Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
6 minutes ago, 101_North said:

I'll start containing my excitement now in that case

Going by all models and the Metoffice outlook - only a matter of time before the East gets in on the fun! 

The very same run I quoted does end with this...

1B6F98B2-B811-4F7F-B358-B22EB6985940.png

F7FE28EC-451B-4836-973B-AE2747C35CF4.png

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Had to scrape the car leaving work and reached -4 on the way home according to the car. Roads in Inverclyde in particular were sheet ice and glistening in the headlights.

• Like 3

Posted

Blyth Bridge to Broughton this evening stunning in the car headlights. White blanket either side of a sometimes slippery A Road. Home to a level 3cm. Winter at last.

• Like 8

Posted

Managed to lift some neeps today to top up the store for February.Only by the skin of our teeth as frost had relented quite a bit yesterday but had returned overnight. Ground engaging disc suffered a bit  with several lumps of frozen earth showing three inches of frost. Frost really digging in late in the afternoon so the cost of a new disc is worth it just to have some more feed secured.Currently -2c and falling. Its going to be a cold night.  Heaters turned on in all the vulnerable areas.

We have now had a week of frost and the hills round the Firth are getting whiter by the day so winter has really arrived  and is not in a hurry to leave.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes inc storms and gales, but mostly cold and snow.

Evening all!

I'm currently stuck in the weeble end of nowhere with terrible internet, which means I’m unable to view images including model runs etc. I’m due to travel to Luss for work tomorrow, can anyone give me a clue as to road conditions and expected weather? Any more snow expected in that area over the next 72 hours?

Cheers, Ed. 

Edited by Right_said_Ed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
25 minutes ago, Right_said_Ed said:

Evening all!

I'm currently stuck in the weeble end of nowhere with terrible internet, which means I’m unable to view images including model runs etc. I’m due to travel to Luss for work tomorrow, can anyone give me a clue as to road conditions and expected weather? Any more snow expected in that area over the next 72 hours?

Cheers, Ed. 

Can't vouch for roads first hand, but I'd not expect any problems other than a bit icy overnight maybe. MetO doesn't show any more snow forecast this week for Luss, temps - 2 to 3C,warmer Friday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Evening all,

Glorious day in St Andrews, sunny skies. No snow over here of course but I’ll take the sunshine any day! Frosty evening, -2c already. The models continue to show a cold theme in general so it’s the usual waiting and watching game for something of note to impact the majority of us in a reliable timeframe. I think it will come and we’re a patient bunch, right? 

Good to see a few snowy scenes, certainly looking more like winter! 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Been out on the lash tongihttttttttttt, all white on the homeward stahger.  Brilliant. scus rhe splling..More of the same pleas e.

• Like 3

Posted

It’s only really a cm or two but we appear to have had more snow overnight than we recieved when we were in the warning area, as is often the case. It’s added some welcome grip and given the tired old snow cover a wee makeover. -6.5c

• Like 6

Posted

The current cold snap has produced some consistently low temperatures for here over the last seven days.

Friday 18th Jan -7c

Sunday 20th Jan -6c

Monday 21st Jan -5c

Wednesday 23rd Jan -6c

Last snowfall was last Wednesday, most of which remains in place.

• Like 6

Posted

MWIS Outlook:

PLANNING OUTLOOK

All mountain areas of Britain from Thursday 24th January 2019

Cold conditions are expected to prevail across the mountains over the next week or fortnight - perhaps longer. Mountain temperatures will frequently be sub-freezing, often to lower slopes in Scotland. Wind speeds very varied day-to-day, at times up to gale force with severe chill factor. Over the next 5 days or so, winds will be mostly from the west or northwest, allowing briefly less cold air to affect England & Wales in particular. Whilst there is some uncertainty, indications into next week favour a cyclonic situation, with areas of precipitation circling around a broad area of low pressure, with scope for locally substantial snowfalls on the mountains. A northeasterly flow may well emerge for a few days.

• Like 6

Posted

25 minutes ago, Polar Gael said:

Just a covering here but a gorgeous winter morning. Cauldest night of the winter so far at -8.0C. Currently, -7.8C/-9C and clear. 

That's my winter weather preference - sunny and crisp mornings (with deep snow confined to the hills for scenic value).

Edit: -7C at the mo.

Edited by ciel
  • Like 9

Posted

A couple of flakes lying on the ice of frozen puddles overnight with a minimum of -2c.In spite of this the ground is iron hard. Was wondering if the dryness of the ground was helping it to cool faster? Anyhow its a fabulous base for snow to fall onto.

The bulbs will be going into suspended animation now and a lot of germinating weed seeds on dug areas of the garden look pretty unhealthy.

Fabulous morning with blue  sunny skies.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Beautiful here too at minus 4. Hungry big fat pigeons and doves in the back garden arguing with the jackdaws.

• Like 8