Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

First time this Season the big dirty W word has been used. 

Met office NI 

Rain for a time on Monday morning, becoming dry and bright in the afternoon. Mostly dry on Tuesday. Colder on Wednesday with showers, turning wintry on high ground.

• Like 2
Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took the Drone up for a wee shot of Derry this morning. Great to see some snow on the ground.

good luck ireland ?  

Definitely good to see Pom. I really have a feeling that we are going in to the freezer whether or not we see a pile of snow or not then I will settle for ice days and winter sunshine. Here is a few s

Posted Images

Posted

Just caught up on the model thread. Interesting times ahead. Might not be much cold to tap in to right now but things still evolving. Will be interesting to see what happens in the next week. 10 years later and we may be on the verge of another 2010 type Winter. If only 🤔

• Like 1
    Posted
    6 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

First wee winter 2020/21 snow symbols for my area for Thursday coming

Screenshot_20201130-160225_BBC Weather.jpg

Thinking about getting a giant one of those printed and stuck to the side of the house incase the weather gods need a wee reminder 

Posted

Hi guys, the model watching starts all over again, hope everyone is safe and well.

Wednesday night into Thursday, based on GFS, shows some potential (have used that word since last winter) 🤣 for some white stuff

Hopefully weather gods good to us this year

E19C8D7B-7A5C-4D56-9A4B-7028FBE2CABE.png

• Like 2

A bit of interest 

Wednesday:

A bright day with a mixture of sunny intervals and showers most frequent in west. The showers turning to snow on hills, perhaps lower ground in the evening. 

Edited by Donegal
    • Like 3
    Posted
    4 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Nope still outside Omagh, Mountain no good for marginal situations 😒 

You were always in prime position in Pomeroy.

Hopefully the snow level will become less marginal as the month progresses and we all get to see some!

• Like 1
    Posted
    13 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

You were always in prime position in Pomeroy.

Hopefully the snow level will become less marginal as the month progresses and we all get to see some!

Fingers crossed, aye @Sperrin gets all the fun now, does he still post on here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Well lads, like a bad smell I'm lingering around, came out of hibernation when I saw an increase in model talk coming through on Twitter!

Haven't paid much attention to tomorrow night so fill me in...you think we'll see some action?!

• Like 2
    Posted

Ice warning issued for tomorrow, I also note some excitement in the model thread 

h_lnxvxlqrdqb2kyrixw3lmmul7n-abrzjuzyvzd
    WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Met Office UK weather warnings for rain, snow, wind, fog and ice. Choose your location to keep up to date with local...

Posted
    14 hours ago, Sperrin said:

Well lads, like a bad smell I'm lingering around, came out of hibernation when I saw an increase in model talk coming through on Twitter!

Haven't paid much attention to tomorrow night so fill me in...you think we'll see some action?!

Welcome back Sperrin.

Things certainly looking interesting from mid month but a lot can still go wrong.

As a positive, much drier and I don't think we'll see 10 degrees for a while.

• Like 2

Met Eireann have a snow warning for Donegal from midnight. That's the only county they have a warning for.

High tomorrow for me of 1 to 2c so if I do get lucky overnight it should last the day and in to Friday afternoon. 

• Like 2
    Posted
    7 minutes ago, Donegal said:

Met Eireann have a snow warning for Donegal from midnight. That's the only county they have a warning for.

High tomorrow for me of 1 to 2c so if I do get lucky overnight it should last the day and in to Friday afternoon. 

Take pics and post them if you see any snow Donegal 👍

8 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Take pics and post them if you see any snow Donegal 👍

Will do. Hopefully I see some falling but probably too low down to see a covering but who knows. You might have some yourself.

• Like 1

"Heavy wintry showers of hail, sleet and snow expected tonight (Wednesday) and Thursday with reduced visibility and accumulations likely in places"

Just read the warning again. Sounds better than I thought, accumulations likely in places.

• Like 1
    Posted

First wee bit of sleet showing on the radar now. Wouod love to see a bit of snow at some stage this week. 

Screenshot_20201202_155420.jpg

Edited by ronan
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: whatever the weather, I'll be watching.

I'm on the snow hunt, my partner is in Singapore and wants pictures of any snow. Depending on how things go this evening, might take a drive up to Glenshane pass for early morning, or, if it falls as snow on high ground here (Belfast hills etc) somewhere local. Showers do look to be penetrating inland well and strong at the minute, so who knows. It's been that long since the last snow risk I've near forgotten just how nowcast snowfall can be. It is a marginal event, but do expect some high ground accumulations.

• Like 2