Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Mapantz

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Recommended Posts

Seems to be weakening and fragmenting over the midlands. Is there possibility of reinvigoration as it begins to retreat south? 

Clutching at straws here hah!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mixer 85 said:

Seems to be weakening and fragmenting over the midlands. Is there possibility of reinvigoration as it begins to retreat south? 

Clutching at straws here hah!

Nah, it's fading away as it moves South East. Turned into a bit of a disappointment all round I think.

"Potential" for an Easterly after next weekend though... 🙂 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mountain shadow said:

Nah, it's fading away as it moves South East. Turned into a bit of a disappointment all round I think.

"Potential" for an Easterly after next weekend though... 🙂 

Tbh I’m starting to loose faith with the ongoing potential this winter. So far it seems to be one of eternal optimism with little to show. Thankfully we’ve the full month of February to go and we all know how quickly things can escalate once a signal establishes itself. Perhaps after Sunday’s slidergate I’ll have the patience to venture back into the Southern English...ah-em sorry the MOD thread for a more broad brush balanced outlook. For now, thanks for the update Mountain Shadow 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has been a non event so far Cold drizzle and a tad bit windy except if you live on a mountain top🙄

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the snow event is a disappointment going by the various regional threads! Unless it kicks in later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weirdly the snow melted more today than it did yesterday, yet the temperature was 1c lower today and no sun compared to yesterday.  Still have some. Dew point temperature reason why? Any ideas? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s it!! I’m away out to rent a wood chipper and dance round the garden in the nip as the missus feeds aero-board into it. 🤪

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’re all welcome to join me if ya chip in a few bob for the hire 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mixer 85 said:

That’s it!! I’m away out to rent a wood chipper and dance round the garden in the nip as the missus feeds aero-board into it. 🤪

Careful you don't dance to close to it 😂

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up at the club earlier and it started to bucket down snow, but as I drove home it turned to sleet. Still sleeting now despite the radar saying snow.

 

Just the wrong side of marginal I guess.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typical really.....heavy rain all day yesterday here as the front moved in. Turned to snow from 8pm last night and snowed through until the hourly hours but apart from a few short heavy bursts it just wasn't heavy enough to settle on the very wet ground. If it had been an all snow event most of the island would be buried....just too marginal this time round.

Models look poor for the foreseeable after tomorrow so probably looking at mid Feb at least before we get another shot......still hope I guess and I know some got snow Earlier in the week and a few lucky places yesterday,  but these favourable back ground signals we have read about since November just havnt produced so far this winter in a meaningful way 

Edited by Bottled Snow
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm interesting. Be nice to have even just alittle bit of snow before mild mush comes back in.

20190201_090912.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jello said:

Hmmm interesting. Be nice to have even just alittle bit of snow before mild mush comes back in.

20190201_090912.jpg

Well, they were forecasting 7 degrees in Belfast today from a Northerly/North Easterly air stream so it will need to turn much much colder.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mountain shadow said:

Well, they were forecasting 7 degrees in Belfast today from a Northerly/North Easterly air stream so it will need to turn much much colder.

Was thinking that too lol.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bottled Snow said:

Typical really.....heavy rain all day yesterday here as the front moved in. Turned to snow from 8pm last night and snowed through until the hourly hours but apart from a few short heavy bursts it just wasn't heavy enough to settle on the very wet ground. If it had been an all snow event most of the island would be buried....just too marginal this time round.

Models look poor for the foreseeable after tomorrow so probably looking at mid Feb at least before we get another shot......still hope I guess and I know some got snow Earlier in the week and a few lucky places yesterday,  but these favourable back ground signals we have read about since November just havnt produced so far this winter in a meaningful way 

Been model watching since November too.  Looked brilliant at times then back track everytime.  Would be nice to get 1 big shot before end of winter. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out and about delivering this morning and it really doesn't get much better than this for these parts. Love it. 

20190201_092847.jpg

20190201_094252.jpg

20190201_094248.jpg

20190201_093849.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously snowed here this morning as there is a dusting outside but I was asleep so yet to see a snowflake fall this winter. 

Still not giving up on this winter though, can see it been a late winter this year after we get over the mild incursion next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Metoffice warning issued

sn.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, jello said:

Metoffice warning issued

sn.png

Interesting! I've been keeping an eye on those showers over the North of Scotland which look like they want to head this direction - fingers crossed!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Euro 4 not promising for snow tonight but wonder how much snow we get from the front on Sunday morning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SnowJon said:

Interesting! I've been keeping an eye on those showers over the North of Scotland which look like they want to head this direction - fingers crossed!

In fairness it does say snow showers mainly affecting Scotland..... not much mention on NI anywhere in the details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sparky72 said:

In fairness it does say snow showers mainly affecting Scotland..... not much mention on NI anywhere in the details.

True dat! Will have to wait and see and keep everything crossed 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a light snow shower here. It lay in my back garden but not on roads and paths. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...