Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted

A much cooler feel this afternoon with some wintry  looking showers coming across the Firth. The yellow streamers from these showers suggest snow above 2500 feet. Currently 5c

• Like 8

Posted

Overnight at Seamill Hydro last night with the wife, dad & his wife. Got us rooms with ‘views over Arran’ which didn’t materialise. Still lovely to be by the coast despite the lack of views.  

Before breakfast this morning myself & the wife went for a walk on the beach in between heavy squally showers. Dry sand was shifting at a pace along the coastal wall like a stream in front of the hotel.

Took the coastal road home and snapped a rainbow from the car in Largs. I wasn’t driving! 

DB348B4D-908B-47F6-AD00-6CA184887D4B.jpeg

310C4192-6A62-4165-9A6A-62D1FD9E88AA.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

I love your posts in the MT @Kirkcaldy Weather

Keep it up! Exciting times ahead 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and Thunderstorms
25 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

ICON 18Z - More negative tilt on the low/greater chance of a snow event THIS Friday!! Lovely Jubbly!!

Before image.thumb.png.1ade19b385a56da086cb03a40400aeb2.png

After image.thumb.png.f9eb01296af4b31a0c895a414baa360d.png

Anyone know it this would give snow for Ayrshire?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
16 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

I love your posts in the MT @Kirkcaldy Weather

Keep it up! Exciting times ahead 

Thanks mate, I enjoy your posts too and also any other fellow Scots who dare to venture into the model thread. Incredible how fast the "winters over" type posters descend onto the thread after a less cold looking run or just to wind people up in general, as I have said a few times and this remains the case in the current outlook - if a run looks perhaps less cold / snowy for the UK look at the bigger picture - possible blocking which plenty of runs have been / are showing as we head later into January.

My reactions go a bit like this when the model thread descends into unnecessary chaos (nicely summed up by Scotland's very own Gordon Ramsay)

giphy.gif  giphy.gif giphy.gif  giphy.gif 

keep-calm-snow-is-coming-13.thumb.png.269842460eb7bcf7f1f00ca919cdfc00.png

• Like 6

Posted

Some beefy rain showers in Inverness today, first heavy rain for quite a while and enough to knock off some of the accumulated mud on the car!

Trip back to Aberdeenshire this evening pretty soggy, especially after Keith, but not that cold with a minimum of 4C recorded on the car thermometer when going through the Glens of Foudland.  Time will tell if there's any significant snow in the next couple of weeks, certainly been a paucity of it this winter so far.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Lovely clear morning here after a really cr*ppy weekend. Temp currently around the 8c mark. Big change on the way later this week by the looks of things with maybe even the much longed for SNAW making an appearance! One lives in hope! ⛄

• Like 4

Posted

Currently clear and-1c here this morning and Ben Wyvis across the Firth has a significant snow cap.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Morning all 

Glad to see reports of snow already! 

Cairngorms looking lovely and white this morning!

I am heading up to Aviemore for a few days on the 21st - looks Baltic from this Thursday onwards. (Hopefully I get snowed in!)

Have a good day! 

B7F9DBFC-CF3B-4B91-B6EB-CECAA7362B1B.png

• Like 7

Posted

Stunning winter morning, clear blue skies, no wind and the slightest snow covering.

Mixed results for the ski centres overnight, although Cairngorm and the Lecht webcams are encouranging this morning.

A colder week from Thursday onwards but dry, at least up until Sunday. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

I see I'm not the only one reporting a very light dusting of snow this morning. Going by the iced up state of the car it obviously rained first, then froze, then a few snow flakes to finish off. Surrounding hills also show the merest signs of snow on top. 

Around -1C at 8:30am and bright sunshine. I need to drive to Edinburgh and back today so not looking too bad a day for it. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 4

Posted

Beautiful sunny winters day, with just a little bit of warmth now in the sun - enough to get the greenhouse up to 14C at the moment.

Cold and frosty start and only just above freezing now.  As others have reported, the faintest trace of snow on the ground first thing lying on top of a thin layer of ice - all gone now bar areas still in the shade.

Going by the mood on the MOD and the forum on the other side, looks like the production of "Beast from the East Redux" is on hold.

• Like 1

Posted

A cloudy morning here and feeling colder than yesterday. It's starting to brighten up at the moment some sunshine out to the West from the Atlantic moving in.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Posted

Repeating bursts of cold seem to be the theme now. Waaaaay better than the continuous burst of meh we have had so far this winter.

• Like 4