Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted

From M.W.I.S

PLANNING OUTLOOK

All mountain areas of Britain from Wednesday 16th January 2019

A cold front moves south on Wednesday, and freezing levels will drop markedly. Showers of snow or hail to increasingly low levels Weds-Thurs. Pressure then builds to leave fair and frosty conditions later in the week, although complications arise as low pressure and fronts try to edge in from the west. Some snow is possible, perhaps focused on Wales and N England. The general outlook into later January is cold, with snow accumulating on the mountains, but precise detail uncertain.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

Scroll down to The Daily Update  - https://www.weatherbell.com/ - the cold is on its way for us according to Joe Bastardi.

Canny wait tae see the white stuff.

Edited by Klippie
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

some great runs tonight.... including a superstorm that would see blizzards and powerlines down only 10 days away..... so ok thats not coming but plenty in Scotland seeing some snow later in the week and all eyes on next week to see if we can all join in the fun

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Nothing like a GFS v ECM battle running i to a potential cold spell. The GFS is the 1st pic, the ECM is 2nd. From +168hrs to +240hrs:

1501GFS00z1.thumb.jpg.03dee95ce7600db939297ed0edd53127.jpg1501ECM00z1.thumb.jpg.62a680080712aac6e5105c838580dab9.jpg

1501GFS00z2.thumb.jpg.8cbda42459b7907826d6af61f612dcb5.jpg1501ECM00z2.thumb.jpg.a3c8c72b12f80785f3ef89cbc9bedc5d.jpg

1501GFS00z3.thumb.jpg.241cb366ce35ccc6cde9b1653b9429a4.jpg1501ECM00z3.thumb.jpg.a0ff2f136548d80ae791d0c9daeaee41.jpg

1501GFS00z4.thumb.jpg.b9bb1c4a2f3f5dbbee45eb7d8aa6b2f5.jpg1501ECM00z4.thumb.jpg.b4cbb2bd0e5587f3394b368b5d237132.jpg

ECM was on the money with the beast from the east back in March ⛄

Posted

Met office outlook for Grampian, Highlands and  Eilean Siar 

Outlook for Thursday to Saturday:

Heavy snow showers and cold northerly winds easing with sunny spells developing through Thursday. Then mainly dry through Friday and Saturday with clear or sunny spells and widespread overnight frosts.

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 3

Posted

Very mild temperatures today it's currently 10.5°C here this afternoon. It's another cloudy day we had rain all night that stopped this morning. It's a bit windy again with the highest gust being 45mph so far.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

You can keep that amount of snow, waaaaaaaaayy too much for my liking! A couple of inches is fine, a wee dusting, just so's I can get around! That looks well scary!

2 hours ago, scottish skier said:

Austria today. Hopefully us next week (EDIT, ok, maybe just 10% of that would be just fine).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Mild day, probably the last for a while (hopefully). I'm expecting to see some snow here Wed night through into Thu morning, a covering at least would be nice. After that? Models keep doing major flips and churning out completely different scenarios so for now I have no real idea what if any, snow any of us will see beyond Thursday. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
2 hours ago, dragan said:

if the ecm is correct then my street in upper penicuik could get gobbleflappled by next wednesday 

1B61C302-222F-4E39-8A93-6049F7200D48.png

love that new word

GFS just backed the ECM tonight.... we could be on the cusp of this thread getting busy again...... its been a while 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Just in from work, I have not been on the MT for about 6 hours and there has been over 300 posts since my last visit. Everyone seems happy now as it looks like the beast from the East might well make a return. I done well from it last year so hopefully the same again if it comes off but as people have already said, no one knows what’s going to happen. Exciting times ahead

• Like 1

Posted

Oh dear. The mood on the model thread suggests some people get out of bed then straight away watch the sad part in Bambi 

• Like 3

Posted

Another damp grey morning..   A bit like the mood in the MT.     The BBCs longer range forecast last night described the difficulty in forecasting anything at the moment.  Could be cold next week or relatively mild.   The weather as always will do as it pleases.    Actually starting to get a bit scunnered with this weather now and looking forward to the longer days.  

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

It’s unbelievable how much the mood in the model thread changes with each run. Last night the beast was coming back and everyone was so happy and then I wake up to see it’s back to doom and gloom. I don’t think I will bother posting in there anymore. I still think Scotland will get something decent over the next few weeks. The models can’t be trusted just now but surely we will get a decent spell of cold and snowy weather before winter is over.

• Like 6

Posted
8 hours ago, Stormeh said:

Just in from work, I have not been on the MT for about 6 hours and there has been over 300 posts since my last visit. Everyone seems happy now as it looks like the beast from the East might well make a return. I done well from it last year so hopefully the same again if it comes off but as people have already said, no one knows what’s going to happen. Exciting times ahead

All change from last night, back to soon and gloom 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie
1 hour ago, Sceptical said:

Weather warnings issued for Grampian, Highlands and Eilean Siar - Snow and Ice Wednesday and Thursday.

Snow showers and Ice, with fresh/strong N to NW winds

1601mowarnFB.png

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

MetO have light back edge snaw the night for me after the rain. 

Should all then freeze up nicely. ☠️

• Like 6

Posted

Much colder today compared to yesterday a whole 5°C drop in temperature. Its been partly cloudy and sunny for most of the morning with some showers passing through quickly then back to sunshine. It was windy in the early part of this morning where a gust of 50mph was recorded. Further North in the Western Isles at Stornoway has had snow the picture below is from the Facebook page welovestornoway.com,

Untitled2 copy.jpg

• Like 8

Posted

Afternoon all,

Lovely day in St Andrews, blue skies sunshine and currently 7c/2c.

Not dusting off the snowfall predictions list just yet - keep in mind I only do it when there's widespread snowfall likely for many of us. Hopefully won't be long until it's needed! 

• Like 9