Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Mapantz

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

5 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

You can see the cloud cover forming for this on sat24, looks like places are going to get a serious amount from it

Can you send the link through for that.

NI Weather & Flood Advisory Service has issued the following weather warnings.

An AMBER warning of Snow has been issued for parts of Northern Ireland. (See Map)
A Yellow warning of Snow has been issued for parts of Northern Ireland (See Map) 

This warning is now valid
Warning valid until 10:00 30/01/2019

NB - This warning may be extended to include other areas as the night progresses. 

Hail & snow showers are expected to continue to move in from the West overnight.   Heavy at times and forming into longer bands of snow in places, especially within the amber warning area.

There could be some significant accumulations in the amber warning area by morning.

Varying accumulations also possible within the yellow warning area. Some parts outside the warning area may also see some snow.

Disruption to travel is possible overnight and into tomorrow morning.

Extra care is needed if travelling overnight and tomorrow due to risk of Ice, snowfall and lying snow in places.

NB - Although our warning covers much of NI. This does not necessarily mean all areas will experience the same conditions and snow amounts will vary. Our warning map is only given as an indication of the potential for such an occurrence, even if quite localised.

FB_IMG_1548795018455.jpg

• Sad 2

Talk about snow to the North and Snow to the South... the gaps getting smaller but I’m still in the “no snow zone”

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, booferking said:

Can you send the link through for that.

https://en.sat24.com/en/eu/infraPolair

You can zoom in and out boofer, just make sure to refresh ever half hour as it doesn’t update like the radar does

• Thanks 1

Just watching on the radar some intense blobs moving into the West of Scotland (Where I am)

I then noticed the same moving into NI and Ireland! We are in for a snow party tonight ladies and gents!!!!! 

Have a good one!!! ❄️☃️

Bring on the snooooooowwwwwwww!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Keep the photos coming guys. I'm not jealous at all 😭

Edited by sweepykat
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sparky72 said:

Talk about snow to the North and Snow to the South... the gaps getting smaller but I’m still in the “no snow zone”

Same boat. To make matters worse missed it by 1 mile and then it was directly to the East of me. Friend 2 miles away has snow lol

Haha loving the snow pics for you lucky ones. Feeling like @Rocheydub this time round with the snow shield talk. Hoping something miraculous happens and I wake up tomorrow with a good layering of white stuff. Highly doubt it though. Not jealous at all 😩 😂 

Enjoy folks 🥶🥶

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Do we have any Fermanagh posters on here?

They’d need broadband first☺️

• Haha 5

Would be nice if that front off the north west of Scotland headed South!!

Omagh in the tunnel of death at the minute but look to NW, there's significant showers forming in the gap that's gave us nothing. Keep the faith my Tyrone Brethren!! 😂😂

Meanwhile, I called with my mate for half an hour in Dromore. The fact they were under a streamer didn't influence my decision at all. Soem difference for 9 miles up the road. 

Screenshot_20190129_212942.jpg

Screenshot_20190129_213121.jpg

• Haha 4

Yep Sperrin I'm in the same boat. Nothin here either. Sickening to watch the radar 

Been snowing here since 8.15. Not overly heavy but just adding to what's on the ground. Have about 3cms so far. Have to drive from Derry to Antrim at 5am. Could be a very interesting drive. Lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, snowydog said:

Haha loving the snow pics for you lucky ones. Feeling like @Rocheydub this time round with the snow shield talk. Hoping something miraculous happens and I wake up tomorrow with a good layering of white stuff. Highly doubt it though. Not jealous at all 😩😂 

Enjoy folks 🥶🥶

Snowy, Its just hit the mena there now but p..s poor covering....very light. Heading in your direction now, hopefully not fizzling out before it reaches ya!

Starting to wonder if that blob out west will even make it this far.!

7 minutes ago, zebra3 said:

Snowy, Its just hit the mena there now but p..s poor covering....very light. Heading in your direction now, hopefully not fizzling out before it reaches ya!

Ooo I’ll have to keep an eye out. Thanks for the update. I’ve family up in Ballymoney - was there last night .. should have been there tonight instead 😁

just managed to catch the northern end of that last shower which mostly ran south of me. left a nice covering though. Fermanagh looks best positioned as long as those woodchip boilers don't melt it all.

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, snowydog said:

Ooo I’ll have to keep an eye out. Thanks for the update. I’ve family up in Ballymoney - was there last night .. should have been there tonight instead 😁

No probs. Total white out in Ballymoney  judging by the radar.😁 Hopefully some of the heavier stuff will make to our neck of the woods before the nights out!🙏

Edited by zebra3
  • Like 1

Someone must be getting buried in NW Ireland ATM - lots more to come !!

• Like 1

Pretty heavy stuff out there when you catch the showers.

20190129_222212.jpg

• Like 1