Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter weather chat, moans, banter and ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Historical weather events. ❤ the seasons! Winters crisp snow!

23rd of February Elephant and Castle lol ✳

Posted

I've probably put a dampner on the snow now - just ordered two snow shovels. Never owned one, looks like the weather is getting snowy so took the plunge. 

Would love the need to use them in a week or so

Posted
13 minutes ago, runboy said:

I've probably put a dampner on the snow now - just ordered two snow shovels. Never owned one, looks like the weather is getting snowy so took the plunge. 

Would love the need to use them in a week or so

Sat here kicking myself. I sold my snowblower back in September. 

Posted

Evening all.  Been in the mad thread seeing what is going on.  Seems very  northern based posters in there apart from the usual expert posters.  I don't think we are going to get much snow during the start of this cold snap but later on I think we could be in with a good chance of some.

Part of me would love to see tons of snow but the other part of me is dreading it if we get anything really heavy.

Still I am enjoying watching it all evolve.

SQ1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Gotta love the far FI. (And i mean FAR FAR!!!)

h850t850eu.png

Still. Looks like there is cold en route.

More of a westerly shift of any of this and we could be in for a good run of cold with plenty of snow showers. Especially when pushing from the NW WOOP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

chasing mirages

sometimes, the model thread feels that way

hysteria...depression..on again...off again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

As I have to travel to Gatwick overnight on Wednesday 23rd as I’m off to Tunisia on holiday, can we get to at least 6am without snow please that day? 

I have a feeling it’s going to be an interesting drive.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

The Day After Tomorrow is on the telly again tonight, that has skurpered the upcoming cold spell for sure ;)

6 hours ago, philglossop said:

As I have to travel to Gatwick overnight on Wednesday 23rd as I’m off to Tunisia on holiday, can we get to at least 6am without snow please that day? 

I have a feeling it’s going to be an interesting drive.....

I fly off on the Monday so hope I miss it

Posted

Not holding out much hope with regard snow, seems there is alot of doom and gloom in the model thread, bbc forecast only has temps as low as 7c by next weekend, and longer range for mby temps only down to 4c, so nothing really cold, just normal uk winter stuff i think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
4 hours ago, sparky1972 said:

Not holding out much hope with regard snow, seems there is alot of doom and gloom in the model thread, bbc forecast only has temps as low as 7c by next weekend, and longer range for mby temps only down to 4c, so nothing really cold, just normal uk winter stuff i think.

latest bbc weather forecast has gone for increased chance of bitter cold and snow after next week

• Like 2

Posted

If it does manage to snow in the next few weeks it'll be interesting for me as i'm starting a new job tomorrow and I have a BMW.

The bad thing is, the office is less than a mile from my house so in theory I could attempt walking it, whereas before it was 20 miles away.

• Like 1

Posted

morning all, still nothing to get excited about in the forecasts this morning, although the mood in the mod thread seems a bit more upbeat but caution is a must.  right im off to get my half Marathon training run out the way before the strong winds arrive, hopefully a good day of model watching to come after that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
4 minutes ago, Azazel said:

If it does manage to snow in the next few weeks it'll be interesting for me as i'm starting a new job tomorrow and I have a BMW.

The bad thing is, the office is less than a mile from my house so in theory I could attempt walking it, whereas before it was 20 miles away.

With a BMW it would be quicker and safer walking! !

Good to see the ECM finally stop flopping around every which way and start to come in line with Meto. GfS will follow once the first flakes start to fall. 

Posted
Just now, matty40s said:

With a BMW it would be quicker and safer walking! !

Good to see the ECM finally stop flopping around every which way and start to come in line with Meto. GfS will follow once the first flakes start to fall. 

I know right! plus i only passed my test in October so not really had much experience with adverse weather haha.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I own a BMW X5, with the factory fitted 20" wheels its a nightmare in winter conditions. My advice would be buy a set of winter alloys and tyres. 

I do a lot of snowboarding, which can mean driving driving in atrocious conditions, with winter wheels and tyres, the X5 is very competent.

Obviously if you hit black ice, there's not much you can do.

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, Sceptical said:

I own a BMW X5, with the factory fitted 20" wheels its a nightmare in winter conditions. My advice would be buy a set of winter alloys and tyres. 

Obviously if you hit black ice, there's not much you can do.

I definitely will for next year - completely broke currently. I'll just leave the car at home if there's snow/ice on the ground.

• Like 1

Posted

well that was a windy old training run, nice to see there is still some optimism on the Model Thread about things turning cooler, for MBY its looking dry with temps no lower than 4c so running should still be ok. 

Posted
15 minutes ago, sparky1972 said:

well that was a windy old training run, nice to see there is still some optimism on the Model Thread about things turning cooler, for MBY its looking dry with temps no lower than 4c so running should still be ok. 

Temperatures are already heading south up here, heavy snow forecast for Glenshee ski centre today. 

Fingers crossed the webcam shows something positive tomorrow:

https://www.ski-glenshee.co.uk/Webcam

Posted

Countryfile's bulletin said cold lovers will find the week after next "interesting", after already predicting a cold second half next week. What next - "deeply interesting"?

Edited by Aleman

Posted

i think we have been here before, peoples hopes have been raised with this evenings output if its cold you like, but how many times have we woken up the next morning only to have our hopes shattered.

Posted

Radar already showing sleet on Yorkshire Wolds (100-250m)  after a touch of snow high up at the Scottish border. All trivial amounts but was not expecting anything until later in the week so bodes well for those wanting to see a taste of winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Sadly it is looking like i was right,the "cold weather" that has been shown up just keeps being downgraded as soon as we approach it. I can only really see a very poor,mild,snow-less winter for most

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All seasons veteran of the 1981 winter
46 minutes ago, markyo said:

Sadly it is looking like i was right,the "cold weather" that has been shown up just keeps being downgraded as soon as we approach it. I can only really see a very poor,mild,snow-less winter for most

I know what you mean. 

The only saving grace is the last 3 runs from GFS 18z 00z and the 06z been consistently showing some winteryness

At T216 and beyond and thats a big if.

There's more bullying and clicking  in  here at times than prison 

Ive been a member since early 2014 i don't think its that much of a friendly forum tbh.

I have tried to delete my profile but i don't know how to.