Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Going by my ever trustworthy Metoffice APP.......... It looks promising from midnight - especially in the West.

Plus BBC mentioned the snow showers could merge for a longer spell of snow even at low levels tomorrow with some thunder and lightning in the mix.

Hills above 200 meters are in for a pasting.

As per James above - I also had a picture pop up from January 21st last year! Ah the glory days of Winter 2017/18 in my old home. 

21C6E704-8EF8-4AA2-84F5-21303C704613.png

BAA6820A-7DE4-45F2-BA00-CBC5F889D810.png

771E0AC9-EBE6-4A6B-BE6C-23E10497CB9E.png

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

OK I have a snowflake from the met office, a snowflake!!! One at 9.00am and another at 10.00. Oh and an ice warning for my walk to the train station  

Just wet stuff out there at the moment. 

Screenshot_20190121-211905.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Unfortunately so far it looks like higher bits only. Certainly falling at the Cairn O Mount by the looks of this Police message

ROAD CLOSED - VEHICLES STUCK IN SNOW

Police Scotland officers are currently dealing with a number of vehicles stuck in snow on the B974 between Fettercairn and Banchory. This has resulted in the road being closed in both directions.

The public are advised to avoid the area and seek an alternative route.

• Like 5

Posted

The odd drifting snowflake here in central Edinburgh now, 2.5C. Unfortunately the front has already passed so it is mainly dry. 

Heavy snow showers across western Scotland tomorrow, especially the south-west. Will the current carry them over to the east as well? I doubt it, but we'll see. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

Not seen a single flake...this is getting depressing, especially when Europe has had record snowfall and deep cold in the US with snowstorms a plenty.

The UK must be the only place in the northern hemisphere that's not getting any proper winter weather, looks like the snaw shovel will be staying in the shed this year.

I know what's causing the problem...its aw wind and pish from the SNP that's frightening the snaw away.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
7 hours ago, Klippie said:

I know what's causing the problem...its aw wind and pish from the SNP that's frightening the snaw away

Either that or Theresa May didn't get the 'snow clause' into the Brexit deal that would allow us free access to Europe's snow. Damn politicians. 

Still pitch black outside here so difficult to tell but doesn't look like we've had any snow overnight, despite being in the yellow warning area. On a brighter note, we still seem to be clinging on to the snow we did have. Maybe it'll make tlit through to the milder blip on Friday, making it over a week with snow on the ground. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Heavy snow here in Gourock - settling on grass/cars at sea level. ❄️

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)

Heavy snaw here in southside of Glasgow - only started around 7ish and coming down quite heavy and like Mr Frost snow is settling easily on surface. Quite surprised.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Yep v heavy snow for a while, settling everywhere including main roads. A pleasant surprise.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Although it’s raining in the City Centre, about 5km from where I was.

Posted

A little dusting. Big blob incoming from the west just as I am about to leave for work.IMG_5105.thumb.JPG.efe3388c553b4b97351e22aa6332985b.JPG

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and Thunderstorms

A nice start to wake up to in Beith Ayrshire 

15481446412381925096611.jpg

• Like 8

Posted

Coming down really heavy - massive fat flakes! 

Told the girlfriend I was not taking down the festive kitchen window display as our ten month old son loves it...of course it was really so I could get a snowy scene picture. 

Monnnnn the snoooowwwwwwww! Yaaaaaaassssssss! ☃️

B24CFC0D-289E-4027-8899-9077A834E47F.jpeg

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 5

Posted

No snow and not expecting any but at least last night's ice warning was justified! Lethal out there

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 1

Posted

Snowing in Darvel. Just a dusting when I left so didn't take any photos.

Wife just phoned to say it's pelting it doon.

If it's still there at lunch time I'll ask her to take a pic.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

We didnt get any more, dead miffed that the north and west is getting it all again.

Posted

Good covering here, I'd say about half an inch the now but some beefy stuff heading in soon which I expect will take us over the inch mark. Definitely better than I expected this morning if I'm honest 

IMG_1484.PNG

IMG_1487.PNG

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Really heavy snow now, big fat flakes. Time to dust down the sledges? I am glad I am off work tonight

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow
7 minutes ago, Ruzzi said:

Good covering here, I'd say about half an inch the now but some beefy stuff heading in soon which I expect will take us over the inch mark. Definitely better than I expected this morning if I'm honest 

Yes certainly didn’t expect this myself, hats  off to the euro4, seems to have got it spot on for here.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

There was the odd stray flake falling as I walked (slid) to the station. Snow equivalent of drizzle. 

• Like 4