Mapantz

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Just above freezing here now with a hard frost to come. Still snow on the grass and verges. 

Is it seriously snowing in Banbridge? Lol I seen it on FB - CoolFM. I was so getting used to this lovely springlike weather last week. 

GFS looks pretty solid to take us back in to winter from next Sunday. Haven't been in the Model thread in quite a while so not sure how the other models are shaping up?

15 minutes ago, ronan said:

GFS looks pretty solid to take us back in to winter from next Sunday. Haven't been in the Model thread in quite a while so not sure how the other models are shaping up?

Came on for a wee look as haven’t been on in ages, thought winter was over, from next Sunday it looks like it’s going to being Ronan.

Plenty of snow potential from Saturday/Sunday onwards with the following weekend potential offering a country wide event.

Was rather looking forward to getting the garden sorted for summer but may have to delay those plans.

8E38DC74-BA6B-4B22-B244-C87517C3CC89.png

45 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

Came on for a wee look as haven’t been on in ages, thought winter was over, from next Sunday it looks like it’s going to being Ronan.

Plenty of snow potential from Saturday/Sunday onwards with the following weekend potential offering a country wide event.

Was rather looking forward to getting the garden sorted for summer but may have to delay those plans.

8E38DC74-BA6B-4B22-B244-C87517C3CC89.png

Lol I just said to my other half today that I can't wait to get the garden sorted!! It's now on hold for a while. Back to Iceland for some late season Northern Lights hunting in 3 weeks time. Looks like we could be snowed in up there!!

Edited by ronan

I love the cold and snow but I'm ready for the warmth now. I was beginning to like the warmer days, all this is gonna do is give me a cold or flu with these dramatic weather changes again 😢

No interest in the upcoming cold and snow from late Saturday into next week or has everyone had enough of this crap winter? 

38 minutes ago, ronan said:

No interest in the upcoming cold and snow from late Saturday into next week or has everyone had enough of this crap winter? 

Depends on whether we’re going to get meaningful settling white stuff or cold mushiness!!

seems undecided still yet...

7 hours ago, ronan said:

Zero interest Ronan, a very disappointing winter given all the so called background signals. In short Winter can go bye bye now 👍

Yeah think it's time for a bit of spring warmth. I need to get in to the garden!! Lol.

Tbh looks like possibly a few hours of wintry showers followed by a few days of rain.... bring on the spring!

54 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

GFS 6z is bullish about a bit of snow during Sunday in Ulster.

GFS been bullish on this for over a week. 

6 minutes ago, ronan said:

GFS been bullish on this for over a week. 

Let's just hope it's not bullshi*!

Well it has have us plenty of that the past 5 months. Lol 

Nice to see as wasn't expecting anything until tonight or tomorrow

Rain, hail, snow, wind, thunder and lightening, sunshine ...... crazy day