Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted

No snow at all here, not even a shower between yesterday and today. It is quite rare for it to snow from a northerly in Edinburgh. 

Beautiful winter's day though, not a cloud in the sky and bright sunshine. 

Temperatures could drop quite significantly tonight, provided there is no cloud cover. Building up a good amount of cold before tomorrow, let's cross fingers that we see some snow

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

colleague reports a dusting in blairgowrie..... i cant get any work done for viewing charts

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

visiting a friend in Crieff and we just saw snow flakes blowing in the wind, clear blue sky currently but cold compared to recent times. great to see some folk getting some lovely white stuff and long may it continue.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Monday night into Tuesday could give a few places a good dumping. Hopefully conditions are right for snow at low levels.

F8029218-B357-4452-AEF4-AC8BB18DCE76.thumb.gif.ec461f2a0cde0d425b4c623009b5d331.gif

Both the ECM 00z and GFS 06z looking great this morning again. Here they both are at 168h, so not that far away. 

3B14C4B6-6A7C-4E9F-AB5F-D15F0F8C46D8.thumb.png.621c8e36995fd7b5916f372b6bc543fd.png

EA57E6D8-E5FB-4DE5-8BA2-FFA8BD917509.thumb.png.e38bec0b374143db002709418c36fed6.png

If we are still seeing these types of charts at 96h then we can really start to get excited  

Lets get the cauld set in then worry aboot the snaw! 

• Like 6

Posted

An overnight low of 2.9°C here last night making it one of the coldest we've had so far this winter but no wintry weather just heavy rain showers with gusts up to 47mph last night. This morning and early afternoon have been bright and sunny with a calm wind.

• Like 2

Posted

Finally seen some falling snow this winter - in Luxembourg where I am for work. Not settling really but nice to see. Fingers crossed for something more substantial at home soon. Nice to see the start of the snow pics on here when I logged on - keep them coming 

• Like 5

Posted

No snow here, but didn't expect any. Cold though. Could barely get the car doors open this morning. Ground stayed frozen anywhere the sun didn't reach with the frost lingering. 

Day off today split between a morning walk and poking about the garden this afternoon. I'd say the garden is 4, maybe even 6 weeks ahead of where it should be. Hopefully the coming days / weeks will slow it down. 

Barely a cloud all day. 

IMG_5099.thumb.JPG.8fade29c13b2ce500cd1d121cf1ffc27.JPG

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Aboyne, Scotland, 450ft Altitude (edge of Cairngorms)
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny summers. Cold snowy or sunny winters.

Couple of inches snow in Aboyne. No melt during daylight hours. Interesting commute to Kingswells this morning leaving the house 5.50am. My 4wd golf and winter tyres did the job well as usual but witnessed a few folk skidding on glass like ice near Westhill and off the road with no control whatsoever. -2C at the moment and expect -5C or lower overnight with the snow cover here. 

20190117_164739_001.jpg

IMG-20190117-WA0002.jpg

• Like 9

Posted

Had business in Aberdeen this morning and drive up a90 was brilliant. Was a reminder of why I am so fixated with winter. Mostly stunning blue skies but then short but heavy snow showers and yes below photo taken when I was completely stationary (an artic had taken out central reservation at brechin)

far more snow now please

AEA83592-F3FC-4F92-B1D4-9854616C734E.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted

Hi all

Nice to see a bit of the white stuff around.  This winter here has been amazingly disappointing so far (literally one day of lying / falling snow so far!), so fingers crossed everyone will see more soon!  Nothing here at all yet, but I've not given up for now! 

Tim

• Like 4

Posted

Have been following model thread for sometime and the guys over there seem to be getting mightily excited with from what I can understand as a return of easterly winds and plenty snow not to mention severe cold ,and a few saying an exceptional event may be occurring 

• Like 2

Posted

Underestimated snow depth above. Up to 4in deep across the back garden tonight. Snow too powdery for snowmen or snowballs with our 4yr old. Still I got my exercise and he got plenty smiles with me out for a jog pulling him on the sledge. Maybe my expectations are too high but I reckon 1-2ft of snow here by the end of next week. We did well last March and given the synoptics showing at the moment we could end up with a decent spell of winter arriving three weeks following the SSW. According to the previous owners of our house in Aboyne there was 3-4ft snow in the back garden in Dec 2010 and the roof gutters were ripped down. Builders doubled up on gutter supports when they fixed all the houses in the cul-de-sac. No problems last March except for walls of snow from gritters keeping roads clear. The Scottish ski centres will be busy shortly. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow
27 minutes ago, Penicuikblizzard said:

ABEE55EC-826B-4FC1-B9E7-8760E61BCB40.thumb.png.9b4fc826dccb7652f5a3f7007b497842.pngHefty snow showers in the east if this chart come off, a little kink in the isobars suggest a trough ⛄

Those showers better make their way through to Glesga 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

some potential snow showers later tonight.... marginal for someScreenshot_20190118-071138_Chrome.thumb.jpg.feba2733d0f54ee68e2eb3a07e69895e.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

-5c at Leuchars this morning, -1c Dundee Riverside.

• Like 3

Posted

-9degC leaving home for work today but roads in good order now.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

No snaw here so far. Cauld again overnight with a low of -4.7C. Currently-4.2C/-7C and bright. Ground frozen rock solid. 

Get the cauld in...etc, etc. 

• Like 3