Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
21 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Looking good for the week ahead. ECM is still a bit of a party pooper with its blowing up of the low but it has improved on yesterday .

Sounds good ms, looks like tomorrow on could give a few white showers.

Where do you think the low will track? Looked to be heading to far south for us?

Posted
7 hours ago, Sparky72 said:

Have to say though this time last week, automated forecasts were showing moderate amounts of snow for those places that actually got snow this week. 

At the moment automated forecasts not showing much for next week.

would love to be proved wrong, but just saying?

Automate forecasts change about 50 times a day. Currently showing snow showers or or heavy snow for Derry on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. I really thing we are on the verge of something special this week. The will be a few sweet spots as well. @Sperrin

Posted
2 hours ago, Weegaz said:

Sounds good ms, looks like tomorrow on could give a few white showers.

Where do you think the low will track? Looked to be heading to far south for us?

Personally,  I think it will be further South but that does keep us the colder air longer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
34 minutes ago, parrotingfantasist said:

The ICON 06z seems to be in for Thursday morning.. It predicted the (lack of) snowfall perfectly for the last front which came past a few days ago.

image.thumb.png.ca7503c4739d234eb18344c0db1b22e1.png

download (2).jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

Let us all pray that the UKMO 12z run is on the money, because it's a thing of beauty. Cross polar flows and HLB's all over the place if they came true!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

He's obviously a bit clueless then. A couple of years ago  Parts of Ireland had snow from South Westerlies originating even further West in Canada.

I had constant streamers that day. 9 inches of snow by the next morning. And other areas had it worse than me. Warm front crossed the country the following day sadly. 

He's not rating this potential slider either "Regardless of the track of the low, the airmass looks too modified for anything of note, away from hills and mountains." 

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, StormyWeather28 said:

Met eireann mentioning moderate accumulations likely for Tuesday. 

Thank God for that.  Celia Daly's forecast just had temps of 4 to 6 degrees all week with nought but wintry showers.

14 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Thank God for that.  Celia Daly's forecast just had temps of 4 to 6 degrees all week with nought but wintry showers.

Met office more encouraging than that 

Outlook for Monday to Wednesday:

A cold few days with a mixture of clear or sunny spells and occasional sleet or snow showers giving some accumulations.

• Like 1

Posted

Picking these charts from Model thread...while it's all touch and go in there for S England Tuesday and Thursday looking good here! 

Screenshot_20190126_195705_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190126_195713_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by Sperrin
  • Like 3

Posted

I’m trying to sus out good this coming week will be, looks good out west but could be a few areas in the east of Ireland disappointed!

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, bobbarley said:

I’m trying to sus out good this coming week will be, looks good out west but could be a few areas in the east of Ireland disappointed!

Yea so excited but also soooo cautious... I remember a slider that I was sure would deliver a dumping only 24 hrs out only for the bloody thing to stall and pivot 15 miles down the road ..but PMA every time

Posted
10 minutes ago, bobbarley said:

With winds from the NW then NW areas will do significantly better than the East.

That's just the way it.is.

Posted

Model thread impossible at the minute. As someone said you'd be forgiven for thinking it was the SE England regional!! 

Wind is fairly picking up outside, BTW. There'll be a good bite in the air tomorrow morning. 

Edited by Sperrin

Posted

Bit of confusion, graphics show snow an rain mix to weekend. Just want someone with a bit of knowledge to go winters coming.get the sled oiled park up all BMW’s an have a bit of craic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather, thunderstorms, snow

Lots of the S word mentioned on Met Eireann website with moderate accumulations in Ulster on Tuesday. Hopefully you guys will get a good old dumping. Personally...I’d be happy with a dusting ? Still nice to see Snow getting a good mention as Met E tend to be rather conservative in that regard. 

• Like 1