Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Back to Sun here, just a passing shower. Feels absolutely bitter in the wind though. 

Whatever happens its looking like I'll get an end of season snow fix. Booked a campsite in Solden, Austria this morning for first week in April, taking the motorhome over. Euro tunnel was booked a few weeks ago but just decided this morning to head to Austria rather than France. Lots of driving but we've done it before and it's worth it. 

• Like 5

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Back to Sun here, just a passing shower. Feels absolutely bitter in the wind though. 

Whatever happens its looking like I'll get an end of season snow fix. Booked a campsite in Solden, Austria this morning for first week in April, taking the motorhome over. Euro tunnel was booked a few weeks ago but just decided this morning to head to Austria rather than France. Lots of driving but we've done it before and it's worth it. 

Are you prepared for a possible no deal brexit, Ravelin?.....health insurance, green card, international driving licence etc.

Edited by ciel
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
3 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Just saying but it wouldn't be much of a detour to pick me up on the way down the road. I can drive ;)

How big's the camper? Any more room? I can drive and cook!

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, ciel said:

Are you prepared for a possible no deal brexit, Ravelin?...

If he is, maybe he could give Mrs May and her merry band of rogues some hints

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

I've got some hints I'd like to give them. Two of them are a guillotine and my knitting.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Hi all

Hail shower passing through just now. I see there is warnings for tomorrow for snow and ice. Hopefully some of us can see something on what has been a poor winter we just had.

• Like 3

Posted
27 minutes ago, mardatha said:

I've got some hints I'd like to give them. Two of them are a guillotine and my knitting.

Off-topic post of the year :oldlaugh:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Now now, cooking and driving is dangerous

Plenty of snow on cars driving around Kilmarnock after the last sleet/snow shower. 

• Like 4

Posted

Sleet in the shower that just passed through here who would have thought it after a week and a half ago

• Like 2

Posted

Some passing flakes just now.A real chill to the wind as well.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

9.5 C / DP 0.6 C sunny with showers missing here ATM

5 hours ago, mistyqueen said:

Oops! Better rush off tae the Co-op and buy a dozen loaves and forty pints o' milk. Three snowflakes have just floated past my window. Where's my snow shovel? ❄❄❄

right everyone gear up and pick what snaw shovel yer wantin snow-shovels-testing-batch-lowres-.jpg  I will take the yellow one 4th in from the left, somebody like @shuggee or @mardatha might need the yellow one in the middle :oldgrin:

1 hour ago, Stormeh said:

Hi all

Hail shower passing through just now. I see there is warnings for tomorrow for snow and ice. Hopefully some of us can see something on what has been a poor winter we just had.

Think somebody at the met office is having a laugh with the snow warning for tomorrow IMG_E0951.thumb.JPG.f44b354b873be918a89e5b5b96d13ef2.JPG is it like goal line technology in football, all of my house needs to be over the line for me to be in the warning? :oldrofl:

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Perth and Kinross yellow snaw warning!! @edo get ya shovel ready @Polar Gael get ready for one last snaw fix. bring the snaw.

• Like 2

Posted

Unfortunately the latest updates are showing slightly warmer uppers tonight and tomorrow, therefore I think it's safe to say that it's unlikely that Edinburgh will be seeing any snow, not dry at least. 

Maybe some sleet mixed in with the heaviest showers. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

@edinburgh_1992 I think the main action will be tomorrow as that small low / fronts move into the colder air ?️ anim_brr4.thumb.gif.c2c09635c4f1dae48d1ba5c69f8d419f.gifanim_qah5.thumb.gif.937d09c777b5f370a198d4a2b1823cc4.gifanim_ywn1.thumb.gif.894edb9fbec4b7e68e7b7ff8d7e1c79c.gifanim_utk7.thumb.gif.ed1c307b0dc68eadb13d16f8b7096dbe.gif30-574UK.thumb.gif.2262a4261468dff44f92276d198c0b2b.gif30-574PUK.thumb.gif.439fe200998cfbe0cb74bfaa445072af.gif33-574PUK.thumb.gif.98b0a9bad2cb914f20150cce0305b7fc.gifanim_zeg4.thumb.gif.1c4616dfaf5bc4006a61b853f128d121.gif       20190309.1030.PPVE89.png 20190309.0511.PPVG89.png get the feeling it could be one of those events where quite a few areas get caught out due to the snow but we will wait and see, I will be happy with more than the dusting I got during the whole of winter.

• Like 6

Posted

Me wet baws are far too warm - still barely sleety here.  A fair shout would in fact be 'rain'.

edit: with a bit of intensity it turns to sleety snow that melt instantly on landing. :wallbash:

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.
1 hour ago, bigsnow said:

Perth and Kinross yellow snaw warning!! @edo get ya shovel ready @Polar Gael get ready for one last snaw fix. bring the snaw.

:oldgood: 'Mon the snaw!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
7 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Just saying but it wouldn't be much of a detour to pick me up on the way down the road. I can drive ;)

Hmmm....

7 hours ago, ciel said:

Are you prepared for a possible no deal brexit, Ravelin?.....health insurance, green card, international driving licence etc.

Yep, both of us have now picked up an IDP, Green Card we'll get sorted this week (insurance company say they'll issue no more than 21 days in advance), annual travel insurance purchased, EHIC cards still in date, if they are of any use. Probably wont need most of that unless there's a 'no deal' Brexit, but do I trust May and the clowns at Westminster to not f'it all up....no I damn well don't.

6 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Hmmmm....wife says she likes the sound of the cooking bit. Sorry Catch. Would probably be the first motorhome trip with a private chef on board.

Some heavy, blustery, wintry showers zipping through here today,but not leaving anything white lying. Still nice to be reminded that it's still winter though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Latest shower very sleety with some wet snaw mixed in. Currently 4.3C/-3C.

• Like 2

Posted

Hey all

Not expecting anything here... by my reckoning this is one of the worst winters for snow in the past 10 or so years... I can remember one year without a single day of lying snow, but I'm only at 5 this winter so far, and 3 of those were blink and you miss em dustings! 

Oh well Fingers crossed there is some white stuff for some! 

Tim

• Like 3

Posted

Had a couple of beefy snow showers here during the afternoon. Laid very temporarily on grass. Chickens and cat unhappy.

• Like 6

Posted

Snowing just now at 1.5c with a little sticking to the grass. Bit surreal today shifting wintering sheep to a  fresh field with a couple of inches of new grass growth. Not looking at neeps that we have put out for them.

• Like 7

Posted

It's been a fine sunny day today. Most of the eastward bound showers fizzled out before reaching here.

Just been out to collect a few logs for the fire, the wind has dropped and the stars are out.

If only there was a good aurora forecast for tonight.:oldrolleyes:

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Been over at Strontian this afternoon then over to Maror beach and back along the main road to Fort William. Very windy last night up at Glencoe with snow showers most of the night. Currently parked at Ben Nevis North face carpark for the night waiting for the snow to arrive, Then off to the Cairngorms tomorrow.

IMG_20190309_160821.thumb.jpg.f6ccaa218f8553bdc0df0e5bc9345c34.jpgIMG_20190309_122453.thumb.jpg.0ea7e37078ab802e862b1623c08f9d6d.jpg

• Like 8