people droning on.

I'm sure my neighbours would be horrified but I'd love one to find my where my cats are when it comes to rounding them up to come back in 🤣

I had a drone hovering around my house last Summer, Thought it was a swarm of Wasps at first what with the loud buzzing noise, Live very rural so ran for the shotgun but on return it had gone. I did wonder if it was burglers having a look so it made me very edgey. Do not agree with them at all except for the emergency services.

5 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

I had a drone hovering around my house last Summer, Thought it was a swarm of Wasps at first what with the loud buzzing noise, Live very rural so ran for the shotgun but on return it had gone. I did wonder if it was burglers having a look so it made me very edgey. Do not agree with them at all except for the emergency services.

There's a guy near us with what I assume is a professional  drone very lound and anoying too ,shame you couldn't get to shoot it 

hubs got one. we haven't used it.  been over a year.

Drones need to be properly controlled. They are a great tool especially for carrying out inspections of dangerous buildings or difficult locations

we will soon be able to make identical copies of ourselves, oh drones thought you meant cones

8 minutes ago, jonboy said:

Drones need to be properly controlled. They are a great tool especially for carrying out inspections of dangerous buildings or difficult locations

Indeed great potential in sar and firefighting  especially  the new heavy lift versions,  though regulation is needed 

4 hours ago, Snowycat said:

I'm sure my neighbours would be horrified but I'd love one to find my where my cats are when it comes to rounding them up to come back in 🤣

You can get small GPS collar trackers for that, comes with an app for your phone too 

54 minutes ago, Essex Easterly. said:

You can get small GPS collar trackers for that, comes with an app for your phone too 

Thankyou, yes you can.  A friend of mine has one for one of her cats Reuben as he goes off on hunting trips into the woodlands.  They are excellent, she can pinpoint Reuben quite accurately to bring him back home.  They are expensive though which is the drawback.        

They can be pretty useful for various things but like many things some people just have to be idiots with them. 😕

yep. I have seen wonderful footage from them from where I used to live, but it always takes 1 or 2 to spoil it for people who use them for a bit of fun. 

Our world in a nut shell.

9 hours ago, Dami said:

yep. I have seen wonderful footage from them from where I used to live, but it always takes 1 or 2 to spoil it for people who use them for a bit of fun. 

Our world in a nut shell.

Accurate summary, I'd say.

On 22/12/2018 at 18:16, Mokidugway said:

Indeed great potential in sar and firefighting  especially  the new heavy lift versions,  though regulation is needed 

Agree for the S in SAR to an extent, but as for the R bit it's either shank's pony or a full blown chopper...🚁

Just now, JeffC said:

Agree for the S in SAR to an extent, but as for the R bit it's either shank's pony or a full blown chopper...🚁

Tie a rope around ankle and drag down 😁

6 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Tie a rope around ankle and drag down 😁

That presupposes the ankle isn't likely to become detached...

12 minutes ago, JeffC said:

That presupposes the ankle isn't likely to become detached...

Perhaps  another appendage then ?🙄

9 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Perhaps  another appendage then ?🙄

I've generally found that manoeuvring them onto a stretcher makes for a better trip for them and us!

3 minutes ago, JeffC said:

I've generally found that manoeuvring them onto a stretcher makes for a better trip for them and us!

Unless of course they can walk, in which case, they walk!

1 minute ago, JeffC said:

Unless of course they can walk, in which case, they walk!

On serious note good job you guys are there  I've been to places where self evacuation is the only option unless you want to be a dusty skeleton  ,lol

3 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

On serious note good job you guys are there  I've been to places where self evacuation is the only option unless you want to be a dusty skeleton  ,lol

Yes I once went to Walney

10 minutes ago, JeffC said:

Yes I once went to Walney

True wilderness ,scary 🤢in a stupid moment I expressed an interest in buying the coast guard tower 🤓