Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

16 minutes ago, Mixer 85 said:

Lots of the S word mentioned on Met Eireann website with moderate accumulations in Ulster on Tuesday. Hopefully you guys will get a good old dumping. Personally...I’d be happy with a dusting ? Still nice to see Snow getting a good mention as Met E tend to be rather conservative in that regard. 

Weather after the 9 News she(forget her name sorry) mentioned significant snow on Tuesday and Wednesday. Sure it should be up on the RTÉ player. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather, thunderstorms, snow
14 minutes ago, StormyWeather28 said:

Weather after the 9 News she(forget her name sorry) mentioned significant snow on Tuesday and Wednesday. Sure it should be up on the RTÉ player. 

Thanks Stormy, delighted to hear that as they’ll rarely throw out such statements without a reasonable  level of certainty.

Think now it’s fair to say game on! Just a matter of ironing out the detail now but hopefully we’ll all see a bit of the white stuff this week.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather, thunderstorms, snow

Curious as to how others feel about the mod thread recently? Since last weekend and especially since it’s gone full on banter, it seems to be a scatter bomb of jibber jabber. The content seems to have much less of an informative flow and I’m now finding myself getting irritated after a page or two and baling out. Not to mention  the S Engand bias. 

Anyway, not sure whether it’s fatigue or perhaps disappointment at the failed easterly from last week, but just thought I’d ask if anyone else feels the same.

• Like 3

Posted
15 minutes ago, Mixer 85 said:

Curious as to how others feel about the mod thread recently? Since last weekend and especially since it’s gone full on banter, it seems to be a scatter bomb of jibber jabber. The content seems to have much less of an informative flow and I’m now finding myself getting irritated after a page or two and baling out. Not to mention  the S Engand bias. 

Anyway, not sure whether it’s fatigue or perhaps disappointment at the failed easterly from last week, but just thought I’d ask if anyone else feels the same.

Same here Mixer, I've just gave up on the main banter thread and prefer to sit around here, or just take a glance in the focused model thread. The S England bias is unreal at times!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
22 minutes ago, Mixer 85 said:

It reminds me a bit of what it was like a number of yrs ago . The last number of yrs it's been more  informative then what it used to be but it's defiantly taken a step backwards for the time being anyway. 

• Thanks 1

Posted

Mixer, I think the call to go the way they did was based on the previous months of rattle throwing but to me a bad call. I’ve been lurking for a lot of years an know who to follow. Too many little informed individuals but adamant in there thoughts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Sussex Jules said:

Totally agree with you Mixer and I'm speaking as an ex south easterner. Too much banter and it doesn't flow as well as it used to.

Lol at Ronan just now.

They were quick with the delete button. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, ronan said:

They were quick with the delete button. 

Best thing to do is crop your charts to just show Ireland works a threat it's South East special that one something like this works a treat everytime..

Screenshot_20190125-190845_Chrome.jpg.3fd8923a42e2b434e1b7a33c88c3d2ea.jpg

Edited by booferking
  • Like 1

Posted

haha. It sure does look like the north and north west of Ireland is going to get a dumping at some stage next week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

That was the best post in the model thread I have seen today 

Posted

To be fair there’s about 15m people in that area which may sway the argument on the forms but they had the beast last year so it’s fair we get a week of white gold

Posted
3 minutes ago, gman144 said:

To be fair there’s about 15m people in that area which may sway the argument on the forms but they had the beast last year so it’s fair we get a week of white gold

The South of Ireland also had the beast last year. @Rocheydub The Dublin snow shield was completely smashed. Should't really matter about population. We are all on the hunt for cold. Not just the south. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

It's snowing!!! 

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, Sperrin said:

It's snowing!!! 

Was just about to say anywhere in the North were showers are falling most be snow already as dew points are very low already -2 here.

Edited by booferking
  • Like 1