Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Tay bridge has been closed to all but cars for some time now. Means +60mph gusts continuing.

• Like 1

Posted
6 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Definitely a problem for us, it's ridiculous and my comment was very tongue in cheek. We need a complete overhaul of how we do sport in this country as the weather is a huge hurdle. I can remember getting sent out to play rugby on a pitch that was more puddle than grass as a kid, it doesn't teach anyone anything, except resentment

Our boys are on winter break which means no games for 3 months. Utterly ridiculous. SYFA say no outdoor games at all! 

• Like 2

Posted

Windy out there at the moment but mild at 7c!

Alas there is a lot of cloud cover.  In the few gaps in the cloud cover to the north there are some very tantalising glimpses of the aurora - looks like a strong show for the lucky ones with a clear view.

Edited by Quinach
  • Like 5

Posted

Next week looks increasingly mild, only downside is that it could stay quite grey at times. Mainly dry in the east, but possible rain on Tuesday. 

Nobody knows what will happen after. We see blocking on one run and then flattening on the next. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Stay away from the cold hunt thread.... wow its bad in there this morning. sea ice melting no its not oh yes it is. global warming this global warming that, missing scientists, nasa this and that. 

• Like 1

Just went and checked the Met Office stations and those uploading to Weather Underground as well the highest gusts from Friday and Saturday morning from around Scotland,

Gilmilnscroft Catrine 82mph
Loch Carrie 75mph
Dundrennan 74mph
Fleet Bay Solway Firth 73mph
Sannox Isle of Arran 69mph
Forth Bridge 66mph
Lower Milovaig Isle of Skye 65mph
Isle of Barra 64mph
Letham Shank Farm Berwick-upon-Tweed 64mph
Giffnock Glasgow 64mph
West Freugh 63mph
Prestwick Airport 62mph
Charterhall 60mph
Kingsbarns Fife 60mph
Tiree Airport 59mph
Loch Glacarnoch 59mph
Maybole 58mph
Aboyne 57mph
Campbeltown 57mph
Glasgow Airport 56mph
Leuchars 55mph
Eskdalemuir 55mph
Bunessan Isle of Mull 55mph

Edited by Zenarcher
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
3 hours ago, bigsnow said:

Stay away from the cold hunt thread.... wow its bad in there this morning. sea ice melting no its not oh yes it is. global warming this global warming that, missing scientists, nasa this and that. 

yes i think "cold hunt" is actually rhyming slang for what most of them in there are which is a "daft " 

Posted

Radar starting to look interesting for a few in here tonight. a big blob coming into the borders could this turn to snaw? also see some snaw showers across other areas as well.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, bigsnow said:

Radar starting to look interesting for a few in here tonight. a big blob coming into the borders could this turn to snaw? also see some snaw showers across other areas as well.

2.4/1°C and we've had some "sleetyness" so far.... Not holding my breath.

• Like 2

Posted

Still a bit breezy but the last two days have been tiring outside with very strong winds and squally showers of rain making the surface very muddy. Currently 4c.

• Like 2

Posted

Wow the " daft c**t" thread has really gone to pot tonight. it was a good idea to start with but the petty squabbling and gfuqhgfpjhing in there is just beyond words.. and im still unable to post in there for what i dont know yet so many in there are at it all day long yet seem to be able to just continue. its the mods i feel sorry for having to deal with that kind of school yard crap day in day out, if they aint gfuqhgfpjhing about the lack of cold they are gfuqhgfpjhing about who is getting snaw and how much or failing that its uppers and breakdowns, i personally think that most in there are on the verge of a breakdown and all coz they aint seen a flake all winter...

Posted
49 minutes ago, mistyqueen said:

Dornie hotel gets full marks and a gold star from me,

What a nightmarish journey, mq. I had a wee car 'incident' around 10 days ago in ice and snow, but Green Flag refused to attend. Fortunately the car was driveable and a local ( Somerset ) gardner managed to sort the bit that was hanging off.:oldmellow:

I agree, the Dornie Hotel is a great friendly place for a stop-over.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

Did anyone think that Brexit would let us escape the Euroslug? Nah, thought not.

Bloody snowmoaners, forever trying 'thwart' Snexit...In the words of Uncle Nige: Moaning! Whinging! Whining!

• Like 1

Posted

Something quite sleety passed through overnight and then froze. Thick ice on everything this morning. 

Now sun, no wind and feels quite spring like. 

• Like 2

Posted

cant even reply to a sticky note.... yet the mountain thread is full of off topic crap so much utter crap and play ground crap yet they all just seem to be able to get away with it all the time, so why do i bother?? it does seem to me that some members get better treated than others.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 minute ago, bigsnow said:

cant even reply to a sticky note.... yet the mountain thread is full of off topic crap so much utter crap and play ground crap yet they all just seem to be able to get away with it all the time, so why do i bother?? it does seem to me that some members get better treated than others.

Your post was automatically hidden because of it's vile content. I also ask the same question as you, why do you bother?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
7 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Your post was automatically hidden because of it's vile content. I also ask the same question as you, why do you bother?

'Vile content'? Gosh. You mean like is already spattered randomly all over the internet?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
39 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

If it was the post I'm thinking of there was nothing vile about it. Pretty standard chat in Scotland. 

Posted

Not going to amount to a great deal but heavy snow on here just now, still got a lot of the old cover with some areas a real compacted icy mix of slide on your erse. Cold start this morn, nice to see the hard frost return after a dose of the wet and windy mince 

• Like 4