Mapantz

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

1 hour ago, sundog said:

I'd say the north and north west could do well at the end of the month.  Seems the only place that gets snow for most of last  number of winters ,apart from the beast from the east of course. 

Yeah but can't recall any of the snowfalls being from an actually proper Northerly. They're as rare as hens teeth nowadays. Polar maritime almost always. 

Next week looks interesting from Monday through to Friday, will get a couple of charts up later

On 17/01/2020 at 23:28, booferking said:

I'm amazed that there was laying snow arrived back never seen any snow at the foot of Slieve Gallion so took it as another no show never seen any reports on donegal weather channel or NI Weather and flood Advisory Service wonder did @Sperrin get any there was a heavy organised band of percipation that went through just before lunchtime i think tho.

Haven't been on here in days (this winter just not doing it!) but can confirm we had no lying snow at all this winter 😞

ECM goes for a countrywide snowstorm next Tuesday if only..

snowdepth_20200121_12_162.jpg

Edited by booferking

Might we (higher ground in NW) see our first taste of winter so far next week? Looking cold and showery from Sunday night through the week. High probability of snow showing around the 28th on 18z.

graphe3_1000___-7.3_54.6_Omagh (7).gif

Looks great, would be lovely even to see a few flakes, but met office not having any of it?! They’re not even forecasting much in the way of wind?

Monday and Tuesday going by GFS look good, hopefully see MetO onboard and can start polishing sledge

FE417F85-E42B-42FA-AC58-71B662495BA8.png

0196B362-09DE-40EA-AA72-DFC12D60741F.png

69C39703-2ABC-4D26-ACCF-6BD76CFA5C1C.png

I see the snow potential has shifted again for the start of next week and I’m sure there’ll be many more shifts before the weekend, some good , some bad! At Least it’s something to watch, but’ll have to try not to get hopes up. Maybe if I go with the met office I’ll not be disappointed. 😆

Snow symbols appearing on MetO app for my location Tuesday, I know I know, but good to see when flicking through GFS charts

Met office latest update NI. Can't remember the last time they mentioned lying snow. 

Sunday:

Mainly dry and bright with some sunny spells. Isolated daytime showers, but the showers becoming heavier and more widespread through the evening and turning wintry at times. Maximum temperature 8 °C.

Outlook for Monday to Wednesday:

Colder with wintry showers and night frost. Lying snow possible at times. Some clear and sunny conditions too.

Met Eireann 

Weather Advisory for Ireland

Cold and wintry weather will develop from Sunday evening. Showers of hail, sleet and snow will occur in places. Snow showers most frequent in Ulster and Connacht and especially so on high ground.

Valid: 18:00 Sunday 26/01/2020 to 15:00 Tuesday 28/01/2020

17 minutes ago, Sparky72 said:

I’m still not buying it... unless you live at the top of errigal!!

Now there's an air bnb worth doing 

Temps falling now after maxing out at 6c at 2pm. Currently 5.4c.

0.9c now! Big drop in temps under clear skies.

stained glass windowing Baltic out there, just beginning to thaw out after the Tyrone match. 

I'm pretty confident I'll be seeing first decent snow of the winter tonight and through next few days. Band of precipitation moving up through the south looks to be a wintry mix already. 

Band of precipitation moving north east direction, back edge heavy sleet based on radar

CA1BEA8C-B701-48E4-A118-C40581CC39B9.png

Temps got down to 0.5c briefly but wind has picked up and cloud moved in ahead of the rainband. Temp has risen to 2.4c. will be sleet at best I'd say.

That band was sleety rain in East mayo

Snowing in Derry but shows as sleet on radar ...hope for the day maybe 

Bit of a covering this morning. Sun is out now, quite windy, temp is 1.5c.