Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

2-3C this morning on the way to work and Moderate to Heavy rain. Seems to have been doing that outside ever since. A bit older and it could have been a lot more interesting. Forecast to snow later and overnight, exact detail change depending on when you look, and at what forecast you look, but expecting to wake up tomorrow morning to a white scene for a change. Pram filled with toys just in case I don't.

Beyond today/tomorrow, well I've given up trying to forecast/guess that, because the models at the moment seem to be more guesswork than forecast. Worst comes to the worst I'd settle for snow at the ski centres so I can at least go skiing.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

@Ravelin - If we don't at least get some decent hill snow followed by days we can use it, my toys won't just be flying, they'll be ground underfoot 

smashed.thumb.jpg.887c55167b328e262ac1ed3d02e5ce4d.jpg  or perhaps daubed with red jam? :whistling:dolly.thumb.jpg.8d15d6c0042d57d7630a83de2f4cbe32.jpg

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 3

Posted

Yes very November like today dark,  dreich and cold.Temperature down to 2c and we have constant  sleet falling after a showery morning.  Peased we are onto inside straw for bedding as it is nice and dry and just smells like harvest when you open them. Its good to get a reminder of warm sunny days at this time of year.

• Like 4

Posted

Have returned home to a small covering and -1c, further showers inbound this evening by the looks

Yes @Benvironment it’s been a very strange winter so far for nature, found a tick on the dog on Boxing Day (think the latest i’ve found one before is October) and the local Ant hills are far more active than they should be at this time of year

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero
19 minutes ago, Northern Strath said:

Have returned home to a small covering and -1c, further showers inbound this evening by the looks

Yes @Benvironment it’s been a very strange winter so far for nature, found a tick on the dog on Boxing Day (think the latest i’ve found one before is October) and the local Ant hills are far more active than they should be at this time of year

It's all a bit bonkers eh? Yeah a pal of mine had to remove a tick when he was in Northern Ireland over Christmas. I've done quite a few forest walks in Fife over the last month or so and I've been checking myself after every single one. Thankfully nothing but I really wouldn't be surprised to find one tbh.

• Like 4

Posted

Very sunny day in Edinburgh, especially this afternoon not even a cloud in sight. Highs of 7, now down to about 4. Thought it was supposed to rain today?

Feeling very chilly in the brisk wind, even though temperatures have been fairly high. 

Forecasts and models show some showers moving in from the NW later on, however I doubt they will get far past the Highlands before dying out. 

• Like 2

Posted
13 minutes ago, Benvironment said:

It's all a bit bonkers eh? Yeah a pal of mine had to remove a tick when he was in Northern Ireland over Christmas. I've done quite a few forest walks in Fife over the last month or so and I've been checking myself after every single one. Thankfully nothing but I really wouldn't be surprised to find one tbh.

Aye, bonkers indeed! Just thankful the Midges aren’t so stoic  Here’s one of the local ant hills, so impressive from such little guys

F16B9C01-4D8F-4071-9918-8AAD4ECBDE14.thumb.png.ab4a6d58898efb6d447dbfa44761ae4c.png

• Like 8

Posted

Just drove home from Fochabers to Alford through just about everything from rain through to proper heavy snow. Temps 1 to 2C most of the way but -1C as I arrived at house. Snow starting to lie as I came over hill to back of house, road still clear but very disconcerting driving with headlights against heavy snow. 

• Like 2

Posted

The rain has now turned rather sleety here and the temp is still falling very slowly - down to 2.5C (ish). Promises well for the morning 

Where's our resident Crieffer got to??

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms
24 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

The rain has now turned rather sleety here and the temp is still falling very slowly - down to 2.5C (ish). Promises well for the morning 

Where's our resident Crieffer got to??

There’s a rumour going around that the mods tracked down his i.p address then jumped in a car with duct tape and cable ties ❄️

• Like 5

Posted
33 minutes ago, biggreyface said:

There’s a rumour going around that the mods tracked down his i.p address then jumped in a car with duct tape and cable ties ❄️

You may be right. I just found some of his posts from last winter - his avatar has been replaced by a generic 'guest'.  I wonder what happened there.  He is/was one of those that made/makes this thread as entertaining as it is.

2.0C and very sleety now.

When did the UK last have a zombie as PM? :unsure2:

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

Hat off to the Met Office.

They've managed to forecast the hour, that the rain/sleet we've had today, changed to snow for my location.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer

Big wet flakes in Aberdeen now

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
50 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

When did the UK last have a zombie as PM? 

Screenshot_20190116-201413.png

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Not expecting anything here in Falkirk but looking forward to gazing jealously at other peoples snowy pics. 

Edited by snowidea
  • Like 4

Posted

0.8C, last ppn was graupel, a few bits frozen to the car roof, now it's bloody stopped. Almost the first dry spell all day, wouldyafesteringbelieveit?

• Like 2

Posted

The snow I drove home through stopped just after my last post, but started up again an hour or so ago. Everything now having a good go at turning white but from what little I can see due to utter darkness, not quite at the "can't see the grass" stage. Still by far the best snow event of this winter so far, but that's from a very poor start. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Getting as far South as Highland Perthshire now. Here is the road at Kinloch Rannoch

7AD6D71A-F585-4E41-8028-0F686451645F.jpeg

• Like 1