Cold?
IGNORED

Winter weather chat, moans, banter and ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
1 minute ago, sorepaw1 said:

I know what you mean. 

The only saving grace is the last 3 runs from GFS 18z 00z and the 06z been consistently showing some winteryness

At T216 and beyond and thats a big if.

There's more bullying and clicking  in  here at times than prison 

Ive been a member since early 2014 i don't think its that much of a friendly forum tbh.

I have tried to delete my profile but i don't know how to.

Contact Paul via PM or post a message in the private forum where only the forum team can see it https://www.netweather.tv/forum/forum/171-contact-the-forum-team-private-forum/

• Thanks 1

Posted

Well, the first al fresco lunch arrived early this year. I mean the first day when I can sit out at midday without a jacket and have a coffee and sandwich without feeling cold. It's 3-4C cooler than the weekend, at 7.5C, but the keys to comfort are no wind and lots of lovely sunshine through dryish air. Dark coloured clothes help quite a bit. The plants are enjoying it, too. Apart from one or two scattered flowers out oddly early - notably some self-seeded pansies - I see my strawberry plants are growing in a corner where they get good sun and one of my raspberry canes has green buds trying to break open. Spring is here and it feels great out! No doubt Mother Nature has engineered this as a contrast to tease us and will snuff it out with wintery greyness and sleety wet rain again soon.

Edited by Aleman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Roll on February!:olddoh:

Posted

Still no decent snowfall anywhere is their.Even places like North york moors and the villages their nothing.You would expect higher level places to see at least one decent snowfall by mid January.Even the highlands have very little snow.

This winter is pathetic so far,this Azores High now becoming a pain regarding the colder weather that is supposedly incoming soon.

Dont think i will trust any long range seasonal model again.Werent they predicting HLB for J F well still waiting for that!

Edited by SLEETY
  • Like 1

Posted

well as much as i hate to say it this winter is close to being a bust cold and snow wise,i know people will say there is plenty of winter left but with cold being delayed and delayed, rarely making in any closer than the magical day 10, i think its going to be one of them close but no cigar kinda winters, still, on the plus side its keeping the heating bill down and half marathon running training much more enjoyable.

• Like 1

Posted
21 hours ago, Aleman said:

Countryfile's bulletin said cold lovers will find the week after next "interesting", after already predicting a cold second half next week. What next - "deeply interesting"?

bet they regret saying that now, lol

Posted
1 hour ago, sparky1972 said:

well as much as i hate to say it this winter is close to being a bust cold and snow wise,i know people will say there is plenty of winter left but with cold being delayed and delayed, rarely making in any closer than the magical day 10, i think its going to be one of them close but no cigar kinda winters, still, on the plus side its keeping the heating bill down and half marathon running training much more enjoyable.

All ive seen is members looking so far ahead on the hunt for cold discussion and getting excited over charts that were never going to materialise, so pleased no one is making any comments on there no more, the killer has been the stubborn high pressure whether anything changes in the next couple of weeks will have to see.

Les

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
41 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Still a usable  6 weeks before the Sun's strength  starts to parch  the land  ,but times against it 

WINTER IS OVER

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
Just now, Mokidugway said:
1 minute ago, sparky1972 said:

if its cold and snow people are after then winter never started, lol

It is ,over Russia

You are both spot on lol

• Like 1

Posted

oh dear, people getting awfully excited in the Mod thread again, charts that are 10 days away, showing lots of cold and a bit of snow, when will they learn that come tomorrow morning they will all be gone, then doom will set in and winters over, just like yesterday evenings output and this mornings doom. lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
1 hour ago, sparky1972 said:

if its cold and snow people are after then winter never started, lol

Started here in the summer..people who want cold and snow need shooting

Posted
6 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Started here in the summer..people who want cold and snow need shooting

Or don't move to somewhere like..... Canada perhaps, that's a self inflicted shot in the foot.

Posted
Just now, DAVID SNOW said:

Or don't move to somewhere like..... Canada perhaps, that's a self inflicted shot in the foot.

i didn't move here for the weather..just wads of cash plain and simple

Posted
Just now, cheeky_monkey said:

i didn't move here for the weather..just wads of cash plain and simple

Enjoy the money then and stop moaning about the weather!

Posted
1 minute ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Enjoy the money then and stop moaning about the weather!

this is a moan thread..please read the title..cheers

Posted
2 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

this is a moan thread..please read the title..cheers

Moaning about something that  you knew 100% was going to happen seems odd, to me anyway.

• Thanks 1

Posted

9 days worth of snow now coming into frame - Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat 19th ... Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat 26th. No more than 2C all the way from 17th to 27th. Wind to go with this week's snow.

https://www.netweather.tv/weather-forecasts/uk/7-day/31666~Yorkshire Dales National Park

Will it really happen and will it reach lower levels?

Edited by Aleman

Posted

And just watched Darren Bent on BBC 24 and no snow mentioned for here between now and Saturday.  HHhhmmm ....

So which do I moan about!?

Edited by Aleman

Posted
Just now, Aleman said:

And just watched Darren Bent on BBC 24 and no snow mentioned for here between now and Saturday.  HHhhmmm ....

The forecasts I've checked show snow for some Wednesday into Thursday, then cold and dry up to Sunday.

Any forecast 3 days+, I tend to ignore.

For actual snow forecasts, I don't put much stock in anything  a day or two in advance. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
11 minutes ago, Aleman said:

So which do I moan about!?

he may be right, the real interest starts around 22nd, lots of GFS runs, bring PV chunk right over us, now EC too, deep FI, but being modelled a lot

ECM1-216.GIF?14-0ECM1-240.GIF?14-0

Posted

BBC have picked up snow for Pennines/Yorkshire Dales on Wednesday afternoon but Netweather is has more sleet for rest of week now. That means we're probably going to get cold rain!

On a better note, it's 10C+ and mostly sunny out and I've just mowed the lawn in the middle of January! It must have needed it - I only did the back and got 6 bags of about 70% grass and 30% leaves. I even had to dodge various daff/narcissus shoots that are starting to make themselves obvious. It looks much better and I enjoyed the fresh air and spring-like warmth. It feels more like early March - but will March be spring or winter when it gets here?

Edited by Aleman