Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards


Recommended Posts

Posted
  • Location: Ireland - East Coast
  • Location: Ireland - East Coast

    Merry Christmas everyone, wishing you all the very best and hopefully a little snow to add to the ambiance over next few days. The kids will love it, not talking about those in the model thread either.  Take care and stay safe.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 3.2k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Popular Posts

    Took the Drone up for a wee shot of Derry this morning. Great to see some snow on the ground.

    good luck ireland ?  

    Definitely good to see Pom. I really have a feeling that we are going in to the freezer whether or not we see a pile of snow or not then I will settle for ice days and winter sunshine. Here is a few s

    Posted Images

    Posted
  • Location: Carryduff, County Down 420ft ASL
  • Location: Carryduff, County Down 420ft ASL
    21 minutes ago, booferking said:

    Lol your right in what your saying tho it's marginal at best for most of the country quite a few won't see snow,  i see mod thread has turned into the Midlands south east thread again 🤨

    Turned into?

    It was ever thus.

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Lee, London. SE12, 41 mts. 134.5 ft asl.
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy, wintry weather
  • Location: Lee, London. SE12, 41 mts. 134.5 ft asl.

    Afternoon and a Merry Xmas to all Ireland Regional Members, from a South East England interloper.

    Belfast and Dublin were 2 locations that figured in Category 6 (White Christmas), of my Winter Weather Predicting Competition. 

    Can any Irish Regional Member confirm whether or not, these 2 locations have had any Snow so far?

    Just a single Snowflake counts.

    Much thanks.

    TomSE12 👍 ❄️

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Co.Tyrone
  • Location: Co.Tyrone
    36 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

    Afternoon and a Merry Xmas to all Ireland Regional Members, from a South East England interloper.

    Belfast and Dublin were 2 locations that figured in Category 6 (White Christmas), of my Winter Weather Predicting Competition. 

    Can any Irish Regional Member confirm whether or not, these 2 locations have had any Snow so far?

    Just a single Snowflake counts.

    Much thanks.

    TomSE12 👍 ❄️

    No reports of any snow I am afraid Tom ☹

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Lee, London. SE12, 41 mts. 134.5 ft asl.
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy, wintry weather
  • Location: Lee, London. SE12, 41 mts. 134.5 ft asl.
    1 hour ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

    No reports of any snow I am afraid Tom ☹

    Much thanks, for the above.

    Regards,

    TomSE12 👍

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Loughmacrory, Co Tyrone. 170m asl
  • Weather Preferences: snow
  • Location: Loughmacrory, Co Tyrone. 170m asl

    Things must be looking good as we (in NI) got a mention around snow chances on Sunday night!! Havent paid much attention but pulled up the euro4 model there and its showing snow hitting donegal hard and moving east at 3pm tomorrow right through to Sunday evening!! Is this way off? I remember it being quite a reliable model.

    Edit: just watched BBC news weather and there's no chance of snow tomorrow afternoon, euro4 obv had too much vino today!

     

    20122615_2512.gif

    20122718_2512.gif

    Edited by Sperrin
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Derry 106m asl
  • Location: Derry 106m asl
    1 hour ago, Sperrin said:

    Things must be looking good as we (in NI) got a mention around snow chances on Sunday night!! Havent paid much attention but pulled up the euro4 model there and its showing snow hitting donegal hard and moving east at 3pm tomorrow right through to Sunday evening!! Is this way off? I remember it being quite a reliable model.

    Edit: just watched BBC news weather and there's no chance of snow tomorrow afternoon, euro4 obv had too much vino today!

     

    20122615_2512.gif

    20122718_2512.gif

    I do follow the euro 4 when things get this  close but I think it assumes everywhere is 200m asl and you have to account for that 

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Carryduff, County Down 420ft ASL
  • Location: Carryduff, County Down 420ft ASL
    2 hours ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

    Hmmm BBC weather app going for heavy snow showers in my area tomorrow, previously was showing sleet, as always we shall see. 

    Screenshot_20201226-075453_BBC Weather.jpg

    For me, it currently shows sleet.

    There will be many local factors determining whether we get snow, sleet or rain.

    I would say 200m and above, definitely snow.

    100m to 200m, impossible to say.

    Less than 100m, rain or sleet.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Co.Tyrone
  • Location: Co.Tyrone
    4 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

    For me, it currently shows sleet.

    There will be many local factors determining whether we get snow, sleet or rain.

    I would say 200m and above, definitely snow.

    100m to 200m, impossible to say.

    Less than 100m, rain or sleet.

    I have zero expectations of anything white for my location Mountain, @Sperrin should do ok though 👍. Tell you what though its getting very breezy out there atm

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Carryduff, County Down 420ft ASL
  • Location: Carryduff, County Down 420ft ASL
    10 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

    I have zero expectations of anything white for my location Mountain, @Sperrin should do ok though 👍. Tell you what though its getting very breezy out there atm

    I do like a good storm, and are stuck in doors, especially with a Christmas hangover.

    Kraken Rum is not good for you!

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Derry
  • Location: Derry
    5 minutes ago, booferking said:

    Warm sector alert for Sunday system being picked up couple of models hopefully that disappears on the 12z😅

    Shhhhhh Boofer. Not alowd to talk about warm sectors in here. That's bad language 🤦🏻‍♂️😂😂

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Met office warning further details

    Localised accumulations of 1-3 cm are possible to lower levels but higher accumulations are likely over higher ground. Above 250 metres, accumulations of 5-10 cm are possible. Whilst skies are expected to clear from the north overnight, icy patches are likely to develop and persist through to Monday morning.

    Seems like it could go either way. When some areas had snow a couple of weeks ago they had no warning at all.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Tyrone
  • Location: Tyrone
    44 minutes ago, ronan said:

    Shhhhhh Boofer. Not alowd to talk about warm sectors in here. That's bad language 🤦🏻‍♂️😂😂

    🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐😂😂😂😂

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Carryduff, County Down 420ft ASL
  • Location: Carryduff, County Down 420ft ASL
    51 minutes ago, booferking said:

    Warm sector alert for Sunday system being picked up couple of models hopefully that disappears on the 12z😅

    Is the warm sector widespread or localised?

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    For the showers tomorrow. Expecting a separate warning for tomorrow evening/night

    Status Yellow - Snow/Ice warning for Donegal and Leitrim

    Met Éireann Weather Warning

    Wintry showers during Sunday with some accumulations possible. Risk of icy stretches on untreated surfaces.

    Valid: 06:00 Sunday 27/12/2020 to 20:00 Sunday 27/12/2020

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest
    This topic is now closed to further replies.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...