Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted

Quite a day all round, but I didn’t realise it was this mild! Wish I’d been in Altnaharra! 

42D266FA-0CC1-4591-A912-1A6713524570.png

Edited by Hawesy
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
46 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Quite a day all round, but I didn’t realise it was this mild! Wish I’d been in Altnaharra! 

42D266FA-0CC1-4591-A912-1A6713524570.png

looks like the official high temp for Altnaharra today was 16.4 C https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/gfkgdgj2j  https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/daily-top-20/maxt on the Altnaharra wiki page it says the record high for February is / was 13.6 C but I am not sure how up to date / correct that is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altnaharra 

edit - yes the record was broken 

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Aboyne, Scotland, 450ft Altitude (edge of Cairngorms)
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny summers. Cold snowy or sunny winters.
  • Location: Aboyne, Scotland, 450ft Altitude (edge of Cairngorms)

18+degC at home this afternoon. Scottish record broken. Only seems like a few days since the last of the large snowman in the back garden melted. Enjoying the early warmth while we have it. Not removing the winter wheels yet though. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

No wind here yet and there was another colourful sunrise. Looks like a bit of a nothing day coming up so just as well I have plenty to keep me from writing mischief. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Not far off equaling yesterdays high of 14.6 C here with today's high so far 14.4 C, currently 13.2 C and pressure 1029.74 hPa with cloudy skies 

still hoping that something like this can develop during March and provide something of a more wintry flavour

anim_zdi7.thumb.gif.5ecd8183615f567fac565fe114c837f9.gifgens-5-1-360.thumb.png.6f7304409ddab65b7029f14767c22ee2.pnggens-7-1-312.thumb.png.3b639faafcd92693d60bc46abe93fbcb.pnggensnh-1-1-384.thumb.png.fd445504afb6a12e430e301fb2c48802.pnggens-15-1-300.thumb.png.878e5fccba386652b5ce96e00312246b.pnggens-15-1-348.thumb.png.a0ddb6d982327af21ca633093644a0e0.png     

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

It's shorts and short sleeves for me today. Very warm. Hope it won't last long and I'm back in my thermals early March. Still a good 8 weeks left for us to see some action. Mon the Snaw come back we miss you..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

It's the 22nd of February. Someone has broken the weather.

Hope this isnae our summer...

IMG_20190222_1359289.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

Models have been consistently showing a low jet stream in the long term. If that does indeed develop, then we could see a return to more wintry conditions with snow and sleet down to low levels at times, but mainly in western areas. 

Should the jet stream stay high, then no snow and lots of rain for the whole of Scotland. 

An initial south-westerly mild and wet spell as the HP collapses, followed by cooler W-NW currents (with chances for snow) seems to be the most likely scenario at the moment.

Personally I can't see any beasts from the east this year, but winter may not be over

Edited by edinburgh_1992
  • Like 3

Posted

Balmy gain today in NE Fife, 15c at Leuchars in very light winds. Last few days of meteorological winter look certain to remain mild....then we’ll see what spring brings!

• Like 5

Posted

Just been outside and it is still very windy  also amazingly warm at 14.5c.

Because of the wind passenger aircraft are coming right over us to land at Inverness  airport nearly every half hour a big diffrence from my chilhood when it  was  only the odd  military aircraft primarily the Shackletons from Kinloss.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

It's suddenly gone very spookily quiet. Have you all been wiped oot by a tornado that missed me?

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, mardatha said:

It's suddenly gone very spookily quiet. Have you all been wiped oot by a tornado that missed me?

We just died of boredom...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I don't mind a heatwave - but I havent even got that! I've got cloudy with hazy sunshine. Which I suppose is better than horizontal sleet..

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, mardatha said:

I don't mind a heatwave - but I havent even got that! I've got cloudy with hazy sunshine. Which I suppose is better than horizontal sleet..

Yeah. We have mildiness. 'Pint of mild please' - you don't hear that any more! The chances of anything wintry appear to have vanished till May.

• Like 4

Posted

Yes a very mild night but we still have the wind which has howled round the house all night. Not easy to sleep never thought I would say that in February. Currently  13.5c

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Lovely sunrise today from the kitchen window.

C12FB80E-D801-4BEA-983D-5E8926984CCF.thumb.png.bcc23044128bb566a90a63c9c1c2583e.png

Travelling to Aviemore later for a few days - great weather for it! (Would have preferred snow!!!! ☹️)

Have a good weekend all. ☀️

• Like 4

Posted

O god Catch stoppit. I think I#'m goin to cry now. I want something warmer than here. Getting old and past it!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

I saw a Met Office tweet stating that there was a 17C difference between Altbea at 16C this morning and Usk, South Wales at -1C. Same report stated that Parts of NW Scotland did not go down below 14C last night.

Here is the link. 

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

If I win the jackpot on the lottery tonight I will give you a holiday to Italy, it's awesome. Not that I will win

Bank.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

If I win the jackpot on the lottery tonight I will give you a holiday to Italy, it's awesome. Not that I will win

If I win the jackpot, I'll move back north and inject some cash into Inverness Caley Thistle...Not that I actually play the lottery!

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Mr Frost said:

Lovely sunrise today from the kitchen window.

C12FB80E-D801-4BEA-983D-5E8926984CCF.thumb.png.bcc23044128bb566a90a63c9c1c2583e.png

Travelling to Aviemore later for a few days - great weather for it! (Would have preferred snow!!!! ☹️)

Have a good weekend all. ☀️

You may find a patch or two?

Whether sledging or sandcastles - hope you have a good break.

• Like 1