Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

7 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

This weather is bloody miserable. Hasn't stopped raining here in about 36 hours.

I'm not confident of snow chances here in the East next week but I always hope for upgrades!

Getting the to stage where I’m starting to say roll on summer

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

good luck ireland ?  

Definitely good to see Pom. I really have a feeling that we are going in to the freezer whether or not we see a pile of snow or not then I will settle for ice days and winter sunshine. Here is a few s

Posted Images

Persistent heavy rain and gusty wind since 1am ish. Will be flooding here today, rainfall accumulation fc plus what's fallen lately doesn't look good for Donegal. 

Met Eireann mention the possibility of frontal snowfall Sunday night for ulster and parts of Connacht. Hopefully we all see some snow as next week progresses. 

1 hour ago, Donegal said:

Persistent heavy rain and gusty wind since 1am ish. Will be flooding here today, rainfall accumulation fc plus what's fallen lately doesn't look good for Donegal. 

Met Eireann mention the possibility of frontal snowfall Sunday night for ulster and parts of Connacht. Hopefully we all see some snow as next week progresses. 

No end in sight to the wind and rain. Low after low after low for the next 14 days at least. 

The only comfort is the odd days with Pm air giving the chance of snow for some.

• Like 1

Confidence growing in spell of snow lasting 3 to 5 hours before turning back to rain on the back edge for Sunday night. Ulster and parts of Connacht looking at decent accumulations even if temporary. Stormy Monday then before turning colder in the evening with more snow chances. 

On 21/02/2020 at 07:25, Donegal said:

No end to the Atlantic onslaught in sight. Low after low after low.

Some Pm air on occasion gives some snow chances but generally just wet and windy.

1 hour ago, Donegal said:

Gfs 4am 7am. Icon total accumulated snow for Sunday/Monday. Looks like a dumping. Last frontal snow here was March last year. Sunday night will be a late one

Screenshot_20200222_161407_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200222_161422_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200222_163520_com.android.chrome.jpg

Is it not cruel though that it’s going to dump snow in the middle of the night then wash it away by morning?!

21 minutes ago, Sparky72 said:

Is it not cruel though that it’s going to dump snow in the middle of the night then wash it away by morning?!

Tis better to have dumped and washed than to never have dumped at all ?

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, Sparky72 said:

Yeah but better than nothing after the winter we've had. Plus it plenty falls maybe a decent bit could last until the evening when it cools down. I'd be happy with it falling for a couple of hours at this rate ha

Hirlam keeps the cold across the north for longer. 2 3 c at 1pm during Monday. 10 to 12c in the south. Chance it could all be snow up here especially higher up. We'll know more tomorrow but as long as it snows and accumulates even if temporary I'll be happy with that. 

Haven't been looking too much at charts recently and have only caught up with this snow risk for Sunday into Monday. Looks good for me! 

Had a boat at the GFS ens for 12z and its not often you see snow risk for every single time frame from beginning to end!! 

Screenshot_20200222_191028.jpg