Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mapantz

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Recommended Posts

Yeah before they just cut the video. It's obvious most forecasters are unsure of how far north it will get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Radio Ulster going for a period of snow Thursday PM, expect weather warnings later today 👍

I would be surprised if we got a Weather warning for Thursday yet.

The system could still shift much further South and miss Northern counties completely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

I would be surprised if we got a Weather warning for Thursday yet.

The system could still shift much further South and miss Northern counties completely. 

Possible weather warning for tomorrow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hirlam and Euro4 going for decent accumulations across the NW over next 48 hours. Will be interesting what colour warning met eireann go for. Euro 4 going for 7 to 9cm low ground and 10cm+ on the higher from the shot I just saw on model thread. That would be red with their criteria but not a hope in hell of that lol. Hoping to see a orange/Amber but will probably be a yellow ha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well thats depressing, last night the North Coast was under the deep purple for close to 10cm!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, bobbarley said:

Well thats depressing, last night the North Coast was under the deep purple for close to 10cm!

Not as depressing as it looks for South Eastern Down. Looks the showers will fade before reaching here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Not as depressing as it looks for South Eastern Down. Looks the showers will fade before reaching here.

I'm far from convinced on this one and I'm usually quite bullish with these events but we will see my own prediction for my area 1-2cm snow at the most out this till Friday at anytime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, booferking said:

I'm far from convinced on this one and I'm usually quite bullish with these events but we will see my own prediction for my area 1-2cm snow at the most out this till Friday at anytime.

6z ICON has no snow for the North.... Let's see what the 6z GFS brings

image.png.75907df256a4d425bc5429ddb6266905.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

6z ICON has no snow for the North.... Let's see what the 6z GFS brings

image.png.75907df256a4d425bc5429ddb6266905.png

Seen that popped into the Midlands/Southern regional thread sorry i meant model thread there really is no control in there what so ever the mods just let them have full rein of that thread won't be near it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Met eireann warning out

Status Yellow - Snow-ice warning for Ireland Very cold this week with scattered wintry showers, frequent across the southwest, west and north. Some accumulations of snow are expected. There will be widespread frost at night with icy stretches on untreated surfaces. There is the possibility of a more significant spell of sleet/snow on Thursday. This warning will be updated at 10am on Tuesday 29th January. Issued: Monday 28 January 2019 09:00 Updated: Monday 28 January 2019 09:00 Valid from Tuesday 29 January 2019 06:00 to Saturday 02 February 2019 18:00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like they are going to upgrade Thursday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

Sounds like they are going to upgrade Thursday!

Never mind Thursday, this the latest euro 4 snowfall forecast for the next 48 hours....

image.png.a6238c93aeeef16dff1cd0cad483d896.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Never mind Thursday, this the latest euro 4 snowfall forecast for the next 48 hours....

image.png.a6238c93aeeef16dff1cd0cad483d896.png

 

tenor (4).gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How have the UK met not released a warning for NI for tonight/tomorrow morning? More interested in a few cms for the SE?

Looks like it could be pretty hazardous for rush hour in the morning. 

Screenshot_20190128_113332.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

How have the UK met not released a warning for NI for tonight/tomorrow morning? More interested in a few cms for the SE?

Looks like it could be pretty hazardous for rush hour in the morning. 

Screenshot_20190128_113332.jpg

Was wondering the same myself.

i guess the met office are going for just non disruptive cold mush here or else they don’t care cos London might see snow?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

 

 

I'm a bit bemused why the Met Office has snow and ice warnings out for the British mainland but not for NI though, surely, parts of Tyrone & Derry will be more exposed than most parts of the UK to the NW winds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tweeted Marco Petagna from the met office to get his read on it. He's usually very reachable and open in sharing his opinion.

A great follow if you're on twitter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe over here in the West it’s marginal as to whether or not cold enough to snow at lower levels? Been like that in past. The temp never quite gets as low as it should.

anyone have friends in the road service?

they usually know what’s going on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...