Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

First of the proper snow showers is about 30 mins away north of here. Watch the easter ross hills steal all my snow. B'staards.

• Like 2

Posted

As I thought, all snow showers dissipated before getting to Edinburgh. Currently clear outside, +3C. 

Another chance of seeing snow on Friday, will need to be confirmed. Very unlikely that we will see anything settling, but better than nothing

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

@hawesy get those predictions dusted off...... time to start studying

maybe 

a lot of agreement tonight so lets see if the mornings runs can finally play ball 

Screenshot_20190116-223055_Chrome.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
55 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

First of the proper snow showers is about 30 mins away north of here. Watch the easter ross hills steal all my snow. B'staards.

Yup. Thieves. Looks like the now-sublimed graupel will be my lot. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

@edo JMA 12z has made @Hawesy ' s prediction job easy  :oldrofl: :help: :shok:

J216-21.thumb.gif.38d4238a037d740daf9d0fe974ae0da1.gifJ228-21.thumb.gif.2a261e1495b2d2d68e29ac2c0949135c.gifJ240-21.thumb.gif.358c3ba1a7e61c9bd45650a0ffd1cdd6.gifJ252-21.thumb.gif.1f7caa5eb6d3adf8f02b26250004b546.gifJ264-21.thumb.gif.4f089dbb4ad54311b066957e0256be92.gif    

J216-7.thumb.gif.c362f453f15789701c2942d33c7f5c2d.gifJ204-594.thumb.gif.65caac9d2fffa5742a0dce520b52767b.gifJ252-594.thumb.gif.a42677d0ab764663cee39da758b67c11.gifJ264-594.thumb.gif.e7b5381e56f64f53e4c637d2c2f770cf.gif    

snow.thumb.png.9aed9642e02dd0c6d8ddbe014f88508c.png

• Like 6

Posted

ha ha @Kirkcaldy Weather you may not be wrong though.... the JMA has been consistent

thank. goodness for your sanity in the MT your posts are most appreciated

@ravelin doing well is good to see as was a bit snowstarved in recent times... and @Hairy Celt well its good to see you have something to be grumpy about.... think you will see some snaw soon though

where is @more snow

worryingly his profile does not even seem to be there... hope he is ok 

• Like 7

Posted

Snow cover on grass and cars.  Not sticking on road yet.  More top ups needed overnight!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

cheers @edo  :drinks: sometimes it is hard to keep a level head in the model thread and I wouldn't be surprised over the next few days to see more doom and gloom type posts should 1 or 2 runs align less favourably for UK cold / snow, that is the trick with these NW > SE moving lows (sliders) getting them not to go to far east, getting them to pull in enough colder air from the NE / E and having them at just the right depth as too weak and the precip lacks it is a fine line between snowy success and rainy misery but ATM I think we are moving increasingly into the snowy side of things.

found these on twitter

• Like 5

Posted

Just a few flakes here but ground starting to freeze up in 0c wind .Just been out and can see snow showers highlighted round the Firth by the moon.  Also  ironically we have a blanket of snowdrops under the horsechestnut shimmering in the moonlight just as winter temperatures arrive.

• Like 5

Posted

@edo I Yay. Flakes, several, nay many.

Lol, poor cats though, the 2 black ones stay in by the stove and grumble about 'Whiskas ain't what it used to be... Back in the day they at least had some nice pig foreskin, now all we get is rat testicles. Bleugh.'

Must get a white one next time.

@More Snow would appear to have gone the way of the parrot, or at least this version has. He may resurrect? Is he watching us??

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Inverness is covered in snow! :cold:

• Like 9

Posted
19 minutes ago, NorthernRab said:

Inverness is covered in snow! 

Expect thicker cover by sunrise some impressive convection pushing S wouldn’t surprise me if some wake up to 10cm if you’re lucky.

05C04CD6-EB97-4DFE-A342-42E63B40AAA7.thumb.png.f9e973d1e087bed09367d37f5fa25cfa.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Great to see the forum busy again, hopefully we are in for a nice cold snowy spell over the next few weeks  

I am going to catch up with what’s happening in the model thread. Looking forward to seeing @Kirkcaldy Weather posts

• Like 3

Posted

Morning all,

Nice to see some snow photos, led by @Northern Strath as usual! Nothing on the ground here in Broughty Ferry but there a are a few flakes blowing around in the wind this morning! 2c currently.

• Like 7

Posted
21 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Morning all,

Nice to see some snow photos, led by @Northern Strath as usual! Nothing on the ground here in Broughty Ferry but there a are a few flakes blowing around in the wind this morning! 2c currently.

my friend has seen light snow flurries and he stays in the houses up to the left just before you get to Dobbies 

nothing here but none expected either for now but we will get our chance soon 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

As the excitement builds Mistyqueen awoke to........ NAE SNAW! Only on the mountain tops, sleety stuff during the night but absolutely Baltic. Just looking at the charts others have posted, boyzoboyz, if that comes off some of us could be buried for a helluva while! Stay safe Peeps, it may look pretty but it's lethal! ❄⛄

• Like 5

Posted
59 minutes ago, edo said:

my friend has seen light snow flurries and he stays in the houses up to the left just before you get to Dobbies 

nothing here but none expected either for now but we will get our chance soon 

When I went out to the car there was the lightest of dustings. Broughty Ferry caught the worst of it though  there was nothing over the bridge in Fife.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
41 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

When I went out to the car there was the lightest of dustings. Broughty Ferry caught the worst of it though  there was nothing over the bridge in Fife.

There was a skiff (just) over on this side too. You could just about count the individual flakes on the grass.

Typical for here in a Northerly.

• Like 4