Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
3 minutes ago, Penicuikblizzard said:

Heavy cold rain in Edinburgh 

It's trying to turn to snow up here but not trying hard enough! 

• Like 1

Posted

And from out of nowhere the snow's on heavy here - not settling yet. 

Edit: Getting heavier and sticking on the grass. 

Edited again: Not sticking at all - just wishful thinking 

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 2

Posted

This is at home. 

4DE7C80C-5B78-46F8-9327-207DA615DCA7.thumb.jpeg.10689d48b129f08a89d2132aa6d151a9.jpeg

Kids waited an hour for the school bus so I told them to go home. Taking dog out so more pics to follow hopefully. Rubbish I’m stuck at work. 

• Like 8

Posted

Lovely to see a busy thread. Wee top-up overnight of about a cm. May manage the coldest temp for a few yrs in the coming days, that’ll prob be the only thing of note as precipitation seems pretty scarce

Sorry @Keyring, we’re east highland, to the SE of Inverness

@Hairy Celt I’m sure the wife can be convinced to live up a hill, if not I’m sure post-Brexit food scavenging will take you up there anyway ?‍♂️ 

• Like 3

Posted

It'll be typical i end up missing the snow this year after getting a new 4x4/offroad toy to be playing in.

Is there any good glamping sites up north people recommend, where i'd have a good chance for a lot of snow? I know of the eco camp, and braemar caravan site ones, any others? Sorry i know its a bit off topic.... but it's all in the spirit of snow ❄️❄️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Sunny (sort of) and frosty this morning with a thick crust of frozen slush on the cars.

@Northern Strath - unfortunately our chances of getting up a hill are extremely remote. 50m will feel like a victory :yahoo:

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Dry your eyes, you were sure you were getting nothing so be grateful for next to nothing

Posted
11 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Sunny (sort of) and frosty this morning with a thick crust of frozen slush on the cars.

@Northern Strath - unfortunately our chances of getting up a hill are extremely remote. 50m will feel like a victory 

Drumnadrochit it is then, 32 m asl and cold as hell with plenty snow days  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

A flurry overnight for us. Could just about count the individual snawflakes. Everything frozen, so any further white stuff should stick readily. Was -0.4C with a few flakes on the go around half 8. Heading down to Glasvegas. Progressively snawier from Crieff through Muthill and over the moor to Braco. Dunblane and Stirling appear to have done well, too. Am reckoning the drive hame could be a wee bitty skitey later on. 

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Huntforsnow said:

MetO now forecasting heavy snow for tonight in Ayrshire could be an even better covering by tomorrow

I can't find anything anywhere to suggest this? Can you give me a link or something cheers. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and Thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, Stuart Taylor said:

I can't find anything anywhere to suggest this? Can you give me a link or something cheers. 

I was just checking met office app. They have also just put a new warning out

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Snowline is about 200 meters here - from what I can see of the distance anyway. 

Tonight looks promising - what I like about the new warning is the bit that mentions...very low ground!

Could be a decent snow event for quite a few folk in this thread. (To add to what some already have had today!)

A92A9D9A-5767-4A3A-A114-C16074AFAE9C.jpeg

72F57D0B-03E3-45A4-94DF-BC1CC3C0C1E0.jpeg

E2BF0B26-A704-4F55-99CE-28902CEB6B44.png

C5F3AE93-D0FF-407B-B4C9-F7A6DBD5141C.png

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
1 hour ago, Keyring said:

It'll be typical i end up missing the snow this year after getting a new 4x4/offroad toy to be playing in.

Is there any good glamping sites up north people recommend, where i'd have a good chance for a lot of snow? I know of the eco camp, and braemar caravan site ones, any others? Sorry i know its a bit off topic.... but it's all in the spirit of snow ❄️❄️

Glenmore (next to Loch Morlich) have a camping/caravan site - walked past it a few times.

https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/ukcampsites/campingintheforest/camping-in-scotland/glenmore/

Very snowy up there currently. 

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Mr Frost said:

Glenmore (next to Loch Morlich) have a camping/caravan site - walked past it a few times.

https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/ukcampsites/campingintheforest/camping-in-scotland/glenmore/

Very snowy up there currently. 

Thanks mr frost, unfortunately glamming pods I’m looking for as it’s a bit cold for the tent or the 4x4  it’ll most likely be mid next week I go.... knowing my luck, probably as a mild front comes in 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

After a promising start to the morning with a couple of cm of snow falling it has just about melted away already. Not sure what will happen later.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

The caravan site at Cannich has/had Glamping pods and I'm sure it's open all year. Should be cold there too. 

As expected from a westerly flow, nothing more at home overnight other than a frost. It was around -2/3C at 7:30am and pretty much below freezing all the way to Fochabers. 

Nice to see others getting in on the snow action. Been anything 'doon sooth' yet, as I don't dare check the banter thread just in case? 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer
12 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

The caravan site at Cannich has/had Glamping pods and I'm sure it's open all year. Should be cold there too. 

As expected from a westerly flow, nothing more at home overnight other than a frost. It was around -2/3C at 7:30am and pretty much below freezing all the way to Fochabers. 

Nice to see others getting in on the snow action. Been anything 'doon sooth' yet, as I don't dare check the banter thread just in case? 

Highly unlikely (unless you count south as Cumbria/NE and i’d suspect it would be the usual suspects ie 200/300m asl).

Certainly nothing here in Dumfries, just icy from that main band. Not even a flake of snow and 3.5c.

Showers packing in behind and I believe those are snow (Friends say it’s snowing out west ie A75 but struggling to lie).

In such a marginal set up I believe the Irradiance of the sun is a factpr at play here. Hopefully come 1500hrs onwards we get some precipitation as that’ll co-incide with a dip in temperatures and therefore less marginal.

Meant to say, glorious day yesterday heading down the beeftub (A701 Edi - Dumfries). 

Have to say through my car windows I was awffy warm and it had me looking forward to Spring/Summer.

Either we get HLB in Feb or I’d prefer just a predominantly sunny and dry warm-up. These 850s of -5/-6 are depressing.

Drip, drip, drip during daylight

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 1