Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted

To my surprise there's a covering of snow and it's still snowing steadily. It snowed a little earlier but I didn't expect anything more than a few flurries. Nothing spectacular but it's nice to see some snow on the ground.

• Like 6

Posted

Marked regional weather differences today from all accounts. 

Currently cold drizzle here with temp -1C

:cc_confused:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D
2 hours ago, TinyTim said:

Hey all!

Flakes to report here too! Fairly light and not really settling, but they are the genuine article, so can't be disappointed 

Tim

Lucky if we get a cm  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

i do get the feeling that this thread will be very busy with snaw pictures and plenty of ramps over the coming few weeks and may i be so bold to say months? this could be an historic winter spell that takes us all the way to the end of winter and into spring.. in years to come folk in here will say "oh do you remember 2019 what a winter that was"

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

A wee covering here!

Whaur's Mr Mair Snaw by the way?

Big Innes

• Like 5

Posted
3 minutes ago, Big Innes Madori said:

A wee covering here!

Whaur's Mr Mair Snaw by the way?

Big Innes

A few have asked this.. looks like he has left the site or something as his post from previous threads just show as guest.. shame tho as he was always a good source of entertainment in here. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
5 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

A few have asked this.. looks like he has left the site or something as his post from previous threads just show as guest.. shame tho as he was always a good source of entertainment in here. 

Aye he was posting regularly a week or so past and stirring the keech in the mad hoose

Big Innes

Edited by Big Innes Madori

Posted
2 minutes ago, Big Innes Madori said:

Aye he was posting regularly a week or so past and stirring the keech in the mad hoose

Big Innes

yes he was, i think it was about a week ago he lost the plot one evening between the mad house and the banter thread.. shame he isnt here anymore coz that guy was really passionate about his snaw. infact i would say he was a little bit crazy for the white stuff

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Please come back @MoreSnow, we know you are watching us 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

A few flakes coming down here. The youngest spotted them when she was letting the cats in and alerted the rest of us by shrieking.  I was initially concerned as a shriek usually means the ginger has has been out murdering something. So it was a double plus no small animal to put out of its misery and some snow ? 

• Like 8

Posted

looks like a big blob heading toward Crieff on the radar... my friend is getting more and more wound up by me spending all my time looking at the charts to see if there is going to be more snow over the coming days and weeks..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
33 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

looks like a big blob heading toward Crieff on the radar... my friend is getting more and more wound up by me spending all my time looking at the charts to see if there is going to be more snow over the coming days and weeks..

do not let them think you are the strange one ....... some incredible model runs today but one non narnia ECM has the flappers out.... monday night looking like a potential decent event as does next thursday 

we do seem to be on the cusp of a winter proper here 

• Like 3

Posted

Thought I’d come and say hello in here... I’m from Broxburn, praying for similar snow amounts to last March... the first 2 weeks of February would be nice, but I guess time will tell!

Edited by Keyring
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

@edo I am just catching up with the 18z GFS :shok: it has near perfect setup for streamers of epic proportions from about 174h to 276h long story short Scotland becomes Snowland and the Kirkcaldy snow shield will finally be broken :yahoo:

start 174-779UK.thumb.gif.0b380e203ccdb87596b68876f6169484.gif  still going even beyond this 240-779UK.thumb.gif.1f7709a21d5dfed550063961b52043de.gif -12 850s I will take it 192-7UK.thumb.gif.b620e7c6be1930136d4df17a01798c28.gif   

PLEASE SNOW GODS LET THIS HAPPEN I NEED MA SNAW! 

• Like 7

Posted

Like mirror image of 2010/11 winter?   Back ended version... permission to ramp discretely! 

Edited by howham
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Now -2.5C and a bit of high cloud. Could get lower than last night I reckon.

You can take your easterlies and put them somewhere dark.

• Like 1

Posted

Sorry Ravelin, my question of 'where?' to your post in the model thread was a snarky ironic reference to the whereabouts of the place called Scotland, not the position of the  -14  850s. Reading that thread often I need to remind myself I'm not living in Suffolk. Although they like sheep there too I hear

• Like 2