Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Posted

I didn’t think it was possible but charts are getting worse! Hopefully they all hit the drink over Xmas. 

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 3.2k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took the Drone up for a wee shot of Derry this morning. Great to see some snow on the ground.

good luck ireland ?  

Definitely good to see Pom. I really have a feeling that we are going in to the freezer whether or not we see a pile of snow or not then I will settle for ice days and winter sunshine. Here is a few s

Posted Images

Posted
    7 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

I didn’t think it was possible but charts are getting worse! Hopefully they all hit the drink over Xmas. 

The Meto run only goes to Boxing Day, i wouldn't be expecting anything until early January and even that would be just be signs of a block moving North. Lets see what tonight's GFS and ECM bring.

Posted
    8 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

The Meto run only goes to Boxing Day, i wouldn't be expecting anything until early January and even that would be just be signs of a block moving North. Lets see what tonight's GFS and ECM bring.

Hopefully more cheer! 

Posted
    2 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Have we a decent chart for once! 

Yes. Decent GFS 12z. Very cold Easterly in by the start of the month then signs of a Scandi high retrogression to Greenland. 

Posted
    1 minute ago, mountain shadow said:

Yes. Decent GFS 12z. Very cold Easterly in by the start of the month then signs of a Scandi high retrogression to Greenland. 

Cheers MS! Hope it doesn’t disappear like the Xmas charts! But small steps I guess 

Posted

Good chart didn’t last to long MS. Ah well. The hunt for the needle in the haystack continues. 

Edited by Neiller22
    Posted
    1 hour ago, Neiller22 said:

Good chart didn’t last to long MS. Ah well. The hunt for the needle in the haystack continues. 

Not really. There was hope of quick trop response which might have brought in the cold early in the New Year, unfortunately it does look more likely that we'll need to wait until mid January. 

Posted
    1 hour ago, mountain shadow said:

Not really. There was hope of quick trop response which might have brought in the cold early in the New Year, unfortunately it does look more likely that we'll need to wait until mid January. 

Then it wil be end of jan start of Feb! ??. What will be will be. 

Posted

Happy Christmas to you all. The model output at the minute is dire. Just doesn't look as if we are gonna get anything cold and snowy any time soon. I'll be in Iceland in 2 weeks time and there is zero snow there at the minute. It's depressing. Lol 

• Like 1
    Posted

Yes Merry Christmas to all my weather/snow geek friends??

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Merry Xmas to all and let's hope for some winter weather at some point next month. 

I had a lot more air frosts in September and October than November and December. Also woke up to laying and falling snow on the morning of the last Saturday in October. November and December have been a joke. Zero interesting weather, any "storms" were just standard bad days. Nothing exceptional. 

No snow, no cold, no sun, no storms just the most boring mild cloudy high eating up valuable time from the heart of winter. Jesus this high is getting more irritating than listening to another brexit discussion. 

Posted

horrific charts. the worst iv seen for many a year and dont look like improving. Expect meto outlook to change to poss end of january cold. By then nights much longer and time running out. SSW my A*SE ! waste if time