Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

I think the biggest issue is people say it's a terrible run full stop without including for my location. An Easterly is almost always crap for my location and after missing out on the monster snow last season, zero snow from it in fact when I saw the easterly being modeled a couple of weeks ago, I knew it was going to be great for some if it happened but not for me so I said not a great run for my location. Anyway boards.ie is mostly the same as the model thread, some say the same as in the mod thread without including the important for my location part, you could have a foot of snow outside yet it wouldn't count as it's not from an Easterly with some of them.  

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, ronan said:

The South of Ireland also had the beast last year. @Rocheydub The Dublin snow shield was completely smashed. Should't really matter about population. We are all on the hunt for cold. Not just the south. 

Indeed got more snow than I ever got from a channel low or Thames streamer. At the end of the day it's the weather, nothing anyone can do to change it and throwing toys out of prams is just plain silly and the tantrums are really grating now.

• Like 3

Posted

Thanks @ronan it was pretty special. I will say though, look at that last snow depth chart posted here, that fckniug snow shield is in full effect YET AGAIN!!!

Looking forward to this week. Should be some great lamppost watching........ for you guys!!! I'll stick to Hi-Res models from tomorrow onwards.

Edited by Rocheydub

Posted

Craic good in here tonight after a quiet day, here’s hoping it’ll be even better if we get a proper dumping over the next week!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Just had a hail shower here. Not sure what has been going on the rest of the night, the vodka took over . I'm off to bed!

Posted

Hope this system later this week don't head south of us as i will really be peed off if it does the trend is showing this.

Another poor trend is the shower activity getting weaker every run for Tuesday that low slipping South causing the strength of the wind to slacking up here plus take away the intensity of are shower stream not happy this morning guys.

Edited by booferking

Posted

GSFP gives torrential snow in the midlands Ireland also keeps system further north keep up the good work FV3.

Also rotates the precipitation around the North nice.

gfs-2-108.png

gfs-16-138.png

Edited by booferking
  • Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, booferking said:

GSFP gives torrential snow in the midlands Ireland also keeps system further north keep up the good work FV3.

Also rotates the precipitation around the North nice.

gfs-2-108.png

gfs-16-138.png

Would be nice if it came just a wee bit further north, actually would be nice if if just cover the whole of the Island with heavy.snow all over, I can but dream

• Like 1

Posted

Yep looks like after all their whinging and whining, central ad south east England will actually do very well this week.

I guess things can still change even when the met office have warnings out, so will keep hoping  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
1 hour ago, booferking said:

First signs from the high resoultions.

nmm_uk1-1-36-0.png

Will those showers make it as far as Cookstown, Boofer?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

Nothing on the Down coast.

Always found the model thread to be very biased towards S and SE England and if easterly didn't materialise then winter was over. Some very good, knowledgeable posters but a good lot of constant moaning and melt down central.

That's why I.dont post that often even though I've been on here since 2008. Find this thread much better.

• Like 2