Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

@bigsnow brilliant pictures mate! Good to see a West Ham fan as well! (I have family in London and they are huge fans - crap result yesterday though!)

@Polar Gael cracking pictures as well!

Crieff is the place to be today! Get the Christmas tree and decorations up guys! 

• Like 2

Posted
39 minutes ago, over_the_rainbow said:

Snaw on as @edo has said and we have a covering everywhere. But noticing that its not accumulating more now despite still snowing - which im guessing is as the dew points have upped slightly with the time of day? So think we won't be seeing much today really. However it is lovely to have seen some snaw falling prettily as its been a lean Winter on that front!

That’ll be the old wet bulb temperature to blame! 

There were a few wet flakes mixed in here earlier but plain rain now, 3c. Nice to see some snow pics! 

• Like 2

Posted

Here, there is a flat grey stratus sky producing  large snowflakes intermittent with fine cold drizzle/sleet, which is catching on the grass but not on the warmer stoney surfaces. 

After a (very) quick step outside, I reckon the temp to be + a few degrees and the surface breeze to emanate from the S or SE.

This wet stuff can cause quite severe disruption to power-cables etc.

:nonono:

• Like 3

Posted

Had a covering earlier but was too early to get both eyes open to operate phone for a pic. Now raining. Pretty poor for March. Normally delivers at some point. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Torrential rain here at the minute - can only imagine the surrounding hills are getting plastered with snow! Be good to actually see them once the low cloud has lifted! 

A standard Scottish Weather week ahead...

D3FE95BA-C28A-4F60-9806-4E05F5FA2068.thumb.png.de7158fcbc3571df03c692ce57d05414.png

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 5

Posted
4 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Torrential rain here at the minute - can only imagine the surrounding hills are getting plastered with snow! Be good to actually see them once the low cloud has lifted! 

A standard Scottish Weather week ahead...

D3FE95BA-C28A-4F60-9806-4E05F5FA2068.thumb.png.de7158fcbc3571df03c692ce57d05414.png

Do you ever charge your phone?

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

In the Cairngorms now with moderate snow blowing with around half inch cover. On way up to Glenshee then stopping night at Braemar, Will posts some pics later.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Getting windy again with some sharp gusts, spitting with rain and just a heavy grey sky. Jaffa cakesy I wrote jaffa cakesy! weather.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 2

Posted

The sun is out here now, 5c/3c. 

• Like 3

Posted

Temp up to 2.1/1.9°C now after a good inch of lying snow. Still coming down very heavily in showers and valley completely disappears in a fog of blowing snow, but blue sky between. 

Wish I had the forward planning of @mardatha and @snowyqueen to get the panic buying into the cupboard as now I have to go to the supermarket. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
46 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Getting windy again with some sharp gusts, spitting with rain and just a heavy grey sky. Jaffa cakesy I wrote jaffa cakesy! weather.

Steady rain now with occasional splats of sleet at 3C. My sort of weather. Not.

• Like 1

Posted

Heading up to Glenshee now. Some nice sunny spells so far but snow showers on there way looking at radar.

Edit- Snow just started.

IMG_20190310_134227.thumb.jpg.0ec14d688c17c2abbc3d24b879d9b563.jpgIMG_20190310_135010.thumb.jpg.27e15c1de43212773f58dd1274214698.jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Did it snow here in Kirkcaldy?  >DVPLQzpXcAASFEO.jpg some flakes were mixing in but it was hardly worth calling it wet snow or even sleet  currently 3.8 C / DP 2.0 C and another shower of rain moving in. 

4 hours ago, 101_North said:

Typical frontal situation here to be fair. Very rarely delivers and I'm annoyed at myself for thinking it might

Yes give me a kind reminder next time to not get my hopes up that way I can avoid the disappointment of seeing the ground being wet rather than white :oldgood:

2 hours ago, 101_North said:

Drizzly, grey, damp, cold pish! Had enough now

❌ ❄️ ?️  :wallbash:

Good to see that some places did get snow and loving all the snowy pics :oldgrin:

• Like 4

Posted

Blizzard conditions here now in Braemar with the mountains white out.

• Like 5

Posted

A bit of blue sky in the middle of the day but a very stormy looking sky  started to roll in from the west about an hour ago so its now very windy and dark with bursts of wet  snow at 3c.

Sky to the south and west just looks full of snow.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Been showing here for about the last 15 to 20 mins, big, slow, deliberate flakes. Not really lying though despite our higher altitude. Feels bitter the few times I've ventured out to the garage, so I wasn't hanging about.

• Like 3

Posted

Radar showing lots of snow round us. There are pulses of snow coming through on a strong WNW wind at 1c.Starting to stick on the grass.

• Like 4

Posted

Showers have finally turned to proper snow here now. Too little too late or maybe it'll start to settle?

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 4

Posted

Moderate snow continues here at Braemar for the past 3 hours.

IMG_20190310_175050.thumb.jpg.3d7d4556f0d26e60e191be0c892f4c41.jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 7

Posted

0.4°C and heavy snow for !last hour. Everything lovely and covered, even between the cottage and garage that's basically a quagmire.

Best snow of the winter (in spring!). Morning gonna be interesting.

• Like 8

Posted

Showers coming through are now solidly snow from start to finish. Just need something a little more prolonged and it should readily lie.

Current lamppost shot.

IMG_5247.thumb.JPG.9ae7ee1bbe859f3252b0a7b4b72d79c2.JPG

Edited by JamesM
  • Like 7