Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

Beautiful pictures of clear blue sky's on here the last couple of days.

-7.4 deg/C in the car this morning.

The snaw drought continues, the east coast is like a desert this makes it even worse - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47071846?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/c0j9l0kygy4t/uk-snow&link_location=live-reporting-story

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

I think i might move to Tomintoul. 345m asl. that will do the trick i reckon.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer
58 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Really?  

muscle-snowman.jpg

Took me so long to get that.... 

(Quickly updates profile from 5+ years ago!) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
1 minute ago, Snowlover2 said:

Just seen a video of Newquay beach and wow. It is white with lovely snow! Jammy sods. 

https://twitter.com/search?q=cornwall snow&src=typd&lang=en

I am not jealous one bit ..... 3603516_0.jpg 

• Like 6

Posted

Sun hasn't set and already the temperature is on the slide.

The skies are so clear at the moment, looks like another cold night in store.

Temp around -6c and falling.

20190131_170133.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
1 minute ago, SW Saltire said:

Took me so long to get that.... 

(Quickly updates profile from 5+ years ago!) 

I know.   Took me ages to find it too.

I remember that you were setting off for Uni and then we all wondered if you made it?   Hence the pic!:oldgrin:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer
2 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

I know.   Took me ages to find it too.

I remember that you were setting off for Uni and then we all wondered if you made it?   Hence the pic!

Yes, that is some snowman certainly! 

There was years of conversation in the Scottish Politics Thread (RIP) and I posted a little over the last year or so. 

It’s a shame there is no real thread like that anymore. The thread covered lots of topical events and not just ‘Politics’ per se.

But concisely, yes I graduated somehow, got on a grad scheme. Hated sales so am now in the emergency services (the ones that everyone hates! Haha).

After living in Stirling for a couple years post uni, back home due to work. Hoping to transfer and move in with my girlfriend in 18 or so months. 

She’s refusing to live outwith the A720 Bypass so i’m f****d 

Hope things are good with you  (and that extends to the rest of the Scottish Politics/regional thread contingent)

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
4 minutes ago, Snowlover2 said:

Ok. Not jealous of the people currently stuck on the A30 (Newquay). Hope they’re not there long. 

Being Cornish I am jealous it's a very rare occasion my mum gets to trump me in the weather stakes. May have to forget to ring her tonight. 

Also 1cm of snow is enough to bring the county to a halt. 

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, edinburgh_1992 said:

Will we finally see some snow during the transition to mild conditions?

96-574PUK.gif

No based on experience

Posted
3 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Having checked the latest Euro4 I may be best not to hold my breath for any snow at all tonight.

Not even 5 flakes?

• Like 1

Posted

Fantastic alpine day with blue skies and sunshine with just a few snow  showers on the northern horizon.      Ice day with a maximum of -2c and already -4c now. Very slippery so cows out between midday and 2.00pm to neeps on the rocks!!! These stationary showers to the north are  a real reminder of  the 2009 and 2010 winters especially as the neep field is the same one again.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well Clatt/Kennenthmont that was a chilly -11C as I passed through this morning was a balmy -8/9C on the way home at 17:30 or thereabouts. An even more tropical -7C at my house as I pulled up the driveway. Maybe I should get the shorts out...nah..wood burner on to boost the house and keep the leccy cost down.

Not at all jealous of the SW cos I've been relatively luck to have had virtually 2 weeks of lying snow now, with only a brief break. OK so its not been any real depth, but what they are getting in Cornwall will likely have thawed within 24hrs, if that. Looks likely I'll be skiing at the weekend too, at the Lecht, along with throngs of other snow starved Scottish skiers no doubt.

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Pretty sure today was an ice day in Glasgow.

Any idea why my post from earlier was deleted? 

Posted

Well you couldny make it up! 12z GFS run fails to get an easterly flow in at all and goes for the NE flow and the fax chart has lost the trough for tomorrow (although these have been changing frequently)  20190131.1630.PPVE89.png 

there are some shower clouds in the north sea ATM but main / nearest area looks to be NE England and looking at the radar the first of the showers near Newcastle / Alnwick https://en.sat24.com/en/gb xc weather the nearest to the easterly flow between 9 and midnight p15489684003112.gif  p15489792003112.gif

scandi high option still looks a contender moving forward  / and possibly an increasing number of very blocked / split Troposphere PV runs too

gens-1-1-264.thumb.png.fbd28bfd8c2a22f8c04ec470641dfb3e.pnganim_rkw4.thumb.gif.b8e9fd71d299193bbe9c29c45aaa64b0.gifanim_eiq4.thumb.gif.14ff9c60cea813dbcb7523e36e328580.gifgensnh-13-1-384.thumb.png.b629179945349a73d2b68f74419be4fa.pnggensnh-15-1-384.thumb.png.84f2482f312c43d1b66d84573d0b2012.pnggensnh-12-1-216.thumb.png.b4b5ca5b7b126ab3ffc654e3af3f525d.png    

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Temps are dropping like a stone out there tonight. -2.3C here but in a very sheltered back garden. Edinburgh Airport reporting -6C on the 1850z METAR and Leuchars at -5C

• Like 8

Posted
15 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Well you couldny make it up! 12z GFS run fails to get an easterly flow in at all and goes for the NE flow and the fax chart has lost the trough for tomorrow (although these have been changing frequently)  20190131.1630.PPVE89.png 

there are some shower clouds in the north sea ATM but main / nearest area looks to be NE England and looking at the radar the first of the showers near Newcastle / Alnwick https://en.sat24.com/en/gb xc weather the nearest to the easterly flow between 9 and midnight p15489684003112.gif  p15489792003112.gif

scandi high option still looks a contender moving forward  / and possibly an increasing number of very blocked / split Troposphere PV runs too

gens-1-1-264.thumb.png.fbd28bfd8c2a22f8c04ec470641dfb3e.pnganim_rkw4.thumb.gif.b8e9fd71d299193bbe9c29c45aaa64b0.gifanim_eiq4.thumb.gif.14ff9c60cea813dbcb7523e36e328580.gifgensnh-13-1-384.thumb.png.b629179945349a73d2b68f74419be4fa.pnggensnh-15-1-384.thumb.png.84f2482f312c43d1b66d84573d0b2012.pnggensnh-12-1-216.thumb.png.b4b5ca5b7b126ab3ffc654e3af3f525d.png    

So you think there's no chance of snow showers tonight and tomorrow?

• Like 2

Posted
20 minutes ago, edinburgh_1992 said:

So you think there's no chance of snow showers tonight and tomorrow?

I wouldn't say no chance just looking less good than it did at one stage IMO but in these kinds of setups radar watching will be the best thing to see where / if the showers are developing 

Posted

Really on the way down now at -6c with old farmhouse windows all freezing up. Begining to feel like serious cold is settling in even if it came in on a west wind .My local forecast on here has freezing night time temperatures for the next two weeks hardly even average weather still on the cool side.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
2 hours ago, 101_North said:

No based on experience

Yeah, who could forget your experiences?  They are engrained in all of our brains!:oldrolleyes:

-4.1c here.

index.jpg

Edited by Blitzen