Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted

Managed to hit 15.3c around 1pm, not bad and feeling pleasant outside.

Now very overcast and spits of rain in the wind - was working in the garden and surprised how dry the soil is considering the amount of rain recently.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Youngest son's a falconer ciel. Just hasn't got a bird at the moment, but I'd love him to get one.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
14 hours ago, mardatha said:

Youngest son's a falconer ciel. Just hasn't got a bird at the moment, but I'd love him to get one.

Could he pay us a visit when he gets a bird, to deter the gulls from nesting all round here? Nothing but noise and mess from now till September. Sounds like Brexit!

• Like 3

Posted

It's a bright morning here with little wind. The early morning grass frost has gone and I'm hopeful that the temp, at present 8C,  will creep up during the day.

Re the Jackdaw nest, I'm afraid it will have to be a belt and braces approach with a long pole - numerous new sticks have been added this morning!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

There has been sporadic heavy showers in the last few hours near Kilmarnock, ...according to the Met office radar. Is this just anaprop or has the area actually had a few sharp ones?? 

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, matty40s said:

There has been sporadic heavy showers in the last few hours near Kilmarnock, ...according to the Met office radar. Is this just anaprop or has the area actually had a few sharp ones?? 

I think it’s just wind turbines causing radar interference as there are quite often bright blobs on the radar NE of Kilmarnock even on dry days, in the vicinity of the massive wind farm at Whitelee.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitelee_Wind_Farm

• Like 1

Posted

Just been woken up by the howling wind which has"nt let up since yesterday which along with an RH of 20% has led to a massive drying up of the ground . Surfaces are just dust everywhere .Started to sow a couple of days ago and we are now sowing into talcum powder quite bizarre. The dust storms were starting yesterday too. Currently 8c

Posted

I see it's windy up on top of the hills here NL, treetops waving like mad and also the clouds are flying past. It was quite mild here yesterday, best it's been so far. Weather station isn't very reliable but it shows 10C. I haven't been well but am hoping to poke my nose ootside today to get some fresh air and look at the garden. We have some daffs out now and the wallflower

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Ground still very dry in the East. North of Dundee in the Sidlaws today.

9FCD32D1-61FA-47EF-87D7-9EC8A1EF774C.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted

Seems very still this morning, no wind... 10C now and hazy sunshine.

Posted

Suddenly down to 2 layers in the sun today which makes a very pleasant change.  I put the bench out on the grass and sat and read for a bit :shok:. I'm forecast for a frost tonight though which will be a surprise if it happens - frost here after March is very rare.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Sat in our motorhome somewhere under the English Channel. On our way to Austria for our final snow fix of the winter, and if forecast is right we should even see some fall mid week. 

In the meantime,pisted this on my Facebook feed to wind some people up...

"Well that's us finally on our drive through France, Belgium and Germany on our way to Austria. Got a bit of a shock after driving off the Eurotunnel train. Heard an unusual knocking sound from the back of the motohome, which we had to pull over and check. We were stunned to find a family (mum, dad and 2 small kids) hiding in the garage. Turns out they were from Glasgow, trying to get to the EU prior to Brexit taking force. Handed them over to the French authorities, and they have claimed political asylum. Gendarme said it is an increasingly frequent occurance that is expected to get worse."

Oh and we're due back in UK on 12th Apr, which could be interesting. I wonder if May will be on 'meaningful vote' 7 by then? 

• Like 6

Posted

Stunning day, little wind and full sun. Down to a single shirt until the sun set, at which point it suddenly felt cold.

This   forsythia.thumb.jpg.8436727759fcd51082cebb7a6bb0a21e.jpg    looked wonderful catching the late afternoon sun.

Back to pish tomorrow. Perhaps today was spring 2019.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and Thunderstorms

Just had the biggest flash and loudest thunder I've heard in years in Beith Ayrshire!!

Heavy hail then it was drizzle then all power went out for a minute and BANG 

Most interesting thing the weather has done in a while

• Like 7

Posted

Dark, grey and drizzly earlier but cloud breaking at the moment. No appreciable wind, but cold at 3C and a smattering of snow on the hills.

1089369227_AprilSnow.thumb.jpg.08bf8adc736a3a7d6d0e1bf3231df580.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Frosty first thing (just shows I'm not always right). Now in a wood north of Alness - still cold and mostly sunny. Plenty of ladybirds and the chaffinches will not be quiet! 

• Like 6

Posted

Under a heavy either a hail or snow shower hard to tell as im on a bus but looking pretty white on grass and cars

It's hail and lots of it. Shower looks as if it's barely moved

Edited by NUT
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

@NUT cracking hail shower here too IMG_1144.thumb.JPG.138af483cc3a7a1a0710d72d200377ec.JPGIMG_1147.thumb.JPG.2623a4156acba32b3bc33ad5e427d6a2.JPGIMG_1148.thumb.JPG.3419eaac7c8aa9ce173c1b282108de19.JPGIMG_1150.thumb.JPG.188348ba74e65139ca9875bd6bf7b64b.JPGIMG_1151.thumb.JPG.ca843213c22da659a5ce9f5cbe919966.JPGIMG_1152.thumb.JPG.4fb6d095eca1bb581176a1efa03773ad.JPGIMG_1153.thumb.JPG.af906ba1a7ae0dc58126fab520c5adfb.JPGIMG_1154.thumb.JPG.0fe56f6b7b69334843e7c03c63d886aa.JPG showers in the distance earlier  IMG_1137.thumb.JPG.74ecfb5b5d20dcd6a3827fe440a5bfe8.JPG

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

So not a warning for eastern Scotland tonight/ tomorrow but a #WeatherAware 

• Like 4

Posted

Been bright sun up here since early on, but chilly. No wind thank god. Got a lot of snow forecast tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted

Aye, you can tell its the Easter School Holidays - winter returns  ❄️❄️

Overcast and cold in Alford with a max of 5C and snow on the hills to the west.  At least it was dry there in the afternoon - driving back towards Aberdeen hit the persistent rain at Tillyfourie.

Rest of the week looks wet, though the ground is needing some rain and I'm sure the local farmers will be glad at the timing as they looks to be finishing off the sowing.

• Like 1

Posted

Remained pretty dry here so far today. Pretty pleasant but some rumbles of thunder developing in the last hour or so.

• Like 1

Posted

Fascinating to be watching the cloud roll in from the east this afternoon.001.thumb.JPG.ff3b058cd1b42fcbc59b9b6bd8467c27.JPGCool at 6.5c

• Like 4

Posted

Hills above Tweedsmuir up over the Beef Tubs snowy this evening. Nothing lying down to my elevation yet other than flurries.

• Like 2