Cold?
IGNORED

Winter weather chat, moans, banter and ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Aaaaaaarrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhh we are being invaded there's a huge yellow thing in the sky it's blinding me the aliens are coming where did this UFO come from which Galaxy.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme cold, hot sunny summer's and autumn storms
On 04/01/2019 at 16:15, Evening Star said:

This is always the slowest part of the year for me.  Long, cold nights and dark days really sap the energy out of me.  Invested in one of those daylight lamps that simulates sunrise in the morning but nothing beats an actual sunny morning.  I'm hoping this year brings plenty of warm, calm and sunny mornings.  Absolutely love sitting outside with a morning coffee just listening to the birdsong, absolute bliss...

Thats the only thing keeping from reaching for the Prozac. (Waiting for cold) sitting on my back step with my cupper still darkish and the sparrows/finches all fighting who's sitting on the feeders 1st

Posted

Brilliant Sunshine !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Same here Pit, the most sun I've seen this year and a temperature on 10.2 C. Best get the deck chair out before the Beast from the East appears!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Have to admit here in Sheffield it's been the most boring start to winter in a while.stagnant and boring.todays nice and bright tho so hay ho .still waiting for my first sleet shower of the season!!!

• Like 1

Posted

I'm very very excited for tomorrow afternoon (and maybe the afternoon after) for a spot of sunbathing as it is set to be sunny for two or three hours according to the MetO.

I will then subsequently crawl back into my weather hovel for another week of cloudy, damp and drizzly hell.

Posted
4 minutes ago, parrotingfantasist said:

I'm very very excited for tomorrow afternoon (and maybe the afternoon after) for a spot of sunbathing as it is set to be sunny for two or three hours according to the MetO.

I will then subsequently crawl back into my weather hovel for another week of cloudy, damp and drizzly hell.

Sadly that system won't be anything of interest to us since everything shifted further north. Still may see some sun in the morning. Unfortunately the local forecast is a change to mild nothingness with cloud around. But then they were wrong for today.

Posted

The only excitment I can see is sunny Tuesday and Wednesday and even that could turn cloudy.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

SOOOOOOOOO BORING right now!!! I just want the snow NOW. Ah there we go. That was building up for a while after the endless arguments in the main thread.

• Like 1

Posted
16 hours ago, Aleman said:

Some pics of what we are missing in central and eastern Europe - snow on southern Greek and Italian beaches, drifts and blizzards further north.

https://wolnosc24.pl/2019/01/04/europa-pod-sniegiem-zobacz-jak-wygladaja-balkany-czy-wlochy-w-grecji-minus-10-stopni-celsjusza/

Nice pictures though most are from mountainous regions. I noticed in mod thread that some think Europe is in the freezer but we definitely are not. It has been struggle to get ice days even here in Central Europe. These cold snaps last two days at max and while the uppers may look impressive, surface conditions often are not. You get snow one day, heavy rain the next. But yeah, there really is lots of snow in mountains, pretty much the only positive this winter has so far.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Snowyowl9 said:

The only excitment I can see is sunny Tuesday and Wednesday and even that could turn cloudy.

Wednesday got the return of cloud for us. Then dull mid nothingness after from Thursday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
2 hours ago, Leon1 said:

SOOOOOOOOO BORING right now!!! I just want the snow NOW. Ah there we go. That was building up for a while after the endless arguments in the main thread.

Couldn’t agree more. Friday was a welcome respite from the mild cloudy nothingness but it’s firmly back now.  

As the for the other thread, if you want to wake up feeling depressed then it’s the place for you at the moment, just make sure you look at it as soon as you wake up  

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 hours ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Tuesday shocker here, could be wet with showers streaming through the Cheshire Gap

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 hours ago, Leon1 said:

this location sucks, not seen a flake since mini beast 2 on 17th March

• Like 1

Posted

still no sunshine to be seen here, cloudy skies once again, not in the least bit cold, was fantastic running conditions this morning though, 6.24 miles completed in an hour and 11 mins, still on a high from our Carrow Road trip for the footy yesterday,  so with this winter going out on a wimper, lets have warmer temps and sunnier skies.

Posted

At least its dry I suppose,never seen such a long dry spell this time of year under mostly mild conditions,yes we had a few sharp frosts last week made -3.8c biggest thrill of this winter so far max 2.5c

Posted

Luckily i hadn’t bored people in the pub with tales of SSW etc and how we are going into the freezer from mid Jan - would have ended up looking like a right chump - not that that’s unusual 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
16 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Been scouring Europe for some live snowfall....here you go from Tromso...

https://www.weatherbug.com/traffic-cam/?latlng=69.546455,19.00797

i just need to look out my window..to see a few feet of snow..oh the joys of shoveling the drive at 6.30am...pffff..roll on spring 

Posted
5 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

i just need to look out my window..to see a few feet of snow..oh the joys of shoveling the drive at 6.30am...pffff..roll on spring 

Typical Canadian lol. Once you’ve seen the snow, your sick of it. 

All it will take is 2 days of snowfall across the UK and people will be moaning lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
36 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Typical Canadian lol. Once you’ve seen the snow, your sick of it. 

All it will take is 2 days of snowfall across the UK and people will be moaning lol.

Canadian?...was your mouth out right now

Posted

You have to admit, although still a low probability (and a long way to go this season) the chances are increasing for some not to see a single snow flake this winter    :wallbash:  happened a few years ago here in the fens!! 

• Like 1