Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Posted
    8 minutes ago, Donegal said:

Always nice to see snow falling but what a crock of .... for mid winter. Hopefully we see something of worth in January. 

Sure the mod thread guarantees it, SSW is always ready to deliver, if it wasn’t for those pesky short waves. Snowy January’s are as rare as dry August’s in Ireland, I know that. Nevertheless, at least 12 weeks, so we shall see.

• Like 1
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 3.2k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took the Drone up for a wee shot of Derry this morning. Great to see some snow on the ground.

good luck ireland ?  

Definitely good to see Pom. I really have a feeling that we are going in to the freezer whether or not we see a pile of snow or not then I will settle for ice days and winter sunshine. Here is a few s

Posted Images

Posted

Rain/sleet here, and lashing down. Awful night out there.

Posted

I was hoping to get up early in the morning and go for a hike with the dog up to the Glenshane but I'd probably be better having a lye in. Milder air taking over 😢😢

Screenshot_20201227_223737.jpg

Posted
    1 minute ago, ronan said:

I was hoping to get up early in the morning and go for a hike with the dog up to the Glenshane but I'd probably be better having a lye in. Milder air taking over 😢😢

Screenshot_20201227_223737.jpg

Such a waste snow line must be on top of the mountain's now.🤮

Posted
    8 minutes ago, booferking said:

Such a waste snow line must be on top of the mountain's now.🤮

Yeah such a waste. Higher hopes for January. There just isn't any real cold to tap in to at the minute. I'm normally on my 2nd or 3rd Iceland trip at this stage of Winter but gutted that I can't go anywhere. Booked for mid March so fingers crossed. 

6 minutes ago, booferking said:

Need a true Arctic Northerly these North westerly sourced pm flows dont cut it.

This was bad even for a PM flow. 2017/18? type they can deliver sometimes but never for long low down. 2000 and 2010 had a good one. We're overdue a proper one come next week ha.

Edited by Donegal
    Posted
    25 minutes ago, ronan said:

Yeah such a waste. Higher hopes for January. There just isn't any real cold to tap in to at the minute. I'm normally on my 2nd or 3rd Iceland trip at this stage of Winter but gutted that I can't go anywhere. Booked for mid March so fingers crossed. 

Hopefully a bit of normality returns soon but you might not have to go if we get a 2010 repeat😁

Posted
    1 minute ago, booferking said:

Hopefully a bit of normality returns soon but you might not have to go if we get a 2010 repeat😁

Ha that's a big if. 🤔🤔 I've experienced some amazing snow storms in Iceland the past few years. They will be hard to beat. I must dig out a few photos and videos and post them here. Amazing to experience. We had to dig our way out after one of the storms 😂😂

IMG_20201227_234026.jpg

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Warm suppers!!🤣🤣

Posted
    15 minutes ago, Donegal said:

@mountain shadow Your ears are burning haha

20201227_234116.jpg

Can't beat a warm fish supper.

Let's be clear though. I pretty much had one heavy fall of snow which melted after 20 minutes.

Not exactly 1963 or 1947.

• Like 1
    Posted
    23 minutes ago, ronan said:

Ha that's a big if. 🤔🤔 I've experienced some amazing snow storms in Iceland the past few years. They will be hard to beat. I must dig out a few photos and videos and post them here. Amazing to experience. We had to dig our way out after one of the storms 😂😂

IMG_20201227_234026.jpg

Class👌

Posted

Just cold miserable rain this morning. Not even a bit of frost or ice. You were right mountain shadow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Got some snow in south Tipp yesterday. Huge flakes and stuck a little bit eventually. Turned to rain during the night though, so all gone now.

• Like 2
    Posted

Cant believe we have a Northerly airstream in Winter and have only rain at 400 feet.

The upper air temperatures look better mid week but not a lot of precipitation around to take advantage. 

Looking further ahead, maybe an Easterly but again the uppers are poor.

Posted
    7 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Cant believe we have a Northerly airstream in Winter and have only rain at 400 feet.

The upper air temperatures look better mid week but not a lot of precipitation around to take advantage. 

Looking further ahead, maybe an Easterly but again the uppers are poor.

It's mental but then it's a sign of how things are I suppose, the effects of global warming perhaps?

Posted
    1 minute ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

It's mental but then it's a sign of how things are I suppose, the effects of global warming perhaps?

There's no doubt in my mind that global warming is making it more difficult to get cold enough air in.

• Like 1
    Posted
    1 minute ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

If all the rain that fell last night and this morning was snow we would be snowed in now GW is having a big effect on are climate now unfortunately 😪😪

• Like 2