Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Posted

Lots of heavy downpours here today (rinse and repeat for the last few weeks!) and some hail and sleet in the mix. I'd imagine we'll see white tops on the Dublin mountains in the morning!

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 3.2k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took the Drone up for a wee shot of Derry this morning. Great to see some snow on the ground.

good luck ireland ?  

Definitely good to see Pom. I really have a feeling that we are going in to the freezer whether or not we see a pile of snow or not then I will settle for ice days and winter sunshine. Here is a few s

Posted Images

Posted
    19 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

Monday evening into Tuesday showing some potential covering a good part of the country. 

5D2AE465-0CEE-4ACE-82EC-E32DC56A1036.png

BD72DF9B-40BC-4F24-9301-F5B6EE596B6E.png

FA897A4C-E1F4-430B-A0CF-9AA6055C11E3.png

266253F7-D808-4ED7-995D-1B88BF99FDC2.png

Hmmm just on the Northern edge of this, if it would like to come a wee bit further north that would be sound ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

My aunt in Kildare sent me this, she's in Monasterevan but not sure where this was taken exactly, perhaps somewhere w/ elevation? Not sure how low level the snow is for you

image.thumb.png.7f8b1b234030ddcc0053bbc88dc8d2d1.png

• Like 2
    On 17/11/2019 at 11:47, Donegal said:

Tonight could be the coldest night yet of this Season. I'll go with -6 Castlederg, slim -7. 

Was -5 at few locations including Castlederg. Mentioned earlier on the forecast it was the coldest night of the season. I think katesbridge was the coldest spot at -5.3. Back to wetter dross for this week now. 

Posted

Car was reading -4.5c this morning outside aughnacloy. Some bits of frost didn't melt all day. Lovely weather.

Posted
    Just now, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Ohhh????

Models firming up on the whole PV shifting East of the Greenwich Meridian with associated upper height rises over Greenland. 

The prospects of a North to North Easterly airstream are increasing for the start if Winter proper.

• Like 1
    Posted
    1 hour ago, mountain shadow said:

Models firming up on the whole PV shifting East of the Greenwich Meridian with associated upper height rises over Greenland. 

The prospects of a North to North Easterly airstream are increasing for the start if Winter proper.

North Easterly would be good for you folk in the east ?

Posted
    49 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

North Easterly would be good for you folk in the east ?

North Easterly is crap for us here due to the short sea track, actually better for the NW strangely. 

A straight Easterly or South Easterly or Northerly is better.

• Like 1
    Posted

Let's hope it delivers. Very mild today at 9c. A north easterly wind would be quite unusual for us?

Posted

A lovely Greenland High as we head towards the start on Winter ? Things looking good but think I'll hold off getting excited until we are inside 72 hours. Lol

Posted
    7 minutes ago, ronan said:

A lovely Greenland High as we head towards the start on Winter ? Things looking good but think I'll hold off getting excited until we are inside 72 hours. Lol

We're not seeing a proper (Upper High) Greenland high just yet so you're right not to get excited yet.

• Like 1
    Posted
    1 hour ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

A bit of excitement in the model thread today, not sure if there is any impact for us?

Definitely plenty to get excited about after this evenings runs. Not getting my hopes up just yet but. 

• Like 1
    Posted

The models have settled on a brief colder snap this weekend. Doesn't look great for snow for Ireland but certainly colder and thankfully drier. Then we will get a brief Westerly spell and the chance of a better Northerly around the 9th.

• Like 1
    Posted
    4 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

The models have settled on a brief colder snap this weekend. Doesn't look great for snow for Ireland but certainly colder and thankfully drier. Then we will get a brief Westerly spell and the chance of a better Northerly around the 9th.

Ens 12 for the reload please.

gensnh-12-1-324.png

• Like 2