Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Mapantz

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Recommended Posts

Just now, mountain shadow said:

The GFS 6z was just rain as it came in unfortunately, but at the least the 6z brings in a very cold Easterly and I know how much you guys in the North West love those....

Worth remembering GFS always to far East Correction likely to happen.

Look how far North the Hirlam gets the snow tomorrow

hirlamuk-1-28-0.png

hirlamuk-1-29-0.png

hirlamuk-1-31-0.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, booferking said:

Worth remembering GFS always to far East Correction likely to happen.

Look how far North the Hirlam gets the snow tomorrow

hirlamuk-1-28-0.png

hirlamuk-1-29-0.png

hirlamuk-1-31-0.png

Is Hirlam any good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He she comes on sat. Will be interesting watching it approach, he’s hoping it tracks north and we all get in on any action.

BFCB2F2B-A549-4D59-83D5-F06FA6F07CE3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

He she comes on sat. Will be interesting watching it approach, he’s hoping it tracks north and we all get in on any action.

BFCB2F2B-A549-4D59-83D5-F06FA6F07CE3.png

Not to second guess the boffins but it looks further north than showing on GFS charts ....hopeful thinking maybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, booferking said:

Worth remembering GFS always to far East Correction likely to happen.

Look how far North the Hirlam gets the snow tomorrow

hirlamuk-1-28-0.png

hirlamuk-1-29-0.png

hirlamuk-1-31-0.png

Now that would bust my balls! Look at Dublin, the only place it falls as rain I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad!

Edited by Rocheydub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, na52 said:

Not to second guess the boffins but it looks further north than showing on GFS charts ....hopeful thinking maybe

Maybe slightly wishful thinking... especially as to go against ALL other forecasts!! But I’ll cross my fingers too!!!

anyway we did well last night so won’t complain.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

The GFS 6z was just rain as it came in unfortunately, but at the least the 6z brings in a very cold Easterly and I know how much you guys in the North West love those....

The met 16-30 day outlook today is a downgrade there's no doubt. I think the effects of the SSW this year haven't been as favourable to our location (UK/Ireland) as many would have liked, hence the constant uncertainty in the forecasts. I'm not saying they can't be wrong but they have been very bullish for a number of weeks about February whereas the latest update drops the very cold more to cold and closer to a normal winter month. Pity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Melting fast away from the shade this past hour. Hoping for a Northerly in the next couple of weeks. I've had enough of background signals for one year😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe some hope for us in the northern third of Ireland. Met Éireann Ulster update 1hr ago

Tomorrow

Cold and increasingly windy on Thursday. Remaining frost, ice and fog soon clearing. Some sleet and snow will extend northeastwards during the day, turning to rain in southern areas later. Top temperatures just 2 to 3 degrees and feeling colder in the easterly wind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sparky72 said:

Maybe slightly wishful thinking... especially as to go against ALL other forecasts!! But I’ll cross my fingers too!!!

anyway we did well last night so won’t complain.

 

Never a slave to conventional thinking me lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really can't see the snow extending North of Dublin on Thursday, I really can't, and with the downgrade on very cold expectations during February this could go down as a snowless Winter for me, however, chin up, and still time for change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rocheydub said:

Now that would bust my balls! Look at Dublin, the only place it falls as rain I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad!

Look again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

I really can't see the snow extending North of Dublin on Thursday, I really can't, and with the downgrade on very cold expectations during February this could go down as a snowless Winter for me, however, chin up, and still time for change.

I can't see it getting much further north than Galway/North Dublin myself that's my angle of attack, as for Metoffice forecast whats the odds that Easterly grows over the coming days now that they've changed there outlook .

Another thing metoffice Yellow warning for snow in the warning zone was a joke way off the mark try 3-8cm locally 10+cm should have been there forecast.  They were more worried about the slushy mess that fell in the South East of England and had there eye off the game up here bigtime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weather does seem out of Whack in general. Hardly any wind storms up here anymore compared to the 90s early 00s. Climate just seems to have gotten even more bland. Weeks of nothingness seem to be more common. I see mullingar has water restrictions put in place in January due to critical low water levels. In January that's mad. 

Edited by StormyWeather28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picturesque and scenic. Very chilly though with a cold mist. 

Recorded 1.5 inches (3.81cm) of snow. Of course it is thawing right now but its gradual and it'll be a frosty night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next area of hope is Friday Hirlam picking up a little low pushing down from the North ICON also has this one to, i no clutching straws but cold snaps always spring a few surprises over the years..

hirlamuk-2-48-0.png

hirlamuk-1-48-0.png

iconeu_uk1-2-44-0.png

iconeu_uk1-2-46-0.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, booferking said:

Next area of hope is Friday Hirlam picking up a little low pushing down from the North ICON also has this one to, i no clutching straws but cold snaps always spring a few surprises over the years..

hirlamuk-2-48-0.png

hirlamuk-1-48-0.png

iconeu_uk1-2-44-0.png

iconeu_uk1-2-46-0.png

The UK met automated forecast (usual caveats ) are giving me light snow symbols for Friday night into Saturday,  so maybe something in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good covering over the north west

A07E53F3-B992-4A9A-AB4D-478D56AB8994.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Weegaz said:

A good covering over the north west

A07E53F3-B992-4A9A-AB4D-478D56AB8994.jpeg

To be honest I've examined the full photo of both  UK and Ireland and pretty sure it's highly edited. Just seems very weird and blurred in places

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder is there much precipitation in the cloud shown ahead of the low pressure, another few hours it will be pushing into the west

ECEF1530-7A15-41C6-8A44-6724EC94021F.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday is really not without interest with that slider low sorry make that 2 lows one for the North one for the South..

Also picking up the snow chance Friday also..

gfs-0-90.png

gfs-1-90.png

gfs-2-90.png

gfs-0-108.png

gfs-2-108.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...