Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
11 minutes ago, JamesM said:

Showers coming through are now solidly snow from start to finish. Just need something a little more prolonged and it should readily lie.

Current lamppost shot.

IMG_5247.thumb.JPG.9ae7ee1bbe859f3252b0a7b4b72d79c2.JPG

M77 looks very snowy, looks good for Ayrshire (away from the coast) to end up with a covering of snow at least tonight given the radar. 

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Developing a covering on the cars, driveway, etc. Can't really see beyond that as only the garage light to go by, the rest is pitch black. Wind seems to have got stronger again by the sounds if it. Be disappointed now if I don't wake up to something white. 

• Like 6

Posted

Had a garage door issue which resulted in me being out there trying to fix it for about 2 hrs. We have had hail snow and thunder and lightning. Could have done without it tbh. White outside now. More incoming maybe. At least I got the door down.

780FEAC1-F545-49E5-BCF4-DFA474766D6F.jpeg

8187FC2E-3334-4C84-B2F4-565C092A941E.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted

Pelting it doon here now. Happy I got garage door down and back inside with hot bag. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Cold and getting windier out again. Must be bad out as competition from cats for space by the stove is strong.  At least the incessant sleet stopped so the moat is slowly draining.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

Good to see some have gotten some snaw...just a wee dusting here first thing the rest of the day has been wet and cold.

This cooler snap has come two months too late I still can't believe all the mild pish we've had since the turn of the year, one of the worst ever for snaw events.

• Like 4

Posted

Not a single shower making it through here now that the conditions are favourable for snow! Typical

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Morning all, was a great day yesterday with the best snaw of the year so far. great to see others getting some and great pictures too. i would have joined in all day but for some reason im restricted to a maximum of 10 posts a day before being blocked from posting what the **** is that all about? have a good summer all of you and see you all again in October when the hunt starts all over again. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Bright sun, 1C,  thin covering of lying snow here but it will melt in this sun.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Morning all!

Nae snow here on low ground but still a glorious view from the window!

6C5160FA-04F2-472D-A514-621138AC1092.thumb.jpeg.42bf11b85e6363a792d628dec0e39cfe.jpegA1DDD41E-7F3B-48E3-940E-03D32B8B7B24.thumb.jpeg.73fe852cfb56465ae84435c94a6f3139.jpeg

Great pictures again in here! See you all for the next chase!

• Like 9

Posted

'Scattered wintry showers' looks to be the order of the day, with some blue sky again. Much better! Lying snow here and the other side of the firth away from the shore and with a little altitude, although that will surely retreat uphill during the day.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

9.9 C and sunny here low overnight of 1.4 C, looks like the next event will be the wind with a couple of rounds of gusty conditions / gales anim_ykl0.thumb.gif.3c03038e7c80f660b1328c3db6b70fea.gif anim_eov7.thumb.gif.671350e533ebc0242fa50aaae7444bbb.gif 18-289UK.thumb.gif.3cbb8f12e4f68982a92d670e13233e75.gif  39-289UK.thumb.gif.0dcb430a6fd625ac0cca05f8c73ad107.gif 39-289PUK.thumb.gif.26e005568e4a0dea312c2bb01940e876.gif 42-289PUK.thumb.gif.34c95c69f088e86e69e2f3ec34dbd0e4.gif  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

A cm or two on the car this morning, although variable across the garden due to the wind. A fair bit more lying on the road going over the hill behind the house. Obviously caught the council out as there was no sign of the road having been ploughed or gritted like it usually is. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Horrible forecast for this postcode tomorrow, with wind hitting 52mph. Not happy as already have tiles missing off the roof..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Looks very interesting and stormy over the next couple of days, looking forward to it provided it stays within reason!

• Like 3

Posted

About an inch more fell last night and melted a bitty through the day, the impotent, spectacularly boring winter 18/19 continues to beg you to forget it. Moans aside it was very bonnie on the commute out west today with blue skies

D9FD5C1C-2AE5-43A5-B8C0-29B732188C16.thumb.jpeg.db83f0e5887ef19ac0372fd45ad77763.jpeg

0C1D3075-F5D7-4B43-A50D-8BC830E4E177.thumb.jpeg.9d9a588195b8b6bbebba7d5744464082.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
3 hours ago, mardatha said:

Horrible forecast for this postcode tomorrow, with wind hitting 52mph. Not happy as already have tiles missing off the roof..

Doesn't sound too good re the missing tiles, hope you can get that sorted.

Certainly getting gusty again tonight, then supposed to ease off in daylight and pick up tomorrow evening. What fun.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

Just had a look on the models thread it looks like the dreaded high pressure winter killer is set to return after this windy spell blows itself out.

Personally I want it to lash with rain from now to April and wash all the salt and muck off the roads...roll on the summer biking season..!!!

Edited by Klippie
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Looks really stormy tonight - gusts here will be approaching 60mph! Sea is quite rough already - should be some decent waves crashing in about 200 meters from my house which is always fun. (On a slight slope here so no flooding issues apart from the sea front/road beside it - video at the bottom of this page not taken by me of a storm in my street a few weeks after Hurricane Bawbag)

EC79B1D9-3409-41E3-A535-197362FCA019.thumb.png.f5f9e6024b7db5425c363ab00103ce99.png

157C3BD9-85D9-450E-ACED-9D7F8DC0844D.thumb.png.3559c4754e7d364f4d51f811f0b508ee.png

@101_North phone is on charge. 

Very squally hail showers rattling through just now - chance of thunder/lightning tonight as well. 

So quite a lively weather day/night ahead which I always enjoy! (As long as no-one gets hurt or property badly damaged of course!)

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 2

Posted

Very windy this afternoon with some violent gusts.Fair old wind chill too at 6c. Very tiring working out in that wind. Cows out to neeps then ran home to steading to ly on their fresh straw bed. 

Can never understand why people go to the hills on days like this but presume its because they only have this day off to go and can"t postpone it till the forecast is better.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero
5 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

Very windy this afternoon with some violent gusts.Fair old wind chill too at 6c. Very tiring working out in that wind. Cows out to neeps then ran home to steading to ly on their fresh straw bed. 

Can never understand why people go to the hills on days like this but presume its because they only have this day off to go and can"t pospone it till the forecast is better.

Very sad news from the Ben but yes I agree, as when I was younger I occasionally did exactly what you are suggesting and headed out in poor conditions. As ever it’s unwise to speculate about what might have happened but the forecast for north facing slopes today was severe to say the least. 

775319AB-4877-4FBE-8FC0-7088379DF607.png

• Like 1

Posted

May have angered the weather gods calling it boring, proper snow globe stuff out there (*edit, anyone know how to post a vid from your phone that’s not so huge!?)

Edited by Northern Strath
  • Like 3