Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero
2 hours ago, Northern Strath said:

Great on the trail up Fyrish today. Another cold one tonight, -9.6c currently 

54A0FD30-C031-44F9-A8EC-655907D0D510.thumb.jpeg.d65d3aa1178b8a17980c317f75503cbb.jpeg

D82A138E-F411-4CED-8CE2-3C167C59AFA8.thumb.jpeg.904853aad6fea8c31bcd75d4d062469f.jpeg

F0718AE1-ABC6-43BB-822A-B9E47002FE65.thumb.jpeg.d19873d09a3708911bdf6b52b9bcdc87.jpeg

8775827C-EE4F-4922-869A-7B6195DFFF24.thumb.jpeg.88b70a6445e1445d75a328e108c14c19.jpeg

9364D3B4-ABDC-47BF-A7DE-DE235833F4B3.thumb.jpeg.2c3afcde4447ada6239858992eb21ff7.jpeg

0D68B177-9FB9-473D-A05E-E07E2308EB0F.thumb.jpeg.674ca72ea7b572570988105fd9aefcb0.jpeg

Looks like PROPER winter up there. The only time I've been up Fyrish was on a Mothers' Day I think, with blue skies and sunshine and it was utterly utterly mobbed. I had no idea it was so popular locally  Beautiful spot.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/47006603

Dunno if you have seen this.   It is a good user friendly explanation of how a SSW works.

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Posted

Got down to -6c briefly last night around midnight but had risen to -1c just an hour later!!! Currently 1c with what I expect to be rain pushing it. Could be quite icy as that falls on a very cold ground!

Not a memorable cold spell by any means but I'll take some cracking low temps, frost's and a wee covering of snow again and again over what we have to look forward to this week - bit of rain and a lot milder

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 6

Posted

It's been a frustrating winter so far. I was really looking forward to it with the back ground signals and some of the long range models indicating an interesting winter but we just don't seem to have had the breaks. Plenty of time yet (and the photo attached is from April last year) but it would have been great to have had a severe cold spell in the depths of winter for a change.

image.thumb.jpeg.db21ebdaf6f7631e64b6af52d5015e98.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted

Snaw turned back to rain and tomorrow's snow warning has been cancelled and moved north of the central belt. That's the cold spell finished here! 

Posted
10 hours ago, Benvironment said:

Looks like PROPER winter up there. The only time I've been up Fyrish was on a Mothers' Day I think, with blue skies and sunshine and it was utterly utterly mobbed. I had no idea it was so popular locally  Beautiful spot.

Aye very popular Ben, also very busy yesterday but got to meet lots of very happy dogs in the process which is always good. Very much winter, snow piling up in some interesting fashions. Fife looking great btw

Wind picking up a bitty here, some fleeting wee snow bits blowing about occasionally but nothing of note 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
32 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Snowing here

i was typing what the actual

then looked out and snowing here

i despise snow to rain though unless you get a lot of hours of it that allows play and sledging before the turn. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Snowing here. Mr Snowidea off doing Falkirk ultra-marathon - fool. I'm sitting toasty inside with the kids hoping we might get some snow fun before it all goes again. 

Edit - looks like rain now

Edited by snowidea
  • Like 5

Posted
5 minutes ago, edo said:

i was typing what the actual

then looked out and snowing here

i despise snow to rain though unless you get a lot of hours of it that allows play and sledging before the turn. 

Didn't last long, dry again now with a thinning front. If nothing else we'll escape the worst of the potential rain when it arrives. Temp still 1c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

3C and partly sunny. Meh. Radar showed a band of snow going over recently, well it flipping well didn't :unsure2: (Ok so it was no big surprise...)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

dont know whether to laugh or cry seeing this at the very end of what could well be last cold spell of winter (hopefully not) 

20190203_100749.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Light snow just started here in the last few minutes. Temperature has risen though and is up to +0.2C.

• Like 6

Posted

Meh! Has turned quickly to a sleety mess! Ah well. Hopefully we'll get another shot in the next 2 months!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Only got down to -2.3c overnight here and after climbing steadily, we are now sitting at 1.9c.   Pic looks as if there could be some sleety stuff coming through, but looks as if I'm destined for rain.

Edit:- Snowing heavily now but won't last long!

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 3

Posted

Started as heavy snow and gave a very respectable fresh covering. Now turned to heavy rain.

• Like 1