Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted

21 minutes ago, mardatha said:

Minus 6 here now. Been baltic all day.

A Mediterranean -3C here on the hill. Mysteriously cloudy mind.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

It's been a brilliant day today, full sun and barely any wind. Unfortunately my day was with joiners, carpet fitters and estate agents so I got as far as the high street for 10 woodbines a loaf of bread and that was it. Tomorrow will be similar... it had better be ok at the weekend!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

-5 here in Falkirk according to the car. Had to scrape window for drive home after just 2 hours of car being parked while I was at pottery class.

My sister down in sunny Cornwall is stranded somewhere near Bodmin (she lives in the back of beyond) while my poor old mum is worried sick in snow free St Ives. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

watching the bbc weather for the week ahead i was mostly struck by the massive cold pool to our east that just seemed to be edging slightly west towards us, and the forecaster finished off with "cold air never far away so stayed tuned" 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

-5.8C this morning was my lowest of the Winter but tonight has already reached -5.7C so I think that record will go. Max was -2.1C so third ice day of the Winter (both previous had maxima of -0.1C). Must be getting pretty cold inland now.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

compared to others in here a tropical -1.8 / -2.8 C here ATM :oldlaugh:

nice looking streamer setting up down toward Newcastle on the radar (probably a bit of a better Easterly flow helping them out), hoping to see some showers start developing in the north sea off the Fife coast but we will wait and see what happens

8 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

watching the bbc weather for the week ahead i was mostly struck by the massive cold pool to our east that just seemed to be edging slightly west towards us, and the forecaster finished off with "cold air never far away so stayed tuned" 

yes as I mentioned earlier I think / hope that cold pool(s) do develop to our east as should higher pressure develop over scandi we could have a good chance of tapping into it 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
23 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

snow tease 

i feel cheated.... been freezing for days... heating on non stop... no footy for kids with frozen pitches yet hee haw snaw to show for it.... 

what happened to get the cauld in and the snaw will follow

i mean cornwall *?! +-£* cornwall

Posted

just found these on youtube of the snow in New York

@edo thats a snow tease ^^^  get the polar vortex in and the feet deep snaw will follow is the saying over there I think lol

- and to think I will be happy with a snow shower that gives me a covering of snow lol :oldrofl:

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
11 minutes ago, Snowlover2 said:

I can’t believe how much frost is on my car. It’s going to take me 5 years to clear it. ??‍♀️

Five years

That's all we've got 

My brain hurts a lot

Five years

That's all we've got

Ok, that's enough. Promise I'm not starting a trend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
23 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

just found these on youtube of the snow in New York

In the second video, I actually have one of those snow blowers in the garage, or something very similar. It was left by the previous owner, apparently bought by and left by the ones before that. I have no idea if it even runs, but looks almost brand new. Probably bought around 2009/10 and rarely used. One day I'd love a good reason to see if it does work. 

Mad amounts of snow in those videos., and just for once in my life I'd like to experience something like that. While skiing in Utah once we had to dig the car out the day we were leaving. It had snowed overnight and we literally couldn't see the car as it was buried in powder that was above the roof as it was parked between two fences in the back yard. Still wasn't as mad as those NY videos though. 

• Like 4

Posted

Well, last nights low temperature has just been passed. 

Now -10.1C outside and the coldest part of the night still to come.  Lovely stuff  ❄️

• Like 4

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

In the second video, I actually have one of those snow blowers in the garage, or something very similar. It was left by the previous owner, apparently bought by and left by the ones before that. I have no idea if it even runs, but looks almost brand new. Probably bought around 2009/10 and rarely used. One day I'd love a good reason to see if it does work. 

I think @Blitzen  must of sold it to them

Posted
1 minute ago, Ravelin said:

Mad amounts of snow in those videos., and just for once in my life I'd like to experience something like that. While skiing in Utah once we had to dig the car out the day we were leaving. It had snowed overnight and we literally couldn't see the car as it was buried in powder that was above the roof as it was parked between two fences in the back yard. Still wasn't as mad as those NY videos though. 

didn't @Blitzen get a snowblower and thought it had put the curse on us getting snowy winters? :oldlaugh: (apologies if I got that wrong lol)

ing for the scandi high to develop and for the beast from the east to make his / her return and hopefully then you could get to use your snowblower 

if only the weather was like the Argos book  and you could put your order in for whatever weather you wanted  - I will have something like this for the whole of Scotland please  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
24 minutes ago, Aphelion said:

Hello, I've been reading for a couple of years and finally joined today, to see if anyone else saw the amazing ice halos round the sun this morning and diamond dust glittering in the air. Kind of made up for no snow.

Hopefully I've included a photo....

IMG_20190131_102205461.jpg

Didn't see that but did notice when coming home from work tonight that the snow on the verges beside the road was glistening in the car headlights. It could best be described as like thousands of tiny camera flashes going off as I passed, felt like a real celebrity. 

• Like 4

Posted

Very cold night, well below 0 across the city. -5 at my home currently and that was the low for last night. -7/-8 by the morning? Edinburgh airport could even hit -10. 

There is an upside to having almost no wind and perfectly clear skies. Braemar hit -16C, now it's up to "just" -14.4

• Like 4

Posted
6 hours ago, edinburgh_1992 said:

Very cold night, well below 0 across the city. -5 at my home currently and that was the low for last night. -7/-8 by the morning? Edinburgh airport could even hit -10. 

There is an upside to having almost no wind and perfectly clear skies. Braemar hit -16C, now it's up to "just" -14.4

-7c here and Airport -9c. Got to about -8c here at some point. Proper cold. Loving it

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 6