7BAF233B0C20.thumb.jpeg.5c37090d4c8a74cff7393bd288b7ae81.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted

Actually didn't turn out too bad here today, certainly much better than forecast only a day or two ago. Stayed largely dry, just the odd pulse of lightish rain, and although it wasn't what you consider warm (low to mid teens) or sunny, it was pleasant enough. OK so it's June and I'm still wearing trackies and a sweatshirt whilst doing the garden but at least I spent most of the day doing the garden (and I didn't have to chase down any absconding bees so double bonus). 

Yesterday's swarm... 

62024478_2322339794689801_31949248059712 62355440_2322337188023395_55329716302942

• Like 7

Posted

Yes the Chernobyl drama was very good.Remember watching the  ordinary cloud coming in from the east and hoping it wouldn"t rain but it did over western  high ground areas so hill sheep were subject to restrictions for years. Mrs Northernlights was feeding Aurora Storm as a baby and hated drinking  the UHT milk that we stocked up on for six months.

,Fine start to day although misty and currently12c.Ground still not dry enough to finish sowing neeps.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 7

Posted

I'm sorry but we're doing a MT in this hoose. Def toys oot the pram mode and summer is finished.

• Like 3

Posted
5 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

It's a decent start in the far south-east but it is cool in the breeze:

20190609_081754.thumb.jpg.afbe0b9a5671c3940e2bd643836db6a4.jpg20190609_081135.thumb.jpg.138bb851b424f2bc17179f9de741f381.jpg

Summer isn't coming any time soon if the charts are correct, still plenty of time for some heat and thunderstorms.

@shuggee, if you haven't watched it yet watch Chernobyl on Sky. It is very gripping, morbidly fascinating at times, even if it is a dramatisation of real events. 

Oh yes. Have been gripped for the five weeks. 9.7 on IMDB - highest recorded. Truly harrowing, depressing, just awful. The music used for the reactor in the first two episodes is astonishing.

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, shuggee said:

Oh yes. Have been gripped for the five weeks. 9.7 on IMDB - highest recorded. Truly harrowing, depressing, just awful. The music used for the reactor in the first two episodes is astonishing.

Is it anywhere other than Sky?

Oh and it's raining. I'm doing a good impression of a paper bag, according to Ms HC who has put her coat on and is weeding. Actually I'm doing very important things. On the sofa.

• Like 4

Posted

Raining here too @Hairy Celt, much more than forecast and heavy at times. In between bursts I still managed to get a load of plants in the borders that I'd been growing on from plugs, and cleaned out the gutters that were overflowing when it rained heavily.

Sofa time now though. 

• Like 4

Posted

I seem to be doing a lot better than some on here, despite the moaning. I've got a big washing out and dried, and some gardening done.
Well more jungling really.Still sunny and the breeze has actually got warmer.

• Like 4

Posted

Right on the edge of a line of showers between the sea and the mountains so if we are very lucky  we  may get to sow some neeps again tomorrow as it appears so far that tomorrow shoud be dry above here. Curretly overcast and 15c so with no wind it does not feel cold.

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, mardatha said:

I seem to be doing a lot better than some on here, despite the moaning. I've got a big washing out and dried, and some gardening done.
Well more jungling really.Still sunny and the breeze has actually got warmer.

Bloody southerners, always moaning, even when they ADMIT IT'S WARM. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Now this is the way to start a new working week! 

C75F3E18-ECF1-4AE1-A340-18E19A37108F.thumb.jpeg.db7e06a2cafdf0b0e858b12ee6be5fd7.jpeg

Not seen a blue sky with no clouds in a good while - quite a warm day ahead as well.

1936CA8F-445B-40C4-9CF3-8E70E067DA3B.thumb.png.2938b950a480c564a08000898f1aa75d.png

5D14E073-AC4B-4C13-B813-B9CB0BF4FCDA.thumb.png.10d7de8279cd86f5f01063f24aae2144.png

Have a good week everyone! 

• Like 8

Posted

Another lovely morning - but dimmed by the football result last night Why does England have all the good weather and win all the games????

• Like 4