Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Just arrived back home from work and to my surprise there is a nice wee dusting of snow. Better than nothing i suppose and at least it will be a nice wintry walk when taking my son to school in the morning

3125BC9E-7587-4342-8FDF-7C7172D5BCCC.thumb.jpeg.3f44c2cdf1921e3ad637923a276e2025.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Not snow related but is anyone else getting page redirections (the scam types that say you have a virus or have won a prize) when using this forum on a mobile? It's happened to me a few times this week.  

Edited by snowidea

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
21 minutes ago, snowidea said:

Not snow related but is anyone else getting page redirections (the scam types that say you have a virus or have won a prize) when using this forum on a mobile? It's happened to me a few times this week.  

Yeah, seems to be happening when I click on the 'like' icon, or just now when I was trying to add a post. Annoying, but chrome on my phone is now blocking the redirects automatically. 

Anyway, surprise bonus fall here overnight, courtesy of the polar low I assume. Must have been running out of steam as it reached here though as its only left around 1cm going by what we shovelled off the driveway. Nonetheless, it all counts. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Well that was all a bit..meh! Looks like the North/Northwest did well during the early hours! 

Rest of the week looks sunny and dry here so perfect weather for Munro climbing! 

Looks like Wales are in for a snow battering on Thursday as per the BBC graphics below - wish it had been coming through Scotland! 

Have a good day all! 

DE56FCBF-3D77-4C98-9C60-3AF4EA400AE0.png

CF743DA4-4233-4052-AB42-5248EDF001C6.png

A34EB7F8-1BD7-405F-8633-83E23A177EA6.png

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Aboyne, Scotland, 450ft Altitude (edge of Cairngorms)
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny summers. Cold snowy or sunny winters.
  • Location: Aboyne, Scotland, 450ft Altitude (edge of Cairngorms)

Aboyne -8.5C min overnight and 5cm fresh snow in the early hours. No new snow at kingswells overnight. Fun drive to work - nothing like cutting first tracks through the snow with 4wd and winter tyres.

• Like 9

Posted

-3 in Balmedie this am.   No snow although there was a few flakes driving to work this am.   Looks like it going to remain cold until middle of next week then getting a bit milder. 

• Like 3

Posted

Well, well, well! 101 has a dusting of snow this morning. A very light covering! So light I'm slightly annoyed that I can't complain about no settling snow anymore

Other than that is another beautiful cold, frosty morning! 

I see the Lothians have been included in an updated Yellow warning for this morning - looking at the radar I'm struggling to see why

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning folks.

It' a pretty one.   Didn't get as low overnight as some others did with -2.3c.  Currently sitting at -2.1c. Nice and frosty though.

static_weathercams.php.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

No snow here at all. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

We had our luck last Feb/March I think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning SNAW Hunters! We had another wee covering overnight so we've maybe had about 4-5 cm of snow. WOWSERS! Not. Been a slow winter coming right enough. Never mind, we still have the rest of February to get through! Any of our experts out there have any thoughts on what remains of winter and whether we're likely to see a return of snow and ice? ❄❄

Edited by mistyqueen
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow
14 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

My inner child looks at the ECM at +240hrs to see the cold air coming our way though....

The ECM for Monday looks interesting...

6A539EBB-D59F-4A90-9E4E-DB2E1B65A3C0.thumb.png.d44d72cc96a7ce56d0f5ddd0446199a3.png

We can only hope but the way this winter is going it will probably fall as rain or move south and hit England 

• Like 6

Posted
16 minutes ago, edo said:

The pethshire snow drought continues.... the beautiful picturesque lade is frozen though..... and i seen a bird not seen before just chilling out

20190130_084944.jpg

20190130_085328.jpg

Mr Heron doesn't look too happy with the ice!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
1 hour ago, Sceptical said:

Sunrise, the skies have cleared and the temperature has dropped lower.

That's the lowest temp I've seen in quite a while.

20190130_080444.jpg

Wow, it was only -5C when I left the house at 7:30am, and varied between -3 and -6C on the commute. Variable depths of new snow on the way, with a bigger fall in Fochabers (maybe 2-3cm) than at home for a change. 

• Like 6