IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

my toys are right oot

Posted
58 minutes ago, Huntforsnow said:

There is small flakes of snow falling here but it's still foggy and nothing on radar, strange  

You can get that from freezing fog, it's pretty cool (literally) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

-8C at the house this morning and the lowest I saw on the commute was -11 between Clatt & Kennethmont at around 7:45am, so nowhere near beating @Sceptical's -14C at Whitehouse. Warmest I noticed on the commute was -5C.

Still can't see why we're under a Yellow warning for snow & Ice tonight. Ice yes, snow...well if we do see any I'll be surprised, and I can't see it being enough to cause problems.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Baltic in Glasvegas, too. There appeared to be some very light 'snaw' flakes or some other wintry precipitation earlier. Clearish sky above but also foggyish, too. Wondered if it was diamond dust, but don't think so on this occasion. Have only seen that once before: coincidentally, in Glasvegas back in Dec 2009. Cracking winter's day. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

I’m just raging that they have an Amber alert...simply because I have forgot what it feels like to be under one. 

Good luck to them - hope they all enjoy it. ☃️

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

A chilly 0C right now here with a low of -6C last night. Tonight/tomorrow morning looks interesting, does look like the SE borders will do well but these situations are very much dependent on nowcasting. Models always seem to struggle with shower setups. Radar/obs/METARS and probs the high res EURO4, ICON-EU and ARPEGE are the best bets 

Edited by Mesosphere
  • Like 5

Posted
6 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

I’m just raging that they have an Amber alert...simply because I have forgot what it feels like to be under one. 

Good luck to them - hope they all enjoy it. ☃️

indeed, i have relatives in north somerset who havent seeen lying snow in years ... so good on em !

• Like 3

Posted
34 minutes ago, Huntforsnow said:

Interesting!

Screenshot_20190131-131907.png

Just shows what a continuous flow of cold air can do. Uppers aren't even that low, but as the days go by the ground gets colder, sea temperatures slowly drop and snow/frost cover on the ground creates temperature inversions. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Baltic

@Kirkcaldy Weather Scandi heights are going to become a more prominent feature in the next few weeks I feel. As you say the MJO phase is favourable for some HLB. Hoping for some serious snaw this month as from the start of March until mid June I will be in Texas for work and will miss any March madness here   Will be keeping a keen eye on the Radar this evening on the nightshift and I think there will be a chance of some fleeting snow showers anywhere from Aberdeen down the coast to the borders.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
9 minutes ago, ghoneym said:

@Kirkcaldy Weather Scandi heights are going to become a more prominent feature in the next few weeks I feel. As you say the MJO phase is favourable for some HLB. Hoping for some serious snaw this month as from the start of March until mid June I will be in Texas for work and will miss any March madness here   Will be keeping a keen eye on the Radar this evening on the nightshift and I think there will be a chance of some fleeting snow showers anywhere from Aberdeen down the coast to the borders.

Working in Texas from March until June!? Living the dream mate! I am very jealous!

Tornado/Supercell thunderstorm season in all its glory! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Baltic
2 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Working in Texas from March until June!? Living the dream mate! I am very jealous!

Tornado/Supercell thunderstorm season in all its glory! 

I will be keeping the forum informed of my weather adventures for sure!  

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Sitting at 1c and has been all afternoon.   Wind ENE and calm.   Better pic now than the one this morning!

Brrrrrr!   You don't half feel the cold air when you open the door.  Wouldn't like to tell you where I feel it!   (use your imagination!):blink2:

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Car was saying -4.5c somewhere near the village of Broughton on the A701 at MIDDAY today in bright sunshine.

Coldest temperature during a sunny day I can remember in a long time.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
39 minutes ago, SW Saltire said:

Car was saying -4.5c somewhere near the village of Broughton on the A701 at MIDDAY today in bright sunshine.

Coldest temperature during a sunny day I can remember in a long time.

Really?   :whistling:

muscle-snowman.jpg

• Like 1